Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I was so naive last week thinking I'd have all of next week to sleep, but, I've actually so much to do! I've a Physics and Maths test when I come back :(
    I've been reassuring myself that I'll be grand for Physics because it's an open book test but what good is that when I don't even have the bloody book! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I've been reassuring myself that I'll be grand for Physics because it's an open book test but what good is that when I don't even have the bloody book! :rolleyes:

Many moons ago when I was but an impressionable First Science student we had an open book test in Physics and, I sh1t you not, some gombeen managed to get 0%, Dr McKeith was flabbergasted.

Don't get used to open book tests, that's probably the only one you'll ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

purebeta wrote: »
    Looks to me that it might have been in front of her office...
    I believe, if it was 'on the way' to her office, then it was unlikely to have been right in front of the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Eww. Where did they do that?

Was literally two steps inside campus at the Dunnes entrance. Thankfully my day improved epically soon after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

hi all there's this module in my course where there's no C.A.

I think its unfair that it gives some people a very good advantage of getting marks over some people.

Although with the C.A as there's there still a good chance that can happen, can I send an email to the lecturer how I feel about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

hi all there's this module in my course where there's no C.A.

I think its unfair that it gives some people a very good advantage of getting marks over some people.

Although with the C.A as there's there still a good chance that can happen, can I send an email to the lecturer how I feel about this.
    You can definitely send a mail letting them know how you feel. But nothing is going to change. The course and the way it's examined has already been decided. I wish I had modules that were just exam based because I think CA gives an unfair advantage to people who can write good essays, or who have been assigned to (rare) good groups. But you can do really well in your exam just by going to your classes, taking lots of notes, and studying hard.

Been looking for Maynards sour patch kids for WEEKS now, cuz youtube keeps advertising them to me.
    Found them in Dunnes, thanks to Barleybooley!
    Waheyyyyyy!

Anyone know if there's a locker available? Anywhere will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

As far as I know the company is gone from campus but there should be someone willing to sell their locker as they don't need it. I'm pretty sure I've seen a notice like that in the Arts block some time ago.

• Advertisement

Paczini wrote: »
    As far as I know the company is gone from campus but there should be someone willing to sell their locker as they don't need it. I'm pretty sure I've seen a notice like that in the Arts block some time ago.

Anyone sees one send me the number :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

You need to go over to the South Campus and get a locker from there, over to Riverstown House. That's where the lockers are sorted out from.
    http://www.nuim.ie/location/maps/NUIM-Map-booklet-v3.pdf Number 15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Anyone know if there's a locker available? Anywhere will do.[/QUOTE

I lost the number of my locker and the combination for it so went over to campus services and they gave me the company's number I can PM it to you if you like ?

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a locker available? Anywhere will do.[/QUOTE

I lost the number of my locker and the combination for it so went over to campus services and they gave me the company's number I can PM it to you if you like ?

That'd be great thanks :)
    I've to lug bike chains and rain gear and stuff in every day along with lab coats and hardbacks so it'd be great if I got a locker to take the weight off :P

I'm so excited right now.
    I'm also terrified I'm going to skull myself before I get my parchment.
    Oh, Graduation, why you so stressful?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

You on today?
    Good luck. And congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Congrats everyone!

My boards looks different when I'm not logged in, it's newer. I want that one. How do I get it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

kellief wrote: »
    My boards looks different when I'm not logged in, it's newer. I want that one. How do I get it?!
    User CP > Edit Options

Very bottom of the page, change the Forum Skin to Boards.ie New Beta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

My favourite video on the internet right now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Thwip! wrote: »
    My favourite video on the internet right now :D

VOTE ZOMNEY!

Daemos wrote: »
    User CP > Edit Options

Very bottom of the page, change the Forum Skin to Boards.ie New Beta

Thank you kindly! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

For those of you who of how might be interested, Minds has managed to twist the arm of of the boarsd.ie developers to come in and give a talk, all the details are on the Facebook Event Page

I'm sure some you know him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So there's study week over. Amount of study done? Zero.

:(

It's almost 3am. I'm wide awake. And I have hiccups. =(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

How so Joe wrote: »
    It's almost 3am. I'm wide awake. And I have hiccups. =(

Well if you want something to help you sleep I can offer you a very exciting jurisprudence assignment...

Well if you want something to help you sleep I can offer you a very exciting jurisprudence assignment...

You know what, I think I'll pass, thanks.
    What's the question? And who do you have for JP? The lecturer I had is off on Fulbright, do you have his replacement?

You know what, I think I'll pass, thanks.
    What's the question? And who do you have for JP? The lecturer I had is off on Fulbright, do you have his replacement?

Yup Flanagan is gone so we have the lovely Dr Banda!

Have to comapre and contrast Hart to Austin and Kelsen. Been working on this since Tuesday and STILL getting nowhere! For once in my life I decide to try work started (and hopefully finished) early and look how well that went...

Yup Flanagan is gone so we have the lovely Dr Banda!

Have to comapre and contrast Hart to Austin and Kelsen. Been working on this since Tuesday and STILL getting nowhere! For once in my life I decide to try work started (and hopefully finished) early and look how well that went...
    Ten past three on a Sunday night/Monday morning? Clearly excellently.
    The only thing I took from Jurisprudence? It all goes back to Nazis. Always the Nazis.

• Advertisement

Ten past three on a Sunday night/Monday morning? Clearly excellently.
    The only thing I took from Jurisprudence? It all goes back to Nazis. Always the Nazis.

Fantastically!

Right, I'll try get them in somehow! :D

Advertisement