Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Thanks! I've sent an Email to the head of English anyway to make sure! And yeah, 68% was a surprise.. Considering I never went to a lecture and studied an hour before the exam, and also managed to refer to the poet I was talking about as the wrong name (Constantly referred to Louis Hughes and not Langston Hughes, the shame :o)
    Ashamed to say, I did that in 1st year English too. Two hours before an exam, I read one paper and a Wikipedia summary of the novel - up until then I didn't even have the main character's gender right! Fortunately a question about that exact paper came up.

To this day, I'm convinced the only reason I got over 60% for it is because I successfully conveyed my thought processes in the exam - because I was literally trying to figure it out myself while I wrote it!

Fast forward to this year, I got 58, 60 and 67 in my English exams. Well happy with those. Still waiting on Geography which, based on last year, could be out around mid-March

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

hai guize! Miss boards so much, need to come on here more to cry haha! Hope you are all well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭MFPM

Daemos wrote: »
    Ashamed to say, I did that in 1st year English too. Two hours before an exam, I read one paper and a Wikipedia summary of the novel - up until then I didn't even have the main character's gender right! Fortunately a question about that exact paper came up.

To this day, I'm convinced the only reason I got over 60% for it is because I successfully conveyed my thought processes in the exam - because I was literally trying to figure it out myself while I wrote it!

Fast forward to this year, I got 58, 60 and 67 in my English exams. Well happy with those. Still waiting on Geography which, based on last year, could be out around mid-March

They are due out next Friday from what I believe!

Hope so, would be a big improvement on last year

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Met up with the maths department the other day and turns out I'm not is as bad a position as I previously thought. Currently I've a technical fail in maths because I didn't pass a calculus module, but I can change that if I pass Integral Calculus this semester. If I don't pass Integral (quite likely going by what I've seen already in lectures) and still get over a 25% average, I will still have my technical fail but because I'm not keeping on maths next year, passing by compensation will kick in :D

• Advertisement

Tis fierce quiet about here!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

kellief wrote: »
    Tis fierce quiet about here!

The sound of silence on boards is the sound of productivity in college:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

^^ someone's optimistic

Thwip! wrote: »
    ^^ someone's optimistic

I agree haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Thwip! wrote: »
    ^^ someone's optimistic

I'd say more presumptive than optimistic :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I couldn't be any less productive if I tried. Literally just looked at my assignments today and closed them as quick. Next week is definitely shaping up to be the week from hell as a result of my shocking inaction. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I was incredibly productive today. Got through five Fast and Furious movies in a row! Now I feel a bit light headed. Possibly from the brain leakage.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Anyone heard when 3rd Year economics result will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

I know this was discussed before but I just want to ask personally.
    I failed my EU Law I but I did extremely well in my Constitutional Law.
    Do I need to compensate from my EU Law II module this semester or do I just need an average of 40% among all of my Law modules?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Where did you get your English results?! I'm in the US right now but I'm coming home later so I wanna get mine!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Paczini wrote: »
    I know this was discussed before but I just want to ask personally.
    I failed my EU Law I but I did extremely well in my Constitutional Law.
    Do I need to compensate from my EU Law II module this semester or do I just need an average of 40% among all of my Law modules?

An average of 40% should be sufficient (and over 25% in each module)

An average of 40% should be sufficient (and over 25% in each module)

That just made my day! I'm so happy right now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dear Library staff...

You obviously haven't got a f8cking clue what you are doing while messing about with the windows and the wooden panels outside, the fact that you are standing at the top of the room smiling back and forth while you do it just makes people want to punch you....so please quit it and do something productive like maybe finding that book that the system says is in the library but is not where it's supposed to be.

Respectfully,

Everyone in the computer room who is now f*cking freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Novella wrote: »
    Where did you get your English results?! I'm in the US right now but I'm coming home later so I wanna get mine!

Moodle Novella, under the EN150 and EN152A/B course tab..

On another note, anyone know how much the fine is for a book overdue from the library for 4 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ah, I passed both English modules and I'd never even read any of the poetry until the night before the exam. Nice.

• Advertisement

On another note, anyone know how much the fine is for a book overdue from the library for 4 days?

If it is overdue already you can check it online :)

http://library.nuim.ie/services-facilities/borrowing
    Standard Loans €0.50 per day
    Week Loans €1.00 per day
    Day Loans €2.00 per day
    Hope it's only a Standard Loan you have. I once had to pay €20 for a Day Loan book, because I thought it was Standard

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Scabies outbreak! Yis dirty cúnts :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Hi guys,

A set of earphones of mine have gone missing in the college. They look like this:

image-earphthorretro-0-watermark.jpg

If someone here, or someone you know has found them, will you let me know? I got them for Christmas, so it'd be kinda nice to get them back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

They are awesome earphones! I hope you find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭karl_m

Awh man, I used to have those earphones, they are awesome, hope they show up, very distinctive. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I approve greatly of those earphones

I finally see the logic of paying for things with your student card. In the Library with no change, and unwilling to queue for 10 minutes in Starbucks, it came in very handy with the new vending machines. Shame they're hidden away though, I didn't even know they were there. I had to ask where the new toilets were and they happened to be right opposite them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

<3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I wonder, how sweaty will Mal's "vote for me" t-shirt be when the election has come and gone? I swear I've seen him wear it for 2 days in a row.

Also, a guy with a silk scarf wrapped around his forehead came into my CS142 lecture and decided to deliver a tribute to his 2 "teethbreeshes". :pac:

Advertisement