Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

mickstupp wrote: »
    What is: "the POD area in the Arts block on North Campus"?

I had a game called POD for the C64... /old
    The computers behind the squishy couches. They used to be in a circle, on the blue circle on the ground, so it was called the Pod, because, uh, it looks like a space pod?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

They've changed the locks on the lockers to weird american high school esque type combo locks....I can see myself being locked out of my locker alot this year after forgetting/accidently changing the code :P

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

The padlocks are combo padlocks? Those were notorious at my school for being easy to open without knowing the combo. Good for those of us with terrible memories, bad for those of us who want to not get robbed :pac: .

The padlocks are combo padlocks? Those were notorious at my school for being easy to open without knowing the combo. .

Now that you mention it they were notorious in mine too, though I suppose you could just replace it with your own proper lock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fogman

I've been in Maynooth for a week, and already the never ending battle between going to the gym or just going on the beer has begun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Speaking of the gym, does anybody know when the timetable for when the clubs/socs are in the sports hall comes out?

Possibly after clubs and socs day....?

Theres table tennis things outside the common room now!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

^ Yeah saw them yesterday. They're a nice idea in theory and work perfectly well in climates such as Spain and the south of France but I don't think our prevailing south westerly winds or any other winds for that matter will favour a table tennis ball too well...

edit: not even mentioning our rainfall statistics.

K4t wrote: »
    ^ Yeah saw them yesterday. They're a nice idea in theory and work perfectly well in climates such as Spain and the south of France but I don't think our prevailing south westerly winds or any other winds for that matter will favour a table tennis ball too well...

edit: not even mentioning our rainfall statistics.

Thats what I thought too , Maynooth afterall at the best of times feels like the windyist place in Ireland!!

I'm sure the table tennis club will get a bit of use out of them though during our 4 days of summer a year :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

So.. everyone all psyched for starting back tomorrow?
    Envious of you all.. considering I'm not back in the country till this day week.. =L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I think that whoever is running for SU President next year should put a 24 hour computer room down on their manifesto instead of the usual "swimming pool on the North campus" bullshít.

I'm over in Bangor University in Wales at the moment and there are four 24 hour rooms here, totalling 139 computers. I'm pretty sure that's more computers than is on offer in the whole of Maynooth.

Only here two weeks but they have been a brilliant help so far. The internet in my house is garbage so it's handy to have a place that I know will always be open and always have reliable internet, and some top class equipment as well. The facilities over here are way ahead of the muck in the PACR room.

The only thing that frustrates me is the printing system. Maynooth's way is so much easier and less time consuming. Over here you could be waiting 5/10 minutes for it to come out. That's just nit-picking though.

Moodle is looking snazzy, I don't like change though :pac:

I think that whoever is running for SU President next year should put a 24 hour computer room down on their manifesto instead of the usual "swimming pool on the North campus" bullshít.

I'm over in Bangor University in Wales at the moment and there are four 24 hour rooms here, totalling 139 computers. I'm pretty sure that's more computers than is on offer in the whole of Maynooth.

Only here two weeks but they have been a brilliant help so far. The internet in my house is garbage so it's handy to have a place that I know will always be open and always have reliable internet, and some top class equipment as well. The facilities over here are way ahead of the muck in the PACR room.

The only thing that frustrates me is the printing system. Maynooth's way is so much easier and less time consuming. Over here you could be waiting 5/10 minutes for it to come out. That's just nit-picking though.

I think a 24 hour study room where everyone could acess it with your student card at the least should be done instead of kicking everyone out of the reading room at 11 !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm pretty nervous about this week 'cause I actually know nobody in Maynooth so I'm worried about what to do in the gaps between my lectures! :o

Novella wrote: »
    I'm pretty nervous about this week 'cause I actually know nobody in Maynooth so I'm worried about what to do in the gaps between my lectures! :o

Its easy enough to meet people so I'd say you'll be fine and if all else fails sure you can study/read over your lectures :P !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Its easy enough to meet people so I'd say you'll be fine and if all else fails sure you can study/read over your lectures :P !

I know it will be fine, it's just one of those things that ya worry aimlessly about in the beginning! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Novella wrote: »

You will be fine!!! Chat to people in your lectures tomorrow and see if anyone wants to go for tea!!

I think a 24 hour study room where everyone could acess it with your student card at the least should be done instead of kicking everyone out of the reading room at 11 !

AKA, free accommodation!
    Grab a sleeping bag and you're a squattin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I heard there's going to be one in the new library?

I'm so sad I'm not starting back tomorrow :( even though I will be on campus for a meeting, but still :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Seren_ wrote: »
    I heard there's going to be one in the new library?

I'm so sad I'm not starting back tomorrow :( even though I will be on campus for a meeting, but still :p

There will be a 24 hour computer and study area in the new library.

Say "Thank you Rob." :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Who else is going tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

kellief wrote: »
    Who else is going tonight?

whats on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

So.. everyone all psyched for starting back tomorrow?
    Envious of you all.. considering I'm not back in the country till this day week.. =L

Also pretty jealous, but in post-surgery pain as opposed to somewhere nice :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Why is Trent so awesome? *swoons*

If you don't know what I'm on about read this and then this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Seren_ wrote: »
    Why is Trent so awesome? *swoons*

He's fast become my hero. Oh Trent! What will you get up to next? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

So. . . is the the bridge to the south campus open yet? If not then say bye bye to my callan hall lectures :)

DylanII wrote: »
    So. . . is the the bridge to the south campus open yet? If not then say bye bye to my callan hall lectures :)

Yup, it is.

DB21 wrote: »
    Yup, it is.

They keep closing it off though at non peak times :mad:

They keep closing it off though at non peak times :mad:

Really? That's stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

FAO Nerd/Techies: when do Computer Science labs start back? apparently not this week anyhoo.

Advertisement