Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Hey guys, anybody recommend a good doctor in maynooth who takes medical card people? thinking of changing the doctor on my gp visit cos I'm never at home for my home doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Hey guys, anybody recommend a good doctor in maynooth who takes medical card people? thinking of changing the doctor on my gp visit cos I'm never at home for my home doctor

I think the medical office in the Student Services Centre behind John Hume, take medical cards but then their service is free to all students.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

TO_ARTHUR! wrote: »
    I think the medical office in the Student Services Centre behind John Hume, take medical cards but then their service is free to all students.

Afaik they don't.
    I think Dr Gaffney out near the Glenroyal does though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Yup, also, Primacare above Manor Mills.

Afaik they don't.
    I think Dr Gaffney out near the Glenroyal does though.

Yeah, sorry about that. I confused free with subsidized :o

• Advertisement

Mal uses the word craic as a pun, no vote for you.

And so begins my list of why I'm not voting for people based solely on non-relevant stuff.

What are the actual odds of a commuter room btw?
    I know the whole kettle and microwave thing can't happen anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm not trying to be smart but isn't that the point of the common room?

I'm not trying to be smart but isn't that the point of the common room?

I thought that too, about 3 people have started on about this. Common room suits me fine anyway and I don't see where this "commuter room" is going to go or why it's for commuters and what it's actually going to provide for them...

dojojoe wrote: »

Besides, when I need to use a kettle or a microwave, I just use the facilities of the mature students room, I've been doing that since long before I was 'mature'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Ehrmahgerd I wish I would have realised my love for Ed Sheeran a few months ago so I could have went to see him in the O2 ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Gotten more than a few FB messages over the last few weeks about what is and what is not possible, manifesto-wise. Here's what I told those guys.

A room with kettles and microwaves for commuters is entirely feasible. There are a number of ways to do it (my solution was totally over ambitious* and got shot down, probably rightfully so) but if you wanted to convert that staff tea room in Arts Block (for example) you could do it.

But you'd have to make it a priority and it would have to happen instead of some other manifesto item you'd want to complete.

*waaaaaay too ambitious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Also, a guy with a silk scarf wrapped around his forehead came into my CS142 lecture and decided to deliver a tribute to his 2 "teethbreeshes". :pac:

It took me a while to accept that that actually had happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Seren_ wrote: »
    Ehrmahgerd I wish I would have realised my love for Ed Sheeran a few months ago so I could have went to see him in the O2 ;_;

I think he's overrated. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Ice in my cup just moved and scared the beejeebus outta me...

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

I know this is going to be controversial,
    but we need to reintroduce entrance exams or interviews for higher level education.
    There are many things going for and against the leaving cert, its far from perfect, but at no point does the question come up,

"Do you know how to use a toilet?"
    or
    "are you the sort of person who destroys public toilets for fun?"

Men's toilets in this place are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭purebeta

My course had an assessment test and interview(Music), so I feel special...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

I think he's overrated awful. :P

Fixed

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Men's toilets in this place are a disgrace.

I agree with all of that post.
    I feel sorry for the cleaning staff that have to go in and clean them. There's piss all over the floor half the time and it seems like people are actually trying to block the toilets with the amount of tissue overflowing from some of them.
    Also graffiti is terrible, were all adults surely we can go to the toilet without writing something we saw on the internet earlier that day on the wall/door, I don't know how these people aren't drowning in their own drool with how stupid they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

The ladies are not much better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

I'm mystified as to how it hasn't been a campaign promise from a VP Welfare candidate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Can you scan stuff in the library?

Can you scan stuff in the library?

I can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

kellief wrote: »
    The ladies are not much better!

The toilets in logic are and the arts block are the worst. The graffiti in Logic is actually quite interesting and funny to read though, its like at one point someone used it as a sort of ad hoc counselling service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

The lads toilets in the Arts block are generally the cleanest on Campus i've noticed. It's the ones on the 1st floor outside the upstairs entrance to JH1 which are disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

^I have never had that experience. Always been completely the other way around for me.

mickstupp wrote: »
    ^I have never had that experience. Always been completely the other way around for me.

Really? I only use the toilets in Arts on a Friday morning after Psychology (only there once a week), so maybe they're just cleaned at that stage or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Really? I only use the toilets in Arts on a Friday morning after Psychology (only there once a week), so maybe they're just cleaned at that stage or something!
    Yeah, I'd say that's probably it. They're often pretty disgusting.

'pretty' and 'disgusting' are strange words to see beside each other...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

JH jacks for men is by far the worst IMO. Anyone see the toilet in the last cubicle, and how it was for ages? I pity whoever had to clean it

Daemos wrote: »
    JH jacks for men is by far the worst IMO. Anyone see the toilet in the last cubicle, and how it was for ages? I pity whoever had to clean it

Yes I did see it actually, maybe 2 days ago? That was actually disgraceful. Ugh the thoughts of it :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I'm actually talking about another time, I haven't seen it recently. In which case I'm hoping it's a different thing, or if it's the same that it's actually a prank and not what it looks like. Otherwise I weep for the future of our country

This is a very cheerful conversation before bed, isn't it? :pac:

Advertisement