Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

guys when are the results out ?

this week or next week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

guys when are the results out ?

this week or next week ?
    It depends on a department I guess cause some results are out already, others might be out next week following week or even mid-March

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

According to terry roche of the Bio department, the results should be out by the 15th of February

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

According to terry roche of the Bio department, the results should be out by the 15th of February

Grand.

Turns out my maths results weren't out Friday. Awks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I think I'm dying.

Either that, or just a really annoying cough/chest infection thing. I CAN'T EVEN TALK! Which is slightly unlike me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Whyyyyyyyy are they doing roadworks on the back roads now? Took us 25 minutes to just get out of Maynooth town this evening -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Whyyyyyyyy are they doing roadworks on the back roads now? Took us 25 minutes to just get out of Maynooth town this evening -_-

I was gonna tweet you but effort.. :pac: You commuting next year aswell?

I was gonna tweet you but effort.. :pac: You commuting next year aswell?

Hmm, I don't know? I probably will because I can't see myself staying on campus. I haven't heard of anyone being interested in renting a house either. What about yourself?

Hmm, I don't know? I probably will because I can't see myself staying on campus. I haven't heard of anyone being interested in renting a house either. What about yourself?

Campus is fairly shít IMO, way too expensive for a place that small! NO MORE COMMUTING FOR ME, WOOO. Getting a place with 3 friends, can't wait, commuting really písses me off because I got use to staying on campus and then had to leave as you know, so I know staying up there is much better like!

Campus is fairly shít IMO, way too expensive for a place that small! NO MORE COMMUTING FOR ME, WOOO. Getting a place with 3 friends, can't wait, commuting really písses me off because I got use to staying on campus and then had to leave as you know, so I know staying up there is much better like!

Yeah I agree! Yeah there's times when I'd love to stay on campus because every now and then people from my course get together and do assignments and stuff when I'm usually on the way home. So it's annoying that I miss out on stuff like that.

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree! Yeah there's times when I'd love to stay on campus because every now and then people from my course get together and do assignments and stuff when I'm usually on the way home. So it's annoying that I miss out on stuff like that.

It's just cray cray expensive though! :eek:.. How's the timetable this semester? Any improvement on last semesters?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

You can always look for a cheap enough room on daft.ie, rent.ie, myhome.ie or boards accommodation thread :) Thats what I did last summer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

It's just cray cray expensive though! :eek:.. How's the timetable this semester? Any improvement on last semesters?

Not all that expensive tbh when you take into account that bills are paid for. For Village anyway.

I know people paying €90+ for off campus not including bills!

Not all that expensive tbh when you take into account that bills are paid for. For Village anyway.

I know people paying €90+ for off campus not including bills!

River is pretty pricey at €110 a week though

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

River is pretty pricey at €110 a week though

That is why I never bothered with River. Always felt that Village was the best of the three anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Spotted: Two people getting out of a car at the side entrance of the college with posters and cable-ties at about 10.30pm last night and the car that dropped them off speeding off.

Curious and curiouser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Hi guys,

I'm just wodnering what's the protocol for having food/refreshments at societal events? I've been to many where pizza soft drinks and wine are had inside the lecture rooms, but when I booked a room I was told that No food or drinks allowed (as well as by the health and safety officer on a related event).

Is there a way to get around this or do people just ignore the rules for events?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

They're just covering their own backs. It's blatantly ignored.

No change at all! :( Still the 25 hours. I've kind of adapted to it now at this stage so it's fine. I just wish I could have an early day here and there but unfortunately I'm hanging around until 6 Mon-Thurs. :(

What about yourself? Any less hours? :P

No change at all! :( Still the 25 hours. I've kind of adapted to it now at this stage so it's fine. I just wish I could have an early day here and there but unfortunately I'm hanging around until 6 Mon-Thurs. :(

What about yourself? Any less hours? :P

PSYCHOLOGY HAS LESS HOURS CAUSE WE HAVE TO DO MORE READING

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL NAT ^__^

My timetable ay'it, it's:

Monday: 12, 4

Tuesday: 2, 3, 4

Wednesday: 12, 1, 2, 4, 5

Thursday: 12, 2, 4

Friday: 11

So that's 14 hours p/w including tutorials. One of those tutorials only runs for 3 weeks and i've my Psychology tutorial once every fortnight so it's still really the 12 hour week I have! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭karl_m

PSYCHOLOGY HAS LESS HOURS CAUSE WE HAVE TO DO MORE READING

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL NAT ^__^

My timetable ay'it, it's:

Monday: 12, 4

Tuesday: 2, 3, 4

Wednesday: 12, 1, 2, 4, 5

Thursday: 12, 2, 4

Friday: 11

So that's 14 hours p/w including tutorials. One of those tutorials only runs for 3 weeks and i've my Psychology tutorial once every fortnight so it's still really the 12 hour week I have! :pac:

What do you do for your tome off on mondays?

karl_m wrote: »
    What do you do for your tome off on mondays?

absolutely nothing. my perfect type of activity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I hate gaps in lectures. I fill them up with tutorials. The only one I couldn't do anything about was break from 10am 'til 4pm on Wednesday. Guess what? Haven't made that 9am lecture yet. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭karl_m

Novella wrote: »
    I hate gaps in lectures. I fill them up with tutorials. The only one I couldn't do anything about was break from 10am 'til 4pm on Wednesday. Guess what? Haven't made that 9am lecture yet. :o

Well that's one way of dealing with the time off! I've a three hour gap (was 5 but filled it up with tutorials). I hate gaps. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

banquo wrote: »
    They're just covering their own backs. It's blatantly ignored.

But, do security/ a health and safety officer not check in on you? We're hosting an EGM tomorrow (Thursday) and we really don't want to get in trouble. Problem is we read the fine print after saying to our members there'd be refreshments :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

J.D.R wrote: »
    But, do security/ a health and safety officer not check in on you? We're hosting an EGM tomorrow (Thursday) and we really don't want to get in trouble. Problem is we read the fine print after saying to our members there'd be refreshments :-/

EVERY event has food. Honestly. Just leave the place how you found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

karl_m wrote: »
    Well that's one way of dealing with the time off! I've a three hour gap (was 5 but filled it up with tutorials). I hate gaps. :rolleyes:

I just spend my gaps trawling through Boards. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

4th year bio results are up.... got a 2 1 overall from 5 modules (average 60%)..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Passed Biology :D

P.S Pope, I see you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Does anyone know if 2nd year bio results are up?

Advertisement