Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

This may have been covered already but where has O'Briens gone?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Guys, out of curiosity, out of those that post on here who is actually still a student in Maynooth?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

*puts hand up*

Also, would it kill the SU to have something (even a Google Doc would do!) detailing all of the policies of each candidate for each position?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

In my final year, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

There was nothing worse than being badgered by campaigners during election time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

@XxMCRxBabyxX - me!

Although now I wear shoes and slacks so they think I'm staff... that way I don't get bothered by election people. Or other students. Because I'm real social that way.

Does anyone else feel a little bit frustrated when a SU election candidate doesn't actually have a manifesto on their Facebook page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

5 books on loan from the library, two are overdue since yesterday and the other three will be tomorrow. In my eternal wisdom I forgot about Good Friday and figured I'd go in tomorrow to pay the fines and renew the other three. Now I can't return the first two and since they're overdue I can't renew the other three online.

Sometimes my idiocy astounds me.

I really do love the library though, I can't imagine what it must have been like before it was extended.

Swan Curry wrote: »
    I really do love the library though, I can't imagine what it must have been like before it was extended.

In a word, cramped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

5 books on loan from the library, two are overdue since yesterday and the other three will be tomorrow. In my eternal wisdom I forgot about Good Friday and figured I'd go in tomorrow to pay the fines and renew the other three. Now I can't return the first two and since they're overdue I can't renew the other three online.

Sometimes my idiocy astounds me.

You can pay the fines and renew the books online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

thelad95 wrote: »
    You can pay the fines and renew the books online.

Do you know what site this can be done on? I looked on the mycard and the library sites but I didn't see anything about being able to pay the fines

Do you know what site this can be done on? I looked on the mycard and the library sites but I didn't see anything about being able to pay the fines

Top up your mycard using bank card, go to your library account and there's a place you can pay fines it's quite awkward to find I won't lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Chicharito11

Lads what's the best barber in Maynooth?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im sure this is asked every year, maybe even a few times each year but can I apply for jobseekers allowance immediately after my final exam?
    And from whom would I get the letter from to say that I am finished my degree?

It really disturbs me to think you're finishing your degree (if I've read that right). Because I remember you popping up asking a question here (I think) before you even began your degree! You're making me feel old. And wondering why are you not doing an MA??? Or becoming Dr. Deise_Girl!??

If I remember correctly you can't get SW until after summer. The records office won't give you a letter confirming that you're finished until after results and confirmation that you've passed and will be graduating anyway.

mickstupp wrote: »
    It really disturbs me to think you're finishing your degree (if I've read that right). Because I remember you popping up asking a question here (I think) before you even began your degree! You're making me feel old. And wondering why are you not doing an MA??? Or becoming Dr. Deise_Girl!??
    Haha yeah I think I bombarded the place with questions whilst I was in sixth year! Only a three year undergrad and omg how they fly :(
    No MA this September, hopefully the one after or failing that the following year!

If I remember correctly you can't get SW until after summer. The records office won't give you a letter confirming that you're finished until after results and confirmation that you've passed and will be graduating anyway.

Yeah I'm getting mixed results in googling this, some are telling me it's possible immediately after your last exam whereas others are saying you've to wait until after graduation :eek:
    Is that Maynooth specific or is that your understanding of how it works everywhere?

deise_girl wrote: »
    Yeah I'm getting mixed results in googling this, some are telling me it's possible immediately after your last exam whereas others are saying you've to wait until after graduation :eek:
    Is that Maynooth specific or is that your understanding of how it works everywhere?

Yea. I did some googling too and am now just as confused!

The letter thing is based on my experience of trying to get a similar one confirming that I would be getting my degree so that I could sit the FE1 exams. I decided to resit some exams to get my 2.1 and the records office wouldn't write me any letter until I had the results of those. They could be different for SW though but that's my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

This was my understanding of the system too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

As far as I'm aware you have to wait until September to claim SW, some places would issue you a letter after final results are out but Maynooth don't unless you drop out.

The girls working in Records are very nice, and this time of year is not busy for them. It's well worth going in to see them tomorrow and asking what the full story is.

Thanks guys definitely seems to be a can of worms then!
    Yeah I think my best bet is just to go the direct route and head over and ask them how it works, I'm sure they deal with queries on it the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

In a word, cramped.

So nothing has changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Dickie10

does anyone if the university library stock any secondary school books? i am getting a day or two of teaching observation in my local school and the principle said if he was stuck he would give me class to give me a feel for it, i wouldnt mind seeing a book of soem description before i go into the school, i have a feeling that with it coming near to the end of the year, a teacher will be more than happy to head off early and leave a class to me if they get the chance some day

Dickie10 wrote: »
    does anyone if the university library stock any secondary school books? i am getting a day or two of teaching observation in my local school and the principle said if he was stuck he would give me class to give me a feel for it, i wouldnt mind seeing a book of soem description before i go into the school, i have a feeling that with it coming near to the end of the year, a teacher will be more than happy to head off early and leave a class to me if they get the chance some day

I don't know, I'd imagine not to be honest, but you can pick up most secondary school books for a couple of quid on adverts failing that

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Article in this weeks liffey champion about a new bus service nass - nuim - blanchIT - connolly hospital (i think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭manyoung

Might be the wrong place to post, but has anyone heard anything about maynooth student accomodation (the building in the Kairos campus), as in is it a decent place etc. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

deise_girl wrote: »
    Im sure this is asked every year, maybe even a few times each year but can I apply for jobseekers allowance immediately after my final exam?
    And from whom would I get the letter from to say that I am finished my degree?

not trying to be crass here , but would you not try applying for jobs instead of looking for SW straight away, a bit of optimism and hard work goes a long way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Dickie10

if a book is uncatalogued but in the library where can i find it?

Advertisement