Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I'm pissed off at reddit, it's the main reason I haven't finished my English assignment due for Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Is the reading room open today??

Is the reading room open today??

And to reply to my own question; Yes, it is open but there are no plugs left.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm in bed eating Ferrero Rocher and I have an English essay due tomorrow of which I've only written the introduction. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Novella wrote: »
    I'm in bed eating Ferrero Rocher and I have an English essay due tomorrow of which I've only written the introduction. :(

Best possible plan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

...and with the end of the mid term looming, a return to hell is inevitable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Not looking forward to going back, especially with a presentation at 10am tomorrow.

kellief wrote: »
    Best possible plan!

I thought so! Still only have the intro written, but I did open moodle which, I think, was a step in the right direction! :pac:

I thought so! Still only have the intro written, but I did open moodle which, I think, was a step in the right direction! :pac:

I have a paper that is due today, but my grandad is very ill, so I'm doing this when I can. It's nearly finished though.

kellief wrote: »
    I have a paper that is due today, but my grandad is very ill, so I'm doing this when I can. It's nearly finished though.

Oh, snap almost. My granny is really sick right now. Sorry to hear about your grandad.

• Advertisement

Oh, snap almost. My granny is really sick right now. Sorry to hear about your grandad.

Sorry to hear about you granny. We're just running on autopilot at the moment. hope you're granny gets better xx

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

I'm gonna post it here (as many more people read this thread than accommodation thread, I'm gonna post it there too) I just have a quick question. Does anyone live in a nice 3/4 bed house close enough to the college and is moving out in May? Please let me know!

Someone good at CS, come help me ;_______;

Had a great night at the Clubs and Societies Awards last night, even if did feck up my study plans for next week. Thesis versus the BICS, should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Please tell me CS students don't have to do integration in 2nd year. *cowers in fear*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I would've gone to that organ donor thing... if the mail to all students telling us about it hadn't arrived on the same day as the actual event. That's happened a few times now. It'd be helpful if they even gave us a single day's notice.

Please tell me CS students don't have to do integration in 2nd year. *cowers in fear*

2 hours of maths a week. Fear not young Pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

marko93 wrote: »
    Someone good at CS, come help me ;_______;

We help those that help themselves. Also Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

5000 word thesis and lab report due in tomorrow... all nighter it is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Ugh, procrastinating on two fronts and I can't help it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

hi al,

in relation to graduation if i were sit a repeat to boost my grades does it mean that i wont be able to graduate with the rest of my mates in september ?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

hi al,

in relation to graduation if i were sit a repeat to boost my grades does it mean that i wont be able to graduate with the rest of my mates in september ?

Yep, you would graduate in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Yep, you would graduate in October.

Thanks. That sucks

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Is Maynooth the only college that does that? I know DCU wait til Oct and I think other colleges do too

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

Thesis done and handed.... I don't know what to do with my life now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Thanks. That sucks

Depending on your subject, chances are you wouldn't be graduating with many of your classmates anyway. I was in a group of whatever, 200 or so maybe more? I knew 2 people. They did it alphabetically, not by subject.

Could be a lot worse. I know other some other universities call you up by grade, not alphabetically. I think that's profoundly unfair personally. You may graduate with your class, but everyone in that room knows exactly who got the lowest mark.

I'm after finishing an essay that is due in an hour, exiting windows and forgetting to save. Windows is set to autosave every ten minutes, so I know it's somewhere. Am in Library. Would anyone be able to help me?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

mickstupp wrote: »
    Depending on your subject, chances are you wouldn't be graduating with many of your classmates anyway. I was in a group of whatever, 200 or so maybe more? I knew 2 people. They did it alphabetically, not by subject.

Could be a lot worse. I know other some other universities call you up by grade, not alphabetically. I think that's profoundly unfair personally. You may graduate with your class, but everyone in that room knows exactly who got the lowest mark.

I'm fairly sure that it's only alphabetically for Arts. I crashed a grad or two and they were all per degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Just out of curiosity, is there a Thesis in third year law?

• Advertisement

Paczini wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, is there a Thesis in third year law?

No, unless you are doing the 4 year degree.

Advertisement