Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

shuffles88 wrote: »
    Well ringing is definitely a waste of time, so that'd be the right thing to do. Don't you just love the stress Maynooth put you under?:rolleyes:

Don't we all ? :) I really hope that this is just a mistake. Do you know how long does it take for your modules to appear on moodle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

shuffles88 wrote: »
    Log out and log back in again mine is right now!

Cheers for that, just worked now. Tried calling the fees office over the last hour, jesus I say they are swamped today. Also the joys of seeing 3 grand vanish from your bank account :(

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

Oh I think I know why they want me to pay 483. It says that this is a min amount to complete my registration. And when I click on the online payment of fees they want me to pay over 5000 so I guess SUSI did not pay for that yet.

Edit: Just got an email for the fees office saying that I should ignore any amount that appears there and just pay 112 student leavy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Decemberist0

Paid the 112, still says 371 due. Please tell me this is definitely a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

Paid the 112, still says 371 due. Please tell me this is definitely a mistake

Seems like you had the same total amount as angela1711 €483 (inclusive of the €112). It must be mistake. That e-mail said to only pay the €112 anyway so hopefully it will resolve itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭real man

Hi I'm getting "i07pkg The Quota is full or over subscribed" no matter what modules I pick? Any ideas? Will be pretty raging if I can landed with modules I dont want to do now.

The Registration office arent answering phones and havent answered emails for me in the past 48 hours. I also never received the information or guide how to register which should have been emailed out, everyone else seem to receive theirs.

Im not a happy bunny atm

I wont even get onto the roll out of the new email address, I still have mine from 2011 and still dont know when that will change or the process of my new ID card.

Its stressful enough time, but College admin have pretty much gone AWOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tago

If you don't register right away, is there any chance of subjects become full? (Science student here)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

TheBody wrote: »
    Stolen from YLYL

21095130620_7c5e41cfb5_c.jpg

Fixed it for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

tago wrote: »
    If you don't register right away, is there any chance of subjects become full? (Science student here)

In some courses some modules will be full within 60-120 seconds of the choices becoming available. In other courses there is no limit on the number of places in each module. Check with your department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

real man wrote: »
    I wont even get onto the roll out of the new email address, I still have mine from 2011 and still dont know when that will change or the process of my new ID card.
    That information was sent out numerous months ago to everyone. It's also plainly visible if you go near the old webmail portal. There's an automatic redirect with very clear instructions on what you're supposed to do. Everyone changed automatically onto the new email. Your password is the same as it always was. The only difference is when you're signing into the new webmail portal, you use YOURSTUDENTNUMBER@mumail.ie instead of @nuim.ie, as it says on there.

As to the other queries, there's no point ringing them. They're a small office who are having to deal with thousands of incoming students. This is the wrong time of year to be expecting anything. You could always just walk on into the Records office tomorrow and speak to them face to face.

As for a module being oversubscribed, that's nothing to do with Records, and everything to do with how many people your department is letting into the module.

EDIT: Actually it strikes me that you may never have gotten the registration information for one of two reasons: 1) did you just get your exam results the other day? That might explain it. 2) Maybe it's in your email account and you didn't read it or log on in the last while. See above.

Seriously, just walk into the office and ask. Expecting quick responses by email or phone at this time of year is daft. As is asking on an internet forum where hardly anyone goes anymore.

/badmood

mickstupp wrote: »
    That information was sent out numerous months ago to everyone. It's also plainly visible if you go near the old webmail portal. There's an automatic redirect with very clear instructions on what you're supposed to do. Everyone changed automatically onto the new email. Your password is the same as it always was. The only difference is when you're signing into the new webmail portal, you use instead of @nuim.ie, as it says on there.

As to the other queries, there's no point ringing them. They're a small office who are having to deal with thousands of incoming students. This is the wrong time of year to be expecting anything. You could always just walk on into the Records office tomorrow and speak to them face to face.

As for a module being oversubscribed, that's nothing to do with Records, and everything to do with how many people your department is letting into the module.

EDIT: Actually it strikes me that you may never have gotten the registration information for one of two reasons: 1) did you just get your exam results the other day? That might explain it. 2) Maybe it's in your email account and you didn't read it or log on in the last while. See above.

Seriously, just walk into the office and ask. Expecting quick responses by email or phone at this time of year is daft. As is asking on an internet forum where hardly anyone goes anymore.

/badmood

Do you work in the office by any chance? If so dont take it out on me. I dont live locally so unfortunately I cant just walk in.

As for the email stuff , since I'm returning from deferring a year I wasnt registered. I couldnt and wasnt able to get a new email address on the new mumail platform. Ive tried the stuff you have said but it hasnt worked. They said I wouldnt get the new email until I registered. I registered today and still it wont work.

Your probably right in that I've missed emails on registration and other stuff because I still do not have this new email address. It wasnt an automatic switchover and any of the offices I talked to over the summer dont have a clue what to do to fix it.

I dont care either if they're a small office, the College get enough money from all angles including students, maybe they might bother to higher extra staff at this time.

Do you work in the office by any chance? If so dont take it out on me. I dont live locally so unfortunately I cant just walk in.
    Nope, but I've been around the university long enough to know the quickest and best answer isn't on a forum.

Nope, but I've been around the university long enough to know the quickest and best answer isn't on a forum.

Indeed. But when the office wont answer phones or emails, there are little other options. Its funny in all your time in University you didnt learn manners, more of a life skill that one.

Yeah, sorry about that. Had to ditch the manners to make room for common sense.

Yeah, sorry about that. Had to ditch the manners to make room for common sense.

What a shame your brain isnt capable of both at the one time. Anyway enough, if you arent going to be of help I really dont want to hear insults just because you had a crappy day.

Well on the subject of insults, I think you're one up on me at the moment.
    Its funny in all your time in University you didnt learn manners, more of a life skill that one.
    What a shame your brain isnt capable of both at the one time.
    I like that second one though. You're right, I was never good at multitasking.

Well on the subject of insults, I think you're one up on me at the moment.

You got a few sly ones in

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Mod: No need for insults to be thrown around. The points have been made so let's end that conversation here.

XxMCRxBabyxX

• Advertisement

Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

the newbie is on a rampage,, settle down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

****'s getting wild up in here yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

First class honour in my MA.

Adios Maynooth :D

First class honour in my MA.

Adios Maynooth :D
    That's brilliant, congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Currently in Lithuania, a guy in my hostel has walked from Italy! Took him 4 months, some people are crazy :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Dickie10

anone know roughly how long it takes maynooth dublin bus to get from maynooth town centre to city centre ? how quickly do they go?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Dickie10 wrote: »
    anone know roughly how long it takes maynooth dublin bus to get from maynooth town centre to city centre ? how quickly do they go?

40 minutes to an hour depending on traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You'd be better off getting the train to Tara St.

Advertisement