Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

deise_girl wrote: »
    A few of the papers were calling last night that the 5 of them were on their way back to Maynooth University.
    The SU president has mentioned on the FB pages that the HQ would be open for people needing to talk, so unless they've been told?

The president of the Uni sent out an email saying they have no information on if the people are students or not. I don't know about the SU maybe they know something. some relatives would only be finding out this morning so unless someone went to talk to the SU already I doubt they know.

There are also reports that there was a 6th girl in the car that had just been dropped off at her parents house moments before the crash. Given that at least one of them has parents living in the area it is quite possible that they have other reasons to be in Kildare than Uni.

It's a terrible accident either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Two of them have been named Niamh Doyle and Charmaine Carroll. Indo says they were all college friends but doesn't specify which college.

Awful tragedy.

Orion wrote: »
    Two of them have been named Niamh Doyle and Charmaine Carroll. Indo says they were all college friends but doesn't specify which college.

Awful tragedy.

The Irish times has said that one is an arts student in Maynooth, none of the others were Maynooth students.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Guys, does it really matter what college they were in? 4 girls our age (or thereabouts) have died. Where they went to college doesn't change that fact or the emotions that we should be feeling about it. RIP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Quite ironic I was the one posting here last night, little did I know at the time I was addressing myself in that post.
    Not really sure why Im writing this, Im not really sure of anything right now. Nothing has ever felt so surreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Deise, I'm sorry for your loss. May she, and the other girls, rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Imagine Santa Claus saying "Ho ho ho." Now imagine him saying it very slowly after being hit in the back of the head with a shovel.

Now add 400 geese all tied together and given conflicting instructions, during a fire drill, at a lunatic asylum.

This is how Americans queue at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The website is just an absolute nightmare to navigate, and I STILL don't know the private bus timetables for exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

banquo wrote: »
    Imagine Santa Claus saying "Ho ho ho." Now imagine him saying it very slowly after being hit in the back of the head with a shovel.

Now add 400 geese all tied together and given conflicting instructions, during a fire drill, at a lunatic asylum.

This is how Americans queue at the airport.

301-Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif302-Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

The website is just an absolute nightmare to navigate, and I STILL don't know the private bus timetables for exams!

Some companies don't even run for the exams. You have to check directly with your bus operator. Mine, for example, put the information on their Facebook page. JJ Kavanagh did the same I believe. Send your bus company an email or give them a ring.

EDIT: If you're Streamline (which I think you are) I found the timetable on their website in 2 minutes. Here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

On that subject... anyone know what times Finlays are running from Drogheda? If at all?
    Their website seems to be down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

mickstupp wrote: »
    On that subject... anyone know what times Finlays are running from Drogheda? If at all?
    Their website seems to be down.

Leaves Drogheda at 7.30
    Leaves Maynooth at 18:10

Dammit. Exam tomorrow finishes at 18.30. Not worth just getting it in, money-wise. I'll have to do the Matthews to Drumcondra and train over instead.

Justin normally asks if there's anyone finished after 6:10 but I'm not sure it'd be worth the death stares if you said yes!

Hah! No thanks. Bus of sixty glaring at me for the half hour wait. Jaysus.

EDIT: Wait, how much is a single? The other way is over 8 one way, and if the Finlay's single was just a tenner, I'd go for that to shave the hour or so off the commute.

EDIT, THE SECOND: just found the prices on the nuim site, seems to be 10 for the single. Grand, so.

MRW I'll be handing in 12,000 words of assignments tomorrow

Then remember I have a meeting with my thesis supervisor...

1p72b7.jpg

3.30 exam today in Iontas. Big announcement about making noise while waiting, annoying the English lecturers etc. All I could think was '**** them', they don't have to do exams. They're not teaching for the next few weeks. And being adults that are currently alive, I'm sure they've heard of such things as headphones and earplugs. Then yer man said something about one of the lecturers giving out stink to a student a couple of years ago, due to the noise. What kind of utter d***head stresses out a student like that minutes before they've an exam?

Left at 10am Irish time. Arrived 19 hours later at 5pm San Francisco time.

I cannot tell the different between the land and the sky today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone know what the official line is around setting assignments for modules during exams:
    • In 4th CS, one of the lecturers has set assignments in 2 of his modules that are due during the exams (the day after the exam for one module, the day of the exam for the other).
    • We had been informed there would be assignments to be completed before the Christmas break, but the assignments themselves weren't actually set until yesterday/today
    Understandably those sitting both modules are quite concerned about the fact they'll need to invest time that should be spent getting in last minute revision for other modules working on these assignments.

Any advise on how to proceed?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Does anyone know what the official line is around setting assignments for modules during exams:
    • In 4th CS, one of the lecturers has set assignments in 2 of his modules that are due during the exams (the day after the exam for one module, the day of the exam for the other).
    • We had been informed there would be assignments to be completed before the Christmas break, but the assignments themselves weren't actually set until yesterday/today
    Understandably those sitting both modules are quite concerned about the fact they'll need to invest time that should be spent getting in last minute revision for other modules working on these assignments.

Any advise on how to proceed?
    :pac:

email/visit the lecturer (during office hours) and see if anything can be done, also maybe encourage anyone you know taking the course(s) to do the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Had to go to the toilet for the first time ever in my life during an exam today. As such I realised how having someone have to go with you is so creepy, almost put me off being able to go knowing there was a random lady outside the door listening to what I was doing !

I really dodged a bullet with the CS320 exam today. It was a lot easier than I feared. :o

I really dodged a bullet with the CS320 exam today. It was a lot easier than I feared. :o

Did you see question 4 though? I glanced at it, picked out a few words and just turned the page, it wasn't even worth my time reading that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

mickstupp wrote: »
    3.30 exam today in Iontas. Big announcement about making noise while waiting, annoying the English lecturers etc.All I could think was '**** them', they don't have to do exams. They're not teaching for the next few weeks. And being adults that are currently alive, I'm sure they've heard of such things as headphones and earplugs. Then yer man said something about one of the lecturers giving out stink to a student a couple of years ago, due to the noise. What kind of utter d***head stresses out a student like that minutes before they've an exam?

I agree completely!!

I think yesterday's 5 exams-on-at-the-same-time in Iontas was an all-time high for me. Have to say, I was quite impressed when the Geography people all stood up at the same time...you'd think they'd been practicing!

GarIT wrote: »
    Did you see question 4 though? I glanced at it, picked out a few words and just turned the page, it wasn't even worth my time reading that question.

I can't really remember it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Had to go to the toilet for the first time ever in my life during an exam today. As such I realised how having someone have to go with you is so creepy, almost put me off being able to go knowing there was a random lady outside the door listening to what I was doing ! me cheating!

FYP :D

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Had to go to the toilet for the first time ever in my life during an exam today.

Grammar is your friend here...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Guys, what time is the library full by at this time of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CB95NUI

Where is the PE hall for exams? I assumed it was just the main sports hall but it's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

CB95NUI wrote: »
    Where is the PE hall for exams? I assumed it was just the main sports hall but it's not.

Keep walking past the Small Sports Hall entrance, it is at the end of that corridor.

Advertisement