Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

How so Joe wrote: »
    You know what, I think I'll pass, thanks.
    What's the question? And who do you have for JP? The lecturer I had is off on Fulbright, do you have his replacement?

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Thwip! wrote: »
    :cool:

YOU DON'T EVEN GO HERE!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Guys. I'm confused. I'm doing my first Developmental Psychology essay and I have my introduction introducing the factors I'm going to discuss and a reference about the family unit (the question). Anyway i've listed the factors i'm going to discuss like this and then am planning to do a separate paragraph for each factor, is this ok? I'll post the paragraph here so you know what i'm talking about! Thanks a million! :)

Factors within the family unit that will be discussed throughout this essay that can determine the emotional and social development of children include:
    · Family income.
    · Parents suffering from Stress and Depression.
    · Violence within a family unit.
    · The child’s interaction with both peers and adults in a school setting but also within the family home.
    · The effects of punishment and discipline within a family unit.

Family-Income
    How the level of family income is a factor in the emotional and social development of children will now be discussed......

DB21 wrote: »
    YOU DON'T EVEN GO HERE!!! :pac:

I dont go anywhere..i'm just ever present

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I've just realised why I've felt annoyed all day long. I went to the doctor's place behind JH this morning and was asked why I wanted to see the doctor. But I was asked, effectively, in public. By someone who was not the doctor.

That's not what I expect from a doctor's office, nor what I've experienced everywhere else I've gone. I don't like it. Maybe it's the norm in other places, towns, but it's not what I'm used to. I feel like it was pretty unprofessional, borderline unethical.

But maybe I'm totally wrong. Is it normal practice to be asked in front of everyone what's wrong with you? I mean in other doctors' offices around the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Not in my experience, - usually its all very covert and hush hush. Bad form.

Same thing annoys me in the bank. Ulsterbank's tellers are about a metre away from the queue, so you there's no point in even lowering your voice. I did once and the stone-faced harridan behind the glass roared at me to speak up:mad: I know you can write it down or ask to see someone in private but I'm sure that looks twice as suspicious:p

Duddy wrote: »
    Same thing annoys me in the bank. Ulsterbank's tellers are about a metre away from the queue, so you there's no point in even lowering your voice.
    Me:"I'd like to withdraw that €2.32 from my account please

Bank Teller: "What's that? €2.32?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What date do our exams start in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    What date do our exams start in January?
    4th January :mad:

Paczini wrote: »
    4th January :mad:

LOLWTF?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

LOLWTF?!?!

That a Friday? That's outrageous!

Usually the 8th, no? Something is afoot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'd say exams will start on the 11th, rather than the 4th. That would mean the library etc would have to open on new year's day for people to study in and that won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Semester One January Examinations:

Friday 4th January 2013 to Saturday 19th January 2013 approximately including Saturdays.

http://examinations.nuim.ie/dates.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

Paczini wrote: »

Mother of God some people are going to get a very harsh time table indeed leading to a dull new years celebration.

In other news don't know if this is apprpriate here but my god I fell in love hard with a girl on the 9:05 sligo train today. Hope I see her around.

In other news don't know if this is apprpriate here but my god I fell in love hard with a girl on the 9:05 sligo train today. Hope I see her around.

Would have been appropriate on lal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Turns out elections are more fun with 12 cans of Guinness.

/dying

Shall bear that in mind at the first year count :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

Would have been appropriate on lal :(

I know :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Does anyone know what the story is with fees and grants if you defer a year?

And how to do it in general?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what the story is with fees and grants if you defer a year?

And how to do it in general?
    Head over to academic advisory and they will help with everything. If you're deferring for medical reasons, you should be able to get the fees waived for next year and possibly still get your full grant too (I got both when I came back after deferring). I don't know what the story is re: fees/grants for a non-medical deferral though, sorry! Hope everything is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Matrices you cruel, cruel mistress.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

A quick thanks from minds to Boards.ie: Danny for coming out to Maynooth and giving such an entertaining talk and look inside how boards.ie works, or often doesn't work.

Thanks again Danny.

If anyone happened to come across/know someone who found a couple of posters in a bag on the ground floor of Logic House beside the Maths tutors' drop boxes, let me know. 5 hours sleep and limited caffeine makes me quite forgetful :pac:

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    A quick thanks from minds to Boards.ie: Danny for coming out to Maynooth and giving such an entertaining talk and look inside how boards.ie works, or often doesn't work.

Thanks again Danny.
    Was sad that I couldn't make this - I'd say it was very interesting.

How is everyone getting on this afternoon?

It's taken me God knows how long, but I finally got round to watching Inception. What a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I have a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

banquo wrote: »
    I have a pain.

in Spain? Mainly on the plains?

It's taken me God knows how long, but I finally got round to watching Inception. What a film.

HELL YES IT IS

• Advertisement

GOT MY POSTERS BACK \o/

Advertisement