Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Anyone who is doing/has done English here? Is there anyway you could read over my essay? Really think it's going to be a fail. I haven't a clue atm and just feel so shít over it :(

PictureFrame, there is a peer tutoring centre in the Iontas building specifically for English students, which you've probably been told about in your lectures/seminars. If you bring your essay along tomorrow morning, someone will be there to go through it with you. It's a really helpful resource and you can get some advice on where you're going wrong, along with the positive things you're doing in your essay.
    If your essay isn't due until tomorrow evening, you'll have time to make some changes before then and hopefully pull up your grade.
    We're all very friendly and more than happy to help so feel free to pop in:)
    Tomorrow's hours are 10-12 and 2-4. Tuesday - 11-3. Wednesday - 11 - 3. I cannot think of Thursday's hours off the top of my head, but there will be someone there then, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

You'd need some type of memory key then I'm guessing to print In there?

I just email what I need printed to myself before I head in there. There's only 3 computers so there's always a queue and people get grumpy if you take too long or start trying to type stuff up in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

mickstupp wrote: »
    Any idea where exactly?

Just found out

http://www.ht-comics.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Lots of essays due and readings to be done. Exams over a month away too...

I'll start tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

PopePal needs to stop surfing boards during lectures. Eyes are watching you my little friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

*shivers* It's bloody cold in the Common Room

Also, I need to stop grinning like a lunatic in public places. Got some strange looks at Drumcondra station this morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

DB21 wrote: »

Also, I need to stop grinning like a lunatic in public places. Got some strange looks at Drumcondra station this morning :pac:

You're not alone ! I do it especially when I'm on my phone/laptop its pretty embarassing when you realize right ?! :pac::p

Getting evacuated from the Library when an assignment is due in 2 hours wasn't fun.

Getting evacuated from the Library when an assignment is due in 2 hours wasn't fun.

Fire drill?

DB21 wrote: »
    Fire drill?

Didn't look like it, security staff and others went in to investigate which I doubt would happen in a fire drill?
    It was a brutal plan if it was a fire drill, 11:00 on a Friday when people have to hand stuff in is a bit shortsighted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Jesus it's cold!

Put up our christmas tree today :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

B- in my first Sociology essay.. I'll take that. 28% of my module got. Happy.

Anyone know if you can compensate over separate subjects for non-compulsory modules? Like from Sociology to English?

No, you can only compensate within subjects. Well done on the result!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Seren_ wrote: »
    No, you can only compensate within subjects. Well done on the result!!

****ters. English is gonna be a fail then! :P.. Thanks though :)

You will be okay, don't worry!! Just answer the question as well as you can, and remember to refer to one or two secondary readings (one prob fine for first year tbh). Have a chat with the lecturers this week if you get a chance and ask if there's anything they recommend you look at for the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Anybody do Philosophy? I absolutely hate it and have no idea where to even start when it comes to studying for the exam. :(

Any tips or motivation to get me studying? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

marko93 wrote: »
    I could use some as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

marko93 wrote: »
    Paczini wrote: »
    I could use some as well..

Resits cost 60 quid a pop and are like a sword of Damocles hanging over your summer - how about that?

Planemo wrote: »
    Resits cost 60 quid a pop and are like a sword of Damocles hanging over your summer - how about that?

Considering myself motivated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Guys, I hope everyone's break is good. Good luck with exam study but don't forget to take some time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

We've made it through Semester 1! :D

Does anyone know when do Fees and Grants office closes for Christmas?

I'd imagine that fees and grants is probably open all next week, but don't know for certain.

My stupid county council awarded me grant yesterday and they need stamped form back by 2nd January so I really need to go back to fees and grants office before it closes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I say it will be open all next week. On moodle it says
    In line with services across the University, the moodlesupport@nuim.ie service ONLY will close on 21st December 2012, re-opening on 3rd January 2013.

As the fees and grants office is also a University service, I imagine the same dates apply to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Why would Moodle need to be shut down? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Just the support line, its manned by staff who will be on Christmas holidays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Quickly someone tell my where to top up my student card so I can print something!

• Advertisement

Quickly someone tell my where to top up my student card so I can print something!

There's machines in the Arts Block and Library

Advertisement