Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

In that case your looking at molecules, but yeah, a mole is Avogadro's Number of atoms, so x moles = x(6.02x10^23)

To get a moles worth of something, take its Atomic weight in grams and you should have one mole's worth of it.
    Disclaimer: I'm not a chemist, YMMV, Do not operate heavy machinery after reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Thanks ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If the person in the lobby of the library arguing that Batman isn't a superhero because he hasn't got any powers uses boards I just want to say.......you haven't got a f*cking clue. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If the person in the lobby of the library arguing that Batman isn't a superhero because he hasn't got any powers uses boards I just want to say.......you haven't got a f*cking clue. :pac:

Hit them for me :pac:

Thwip! wrote: »
    Hit them for me :pac:

It was a girl, but there are some times where social norms have to be overlooked to deal with stupidity.

Girls and comics.....pfffft.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Can't believe I missed that. Would have given her a rant as to why he is a superhero :pac:

It was a girl, but there are some times where social norms have to be overlooked to deal with stupidity.

Girls and comics.....pfffft.:pac:

Now you're starting to sound like the Big Bang Theory

What happened to the guy who was reading USM? :P

Thwip! wrote: »
    Now you're starting to sound like the Big Bang Theory

What happened to the guy who was reading USM? :P

I started reading Planet Hulk...it's given me anger issues.:D

I started reading Biology notes.

tumblr_lvorqcUaPj1qfxwtoo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Guys I did an exam today, which went ****.

I am thinking dropping it and paying 50e and picking another mooodle in lieu of it.

Is this possible after I have already sat the exam ?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I am thinking dropping it and paying 50e and picking another mooodle in lieu of it.

thanks

I'm not sure. I know that I had a friend in 2nd year who had done 2 history modules instead of 1 in 1st semester and then when he wanted to do a newly offered module in 2nd semester they wouldn't let him because he had already done the credits, but that was history.

How much is a repeat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

marko93 wrote: »
    How much is a repeat?

€60 each, capped at a total of €240

DB21 wrote: »
    €60 each, capped at a total of €240

Oooft, that's grand then! Cheers DB

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

thanks

Was it FN310? if so I was thinking of changing today as far as I know once you've done the exam you can't. You had to go to the head of the economics department and registration office too to get it approved.

marko93 wrote: »
    I started reading Biology notes.

tumblr_lvorqcUaPj1qfxwtoo1_1280.jpg

Also chemistry if you count Logan's skeleton composition :P

Ah I love that book, it's a great read :)

heffo500 wrote: »
    Was it FN310? if so I was thinking of changing today as far as I know once you've done the exam you can't. You had to go to the head of the economics department and registration office too to get it approved.

Yea it was Fn310.

Did you find out about thus today ?

Yea it was Fn310.

Did you find out about thus today ?

Yeah a fella I know changed module yesterday to Irish Economy (50% CA) from FN310 told them he picked it by mistake at the start and it was still on his moodle. It cost him €50 to change and said he was told you have to do it before the exam.

Yeah a fella I know changed module yesterday to Irish Economy (50% CA) from FN310 told them he picked it by mistake at the start and it was still on his moodle. It cost him €50 to change and said he was told you have to do it before the exam.

Yeah I had about that as well. TBH i didnt expect the exam to go **** as I studied every single thing except total return and babcock.

I will pass it but will get about 44% which wont help to get at least 2.1

Putting ec306 and fn310 was not fair.

I suppose I could repeat up to 15 credits at the end of the year so I'll do that instead but I'm wondering how it will affect my degree.

Yeah I had about that as well. TBH i didnt expect the exam to go **** as I studied every single thing except total return and babcock.

I will pass it but will get about 44% which wont help to get at least 2.1

Putting ec306 and fn310 was not fair.

I suppose I could repeat up to 15 credits at the end of the year so I'll do that instead but I'm wondering how it will affect my degree.

Yeah it was unfair first term I've ever had two on the one day concentrated so much on ec306 that I'd no time to study fn310 I'm just gonna repeat and try get a first in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Just on the topic of this whole changing Modules stuff, do you mind if I ask a question? Just confused by the whole thing?

I'm in 1st Psychology (MH106) and took English & Sociology as my Arts subjects in Semester 1, is there anyway I could transfer from English into another Subject, for example, Geography in Semester 2? Or am I completely missing the point of the whole changing Modules thing?

I don't particulary mind having to study English for another Semester, but if I had the opportunity to change, I would do so immediately.

Just on the topic of this whole changing Modules stuff, do you mind if I ask a question? Just confused by the whole thing?

I'm in 1st Psychology (MH106) and took English & Sociology as my Arts subjects in Semester 1, is there anyway I could transfer from English into another Subject, for example, Geography in Semester 2? Or am I completely missing the point of the whole changing Modules thing?

I don't particulary mind having to study English for another Semester, but if I had the opportunity to change, I would do so immediately.

As far as know, no we're only taking about changing a module

I do an arts subject business but I started out with computer science then maths before changing to business but I had changed to business half way into my 1st semester in 1st year

Yeah it was unfair first term I've ever had two on the one day concentrated so much on ec306 that I'd no time to study fn310 I'm just gonna repeat and try get a first in it.

I had to pull an allnighter for EC306 by the time I was finished I wasn't prepared to have any other exam.

Find the parametric equation of the line which contains the point (12, 0, −3) andis parallel to the vector 2i − 4j + k. Also, find another point on this line which isdifferent from (12, 0, −3).

Anyone have the slightest clue how to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Hint: It's 2 simultaneous equations.

banquo wrote: »

EDIT: Someone in my class showed me it written out. Suspiciously easy. Sure be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

banquo wrote: »

If Banquo is giving you hints, then its pretty easy.
    I mean Banquo can't math.

Does anyone know the schedule for paying postgrad fees, do they all have to be paid up front or are they done in installments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Does anyone know the schedule for paying postgrad fees, do they all have to be paid up front or are they done in installments?
    In installments, September and January usually.

• Advertisement

Seren_ wrote: »
    In installments, September and January usually.

Thank you.

Advertisement