Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Aaaaand I've locked myself out again. Without my wallet. Souper.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

banquo wrote: »
    Aaaaand I've locked myself out again. Without my wallet. Souper.

yet you can still get onto boards to tell us all about it.
    Isn't the 21st century great?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

DB21 wrote: »
    GOT MY POSTERS BACK \o/

No thanks to me :P

I just got my karma now anyway as I'd planned on having a quick sneaky nap in the quiet room before my lecture but in has walked the Chaplin and made it totally awkward! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭purebeta

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I just got my karma now anyway as I'd planned on having a quick sneaky nap in the quiet room before my lecture but in has walked the Chaplin and made it totally awkward! :L

Á la the great dictator? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Came back to my desk this afternoon to find that a mystery awesome person left a Fry's Chocolate Cream on it; lovely surprise after a seriously awful week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

purebeta wrote: »
    Á la the great dictator? :P

Please tell me I'm not the only one who got this joke?

if so i just weep for this generation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Thwip! wrote: »

I had the extremely great pleasure of seeing it on the big screen in the IFI a bunch of years ago. They were showing all the feature length films. Brought two workmates who'd never seen any his movies, would normally never watch a black and white movie even. Happily they are now full converts.

One of my favourite bits (of any movie): "Herring und Herr Garbitsch, ah... Herring shouldn't smelten fine from Garbitsch. Und Garbitsch shouldn't smelten fine from Herring. Herring und Garbitsch."

Hah! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMV4oGzxu7g

I've just realised I'm probably not your generation. You should just go weep...

Alas it went completely over my head:confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

If anybody has ever done PS104, the Statistics module for Psychology, could they maybe PM me or just let me know? I have an assignment due on Thursday and I'm not 100% sure that I've got one of the questions right! I would REALLY appreciate any help. :)

Alas it went completely over my head:confused: :pac:

tumblr_m5sue1kmLg1r6r7t1.gif

• Advertisement

"'Skyfall' shows striking similarities to 'Home Alone'". Discuss.

"'Skyfall' shows striking similarities to 'Home Alone'". Discuss.

haha i thought that too....TDKR mixed with Home Alone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Splash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Mother of God some people are going to get a very harsh time table indeed leading to a dull new years celebration.

In other news don't know if this is apprpriate here but my god I fell in love hard with a girl on the 9:05 sligo train today. Hope I see her around.

I met my wife on that train. Ten years ago last month. Keep hoping dude you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Finally got my student card today, I'm pretty much fed up waiting for the grant. :mad:

Whoever thought 9am lectures on a Friday morning were a good idea was mean. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Novella wrote: »
    Whoever thought 9am lectures on a Friday morning were a good idea was mean. :(

Know that feeling. When I did second year the first time, I'd have Evolution at 9 on a Friday after having been teaching on Thursday.

I used to have 2 lectures on a Wednesday, 9 and 5. That was a bull**** day.
    I think if 9's a bad hour, so's everything after 3.
    Or maybe I just need a break.

This song is on the best film ever made (which just so happens to be a personal favourite): 'You've Got Mail'. I implore all of you to watch it at your earliest convenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

So what is there to actually do in Maynooth during the weekend? I'm sick of driving home at the weekends and wasting precious money on petrol so I reckon I'll be staying up here most weekends.

On another note, what's with all the junkies lately? They're all over the town shouting at passer-bys. It's seriously irritating.

This song is on the best film ever made (which just so happens to be a personal favourite): 'You've Got Mail'. I implore all of you to watch it at your earliest convenience.

It's also in Beyond The Sea which is a vastly superior movie

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

Can't believe exams are starting so early! How long do they normally last for, is it two weeks generally or three?

Rafcam wrote: »
    Can't believe exams are starting so early! How long do they normally last for, is it two weeks generally or three?
    They normally start the first Friday after New Year's... far as I know. I've always been done within two weeks, should be all or mostly done by the 19th. I think they allow for everyone to have at least a week off before starting back to class, which this year is the 28th January.

Don't worry too much though. You can take days off around crimbo and New Years and still manage to give each module at least three days study if you're lucky with the timetable. That's generally more than enough to get a pretty great mark if you use the time well between the end of this semester and the exams. Doing past papers off the library site will tell you very quickly all the stuff you don't know. And they're good practice for timing yourself. It's always surprised me how fast exams go when you're in there writing, so be prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

How are ya all?

Trying to write an essay. Seem to be spending more time on Facebook and boards. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Found out good ole PopePalpatine has a secondary use for TipEx. Just another day in Maths.

JayEnnis wrote: »
    So what is there to actually do in Maynooth during the weekend? I'm sick of driving home at the weekends and wasting precious money on petrol so I reckon I'll be staying up here most weekends.

On another note, what's with all the junkies lately? They're all over the town shouting at passer-bys. It's seriously irritating.

Same as there is during the week , just its **** boring without friends :P

Theres always the cinema in liffey valley or ice skating in Castleknock or loads in town though you need people for that too ! :S

Walk to tesco have a wander round , buy loads of ****ty food , walk back and get a movie (theyre free if you join the public library on main street) that should kill a few hours ! :cool:

and the junkies have always been there , every so often they like to come out of the woodwork when they get bored of the harbour and old green feild :P

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

and the junkies have always been there , every so often they like to come out of the woodwork when they get bored of the harbour and old green field :P

I was accosted by one on the way home, I seem to attach them like some sort of magnet for heroin addicts.

"Hey bud can you help me?", "I'm sorry I don't have any money on me but if its anything else I might be of some help", "**** sake" and he walked off into the darkness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

marko93 wrote: »
    Found out good ole PopePalpatine has a secondary use for TipEx. Just another day in Maths.

....I'm intrigued.

Advertisement