Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

DB21 wrote: »
    ....I'm intrigued.

Ciaran (the lecturer) mentioned the dangers of using TippEx in exams. I pointed out, in the worst way possible, its use as a way to get stoned. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Same as there is during the week , just its **** boring without friends :P

Theres always the cinema in liffey valley or ice skating in Castleknock or loads in town though you need people for that too ! :S

Walk to tesco have a wander round , buy loads of ****ty food , walk back and get a movie (theyre free if you join the public library on main street) that should kill a few hours ! :cool:

and the junkies have always been there , every so often they like to come out of the woodwork when they get bored of the harbour and old green feild :P

I didn't see half as much of them last year, I seen them abusing people walking by two days in a row. Does anybody stay up at the weekends? I have to due to work but none of my house mate's do unfortunately. I really should have joined some society's this year. Renting movies is so 2005 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

JayEnnis wrote: »
    I didn't see half as much of them last year, I seen them abusing people walking by two days in a row. Does anybody stay up at the weekends? I have to due to work but none of my house mate's do unfortunately. I really should have joined some society's this year. Renting movies is so 2005 ;)

Hey Jason ! :P :pac:

Some people do stay up , but there few and far between in my experience.
    You could go to Carton or the forest in Donadea and take pictures with your snazzy cameras :P ?

Other than that Maynooth's pretty boring ! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I spend more time on the phone to the SUSI help-desk than I do in lectures these days. >_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Thwip! wrote: »
    There's an article on Rozabeez in several of today's papers for anyone that's interested

Really doesn't feel like it's been nearly a year and a half. So, so tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

I still get a jolt when her name appears in my Facebook feed, doesn't feel real. Got a shock today when I saw her face in the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

What a tragic situation, it must have been really hard for all you guys that knew her too! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Anyone around the Library right now with a red pen? D: LIKE RIGHT NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Anyone know anything about these guys opening a store in Maynooth soon?

http://www.ht-comics.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lauras91

Is parking as normal on campus today, with the open day being on? Especially on South Campus??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Listening to this all day. Stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm obsessed with Pointless. What a show. Actually so thick that only UK residents can apply to be on it; I want to meet Alexander and Richard >.<

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Seren_ wrote: »
    I'm obsessed with Pointless. What a show. Actually so thick that only UK residents can apply to be on it; I want to meet Alexander and Richard >.<

What constitutes being a resident...? Find someone who lives in the UK and pretend that you live with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭purebeta

What constitutes being a resident...? Find someone who lives in the UK and pretend that you live with them!

HA! If it were that easy, I'm sure half of the developing world would be trying that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

purebeta wrote: »
    HA! If it were that easy, I'm sure half of the developing world would be trying that.

In fairness, I'm only talking in terms of entering a tv gameshow!

Though many already try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 anothernewbie

Would love to see my exam timetable, hoping it will be out the first week in December!
    Think it was out around then last year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Goddamnit. I just sent someone a message with about a thousand words in it that I typed in about 20 minutes flat. And it takes me TWO FECKIN WEEKS to do a 2500 word essay???

mickstupp wrote: »
    Goddamnit. I just sent someone a message with about a thousand words in it that I typed in about 20 minutes flat. And it takes me TWO FECKIN WEEKS to do a 2500 word essay???

This is why I'm glad that I do Science...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

This is why I'm glad that I do Science...

Oh just you wait until 3rd year biology if you carry it on till then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Oh just you wait until 3rd year biology if you carry it on till then :pac:

*Gulp*...... What's that suppose to mean? :(

Boeing777 wrote: »
    *Gulp*...... What's that suppose to mean? :(

Dissertation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Dissertation.

Oh... I don't think that will apply to me. I'm doing Science Ed so I'm pretty sure I wont have to do one of them. I could be wrong though... :(

Dissertation.

Scheisse. I'm doing Computer Science, I can't imagine how hard that would be!

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Oh... I don't think that will apply to me. I'm doing Science Ed so I'm pretty sure I wont have to do one of them. I could be wrong though... :(

Ah you're grand then. Jammy bastard :pac:
    Scheisse. I'm doing Computer Science, I can't imagine how hard that would be!

Same to you (assuming you're CSSE). If you are, you'll have work placement in Semester 2 of third year.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Same to you (assuming you're CSSE). If you are, you'll have work placement in Semester 2 of third year.

Work placement is a pretty cushy alternative, I got a first for going to work everyday and writing a little report about going to work everyday.

I also got paid and a generous benefits package including medical, dental and contributions towards my secret drinking problem "pension".

Or you could write a boring dissertation.

• Advertisement

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Or you could write a boring dissertation.

I'll have you know my dissertation is fascinating, thank you very much :P

Advertisement