Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

No 9am lectures in Semester 1, only one in Semester 2

2vA1a.png?1313349760

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Paczini wrote: »
    Not really. I am in Second Year but living away from home for the first time.

Yeah but loads of people are living away from home for the first time too. It'll make it even easier that you've got a year under your belt rather than coming down for the first time and not knowing a soul.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Does anyone know when we'll be able to change modules on the web services? I'm starting to rethink one if my module choices...

Any old history students do the Yugoslavia module by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

1 week into my work placement and already wishing I was back in college. Don't think I can wait a whole year :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Does anyone know when we'll be able to change modules on the web services? I'm starting to rethink one if my module choices...

Any old history students do the Yugoslavia module by any chance?
    I didn't, but studied history of Yugoslavia/the ethnic conflict there in another module. It's SO interesting, seriously.

Met one of my friend's new housemates today, and it turned out we all knew people that the others knew (and they're all in their first year here). Ireland is such a small country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

-Turn on Cajun Pawn Stars on the History Channel
    -Close eyes.
    -Instant King of the Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Didn't get my student card 'cause my grant hasn't been fully approved yet. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

To the person who shouted "I know you from the internet!" from the middle of her tour group in the arts block... well played

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I am a God. And a very happy bunny.

7976892330_3bbe81f2fb.jpg

Does that mean I won't be able to sneakily use the PACRs to print stuff when my student card runs out? >.> ;___;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brianclown

banquo wrote: »

What is this machine? does it top up your student card? can you still use the pre pay printer card machines in the library? very confused! also do you know what the pass mark is for an arts subject out of 1000? eg can you pass with 390/1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Are we going to get an email or something telling us about all the stuff with the new student card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

brianclown wrote: »
    banquo wrote: »

What is this machine? does it top up your student card? can you still use the pre pay printer card machines in the library? very confused! also do you know what the pass mark is for an arts subject out of 1000? eg can you pass with 390/1000

I'm pretty sure the pass rate is 400

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ughh...I need to change a module due to a timetable clash, can it be done before the semester starts without going into the registration office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Novella wrote: »
    Didn't get my student card 'cause my grant hasn't been fully approved yet. :(

I'm fairly sure I got mine with just proof that I'd applied, because I definitely didn't get approval until mid october-ish in my first year. I wonder if they've changed the rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Guys did anyone any mail from nuim about registration or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

jubella wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure I got mine with just proof that I'd applied, because I definitely didn't get approval until mid october-ish in my first year. I wonder if they've changed the rules?

Must have. I had proof I applied and also a letter saying that it has been approved pending documentation which I then sent, but nope, no card.

Aw DMAX has the most awesome crap shows ever :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I wonder, when you're a mod, is it possible to ban someone just cause you don't like them?
    Or do you lose your mod-like powers for doing stuff like that?

How so Joe wrote: »
    I wonder, when you're a mod, is it possible to ban someone just cause you don't like them?
    Or do you lose your mod-like powers for doing stuff like that?
    We can't ban people unless there's a good reason to. Sadly not liking someone doesn't count as a good reason :p

• Advertisement

Seren_ wrote: »
    We can't ban people unless there's a good reason to. Sadly not liking someone doesn't count as a good reason :p
    Well that's dull. All my ambitions of being a mod have disappeared now.
    Can't wield the ban hammer arbitrarily, what's even the point? Bah.

In other news, I had a dream last night that I had a dream I was in France.
    And that someone broke my glasses!
    Thankfully, I was both at home, and the owner of perfectly intact glasses when I woke up.

Travelled all the way from Letterkenny to Carlow and back yesterday. Clocked up near 800 km. Beast mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Mark of the Ninja is an excellent game.

Can anyone confirm if clubs and socs day is on the 26th of september?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

It is indeed. Bring those 2 euro coins!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Felt great getting my Student Card. Signed up to A.I.B just for a free Travel Card.

NEVER GOING TO USE THE BA MUAHAHAHAHAHA :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

marko93 wrote: »
    Felt great getting my Student Card. Signed up to A.I.B just for a free Travel Card.

NEVER GOING TO USE THE BA MUAHAHAHAHAHA :cool:

yay

Now, is that never going to use the Bank Account, or never going to use the Bachelor of Arts?
    Either is believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

How so Joe wrote: »
    Now, is that never going to use the Bank Account, or never going to use the Bachelor of Arts?
    Either is believable.

The Bank Account :3 I'm such a trickster! I do science, so I can't get an Arts Degree

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »
    The Bank Account :3 I'm such a trickster! I do science, so I can't get an Arts Degree

No ones perfect I guess...

Advertisement