Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Everybody should take themselves here right now for an instant happiness boost brought on by cute explosion :D

Awww! No.6 is exactly my dog's reaction when I come home haha! Speaking of which, I'll be home soon and haven't seen her all week! She'l go insane when I get back. :D I actually can't wait to see her now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Everybody should take themselves here right now for an instant happiness boost brought on by cute explosion :D
    the anteater, the racoon and the otter...made my day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

English is ridiculously hard.. I thought i'd be good at it seeing as I got an A1 in the Leaving and nearly 100% overall, but i'm seriously struggling with it..

I just did assignment 4 today, the one summarising Romanticism and honestly, I completely made up everything I wrote off the top of my head. I truly could not accurately tell you what that book is about! I got B's for the first 2 assignments and I was disappointed 'cause I've always thought of English as 'my thing', but college really is a step up.

You can only do your best, and as you said, hopefully next year it'll just be Psychology you have to worry about. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Novella wrote: »
    I just did assignment 4 today, the one summarising Romanticism and honestly, I completely made up everything I wrote off the top of my head. I truly could not accurately tell you what that book is about! I got B's for the first 2 assignments and I was disappointed 'cause I've always thought of English as 'my thing', but college really is a step up.

You can only do your best, and as you said, hopefully next year it'll just be Psychology you have to worry about. :)

What do we have to read do you mind me asking to do the assignment? I missed my Seminar this week.. Also what seminar group are you in? :)

What do we have to read do you mind me asking to do the assignment? I missed my Seminar this week.. Also what seminar group are you in? :)

We have to read Romanticism, by Aidan Day. It's a whole book, not just an extract. You can access it on the library website, there are instructions on moodle. If you're off-campus, you gotta log-in to the library website with your student number. :)

I'm in d, what about you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

We have to read Romanticism, by Aidan Day. It's a whole book, not just an extract. You can access it on the library website, there are instructions on moodle. If you're off-campus, you gotta log-in to the library website with your student number. :)

I'm in d too :p

Haven't even gotten around to doing that assignment yet, gonna try get a good start on it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Thank you! :) I hope I do well on my first essay, even though, at the minute I haven't the slightest notion how to even start it.. It's shocking confusing :(

Don't hesitate to give me a pm if you need a hand at all.
    Same to anyone else doing English or Geography here that might need it.
    May as well use the boardsies here!! Loads of us would be more than willing to help you out if we can!

This has cheered me up greatly!! Number 25 has been my background photo on my phone for a while now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Moodle knows exactly how to destroy anyone's weekend! Next weeks maths assignment has been up since early yesterday. I only get the damn thing finished when the next one is up! :mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

kellief wrote: »
    May as well use the boardsies here!! Loads of us would be more than willing to help you out if we can!
    There is always someone willing to help on boards with every subject. This is one of the reasons why I spend so much time on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Moodle knows exactly how to destroy anyone's weekend! Next weeks maths assignment has been up since early yesterday. I only get the damn thing finished when the next one is up! :mad::pac:

I have three assignments due next week. Two on the Thursday which means I prob won't be able to make the Halloween Ball. *sobs uncontrollably*

Kids, drop out of college before final year. It's not worth it.

omg.. A whole book? FFS. How many pages like? :(.. I'm in Q btw! Don't suppose you wanna give me your finished assignment :o I so do not want to read an entire book to do a project.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Boeing777 wrote: »

You're going to love third year, because on alternate weeks you get two at once *laughs madly*

Oooops, sorry, my sanity slipped a bit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I was told a handy way to get through large volumes of reading. Works for me anyway, worth a try...

1. Read the contents, and all the headings in every chapter.
    2. Read the introduction and conclusion to every chapter.
    3. Read the first sentence of every paragraph.

That should give you the gist of a whole book in a couple of hours, tell you exactly which bits are relevant/interesting, without you having to spend years reading the thing. It should be fairly obvious which bits are relevant to your course when you skim through it like that.

Same applies to journal articles. First sentence of every paragraph. No sense reading through 30 pages when only 4 might be relevant to you.

I'm sure there's better ways to get through it, maybe someone else here will have a better idea.

I have just realised that I'm the 7th best poster in this thread. That looks like a challenge to me!

EDIT: Turns out that I was 6th in General Discussion 1. Now this is even more important! :D

I am such a nerd...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

DB21 wrote: »
    You're going to love third year, because on alternate weeks you get two at once *laughs madly*

Oooops, sorry, my sanity slipped a bit there.

......Who says I'll be doing it in third year? ;):pac:

I can assure you maths will not be on my timetable in third year! I can't wait to drop it. I'd say the people in the MSC can't wait for me to drop it either! :eek: :pac:

I have just realised that I'm the 7th best poster in this thread. That looks like a challenge to me!

EDIT: Turns out that I was 6th in General Discussion 1. Now this is even more important! :D

I am such a nerd...

TOP POSTER!!! \o/

Suck it, world =L

TOP POSTER!!! \o/

Suck it, world =L

Loser :P

*not jealous at all...*

I originally hashtagged that but just couldn't do it

*not jealous at all...*

I originally hashtagged that but just couldn't do it

You should be :p

#IHashtagThingsWheneverIDamnWellPlease =L

You should be :p

#IHashtagThingsWheneverIDamnWellPlease =L

*shudder*

• Advertisement

Paczini wrote: »
    Dear final year law students.....

Any tips on studying for eu/constitutional law?
    And does anyone know if nutshells are good for these modules?

I've just remembered what I used instead of Nutshells: Try the Routledge Law Cards

frantic190 wrote: »
    I'm in d too :p

Haven't even gotten around to doing that assignment yet, gonna try get a good start on it today.

I know who you are, I looked at your twitter! We did that thing together last week where neither of us really knew what was going on! :pac:

How'd you get on with the assignment today?
    omg.. A whole book? FFS. How many pages like? :(.. I'm in Q btw! Don't suppose you wanna give me your finished assignment :o I so do not want to read an entire book to do a project.. :pac:

It's over 200 pages, I think. I honestly didn't read it all. That's probably bad! I doubt very many people are gonna read the whole thing... Maybe I'm wrong :/ I hope I'm not wrong! I'd let you read my assignment if I thought it'd help you but because I didn't actually read the book, I don't think that's a wise move! :pac:

It's over 200 pages, I think. I honestly didn't read it all. That's probably bad! I doubt very many people are gonna read the whole thing... Maybe I'm wrong :/ I hope I'm not wrong! I'd let you read my assignment if I thought it'd help you but because I didn't actually read the book, I don't think that's a wise move! :pac:

I might just google it later and see if there's a summary online, no way i'm reading more than 20 pages of a **** book for one ****ing assignment..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Fourth... Must post on this thread more.

Has anyone noticed how happy DB is lately?

How so Joe wrote: »
    Fourth... Must post on this thread more.

Has anyone noticed how happy DB is lately?

How does one find out the rankings??

DB is happy cos he has ALL THE COFFEE in the world in his veins! :D:D:D

imma leave this here.....

http://youtu.be/mh1iW_dv3b4

kellief wrote: »

How does one find out the rankings??

DB is happy cos he has ALL THE COFFEE in the world in his veins! :D:D:D

Click on the number of posts for this thread when you're looking at the forum page.

Click on the number of posts for this thread when you're looking at the forum page.

Spanx!! :D

(I'm 8th, I need to improve this!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

THIRD *highest rank i've been in anything in a long time :P*

• Advertisement

Let the race begin... :-D

Advertisement