Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Signing people up on Clubs and Societies day makes you feel so old, seeing all the new student numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

As much as I love being away on erasmus, reading through this thread makes me want to be back at maynooth. The craic is so different in college here, although we do have four bars on campus:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Signing people up on Clubs and Societies day makes you feel so old, seeing all the new student numbers.

I have a friend in DCU (who also changed their student numbers in 2010) who was accused of making his student number when signing up for a society this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

New student numbers? What'd you mean?

New student numbers? What'd you mean?

The student numbers changed in 2010 to 10..., 11..., 12..., etc. Before that they were 69..., 68..., 67...

Back in the old days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

My student number started with 65. Now I feel really old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My student number starts with 66. :)

I feel a little better now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Mine starts with 666....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

A pox on thee, biology markers :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Has anyone heard anything about English results? Really want to know how I got on at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I got between 80-90% in my MP110 exam. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I got my Biology result back yesterday and I was delighted :D Done really well. But, the email we got from the head of the department worried me a bit. They said that the result is purely provisional and the external examiner hasn't yet looked at the results. So I'm just wondering, could my result be brought down?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I got my Biology result back yesterday and I was delighted :D Done really well. But, the email we got from the head of the department worried me a bit. They said that the result is purely provisional and the external examiner hasn't yet looked at the results. So I'm just wondering, could my result be brought down?

It's very rare that they get brought down.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭karl_m

I got between 80-90% in my MP110 exam. :D

Damn you, I got between 60-70%. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Quick Question:

If I think I was graded unfairly in a module, how can I go about querying it?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Passed Biology and only done 2/3 essays. HON THE BHOYZH.

Just in case anyone is interested Rozabeez's inquest concluded today. An open verdict was recorded.

Bobsammy wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is interested Rozabeez's inquest concluded today. An open verdict was recorded.

Are any details available anywhere?

I can't find any articles about it now - although maybe the papers might have one tomorrow. I just read what her sister had put on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Quick Question:

If I think I was graded unfairly in a module, how can I go about querying it?
    :)

You have to wait until the consultation day in June, review the paper with the lecturer/class head and then send off the appeal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Are any details available anywhere?

I imagine the Independent will have the details in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1 imawildchild

Question to anyone that has or is living in Lyreen Manor above Dunnes. Where exactly are the bins?? Just moved in and I'm clueless! Please pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

PM'd.

In other news, happy 15th birthday boards.ie!

Any of ye sound folk wanna put my mind At ease?

I got 68% in EN152A today but got 36% in EN150.

Someone told me I can pass by compensation, but EN150 was a 100% based C.A. Module so I'm not sure if you can or not?

Couldn't find a specific question that addresses what I was looking for so thanks a million for any help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Talking about the results. I got just over 25% in my Law exam and I'm kinda proud of it.

#passbycomp <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Anybody know if economics are out yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Any of ye sound folk wanna put my mind At ease?

I got 68% in EN152A today but got 36% in EN150.

Someone told me I can pass by compensation, but EN150 was a 100% based C.A. Module so I'm not sure if you can or not?

Couldn't find a specific question that addresses what I was looking for so thanks a million for any help! :)
    Usually CA-based modules can be passed by compensation, but might be an idea to email or pop into the english department office and ask just to make sure. Great result in EN152A btw! I remember that you were freaking out about it :pac:

We have pancakes and nutella and cream and strawberries in the fridge at work. I know what I'm having for lunch :D You're right, diabetes!

Seren_ wrote: »
    Usually CA-based modules can be passed by compensation, but might be an idea to email or pop into the english department office and ask just to make sure. Great result in EN152A btw! I remember that you were freaking out about it :pac:

We have pancakes and nutella and cream and strawberries in the fridge at work. I know what I'm having for lunch :D You're right, diabetes!

Thanks! I've sent an Email to the head of English anyway to make sure! And yeah, 68% was a surprise.. Considering I never went to a lecture and studied an hour before the exam, and also managed to refer to the poet I was talking about as the wrong name (Constantly referred to Louis Hughes and not Langston Hughes, the shame :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Most modules you can pass by compensation; a select few you cannot. If you can pass it by compensation then you're fine. If not, it's down as a 'Technical Fail' and you'd have to either repeat that module or do an assignment / project in lieu.

Advertisement