Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    No, unless you are doing the 4 year degree.
    Thats a great news! Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Is Maynooth the only college that does that? I know DCU wait til Oct and I think other colleges do too

DCU has a bigger venue.
    Some degree courses are always in the later graduation regardless.
    All of Science and Engineering just about in the Aula.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    DCU has a bigger venue.

Ah... Venue size never occurred to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

DCU has a bigger venue.

I know certain postgraduate courses are always in the later graduation dates - especially those with submission dates in the summer.

I know lots of the history courses don't graduate until 12 months after they finish their courses - a bunch of my friends started their masters with me, and even though I graduated on Halloween, they won't graduate until next September.
    Graduations are grouped by faculty, generally - arts takes several ceremonies, science and engineering graduate together, social science graduate together, that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It's either freezing or roasting in this office, no inbetween at all. Bah.

How's everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Seren_ wrote: »
    It's either freezing or roasting in this office, no inbetween at all. Bah.

How's everyone?

You just need to turn at a steady rate to stay at a constand temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Father Fitzpatrick: And this is the last known photo of Herr Hitler; he's signing a few death warrants there.
    Ted: Funny how you get more right-wing as you get older.

Stuck in my head ALL DAY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Whenever I think of Fr. Fitzpatrick in Father Ted, I think of Fr. Fehily from the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly series of books too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Whenever I think of Fr. Fitzpatrick in Father Ted, I think of Fr. Fehily from the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly series of books too. :pac:

Castlerock uber alles

You know what I love about Ross? He acts like a complete unashamed ar*sehole most of the time and then there's always one super tender moment in the books and all is forgiven #toteslamebutidontcare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I finally found The Print! It was great. Enjoyed it start to finish. Many laugh out loud moments. Well done! Looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I swear those a ****load of guitar douches on the radio these days. :rolleyes:

Y'all watch yaselves for I have bought a car. I've been driving for seven years but in someone else's car and always wondered what would happen if I went from fifth gear into reverse.

Anyone know?

The car makes a wicked crunching sound and... I don't know. It crunches if you try go into too low a gear, I assume it would do something similar if you tried to go into reverse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Y'all watch yaselves for I have bought a car. I've been driving for seven years but in someone else's car and always wondered what would happen if I went from fifth gear into reverse.

Anyone know?

The space/time continuum collapses. True story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Anyone know?

I always wanted to know this!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

kellief wrote: »
    I always wanted to know this!

You'd stall the engine.

Some gearboxes won't let you change into reverse if your moving with any sort of speed.
    In which case, I'm not sure what happens...
    a stall I guess.

Also crunching sounds aren't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fluffy Stuff Buffer

You do a flip

You'd stall the engine.

Some gearboxes won't let you change into reverse if your moving with any sort of speed.
    In which case, I'm not sure what happens...
    a stall I guess.

Also crunching sounds aren't good.

Oh, I know. It was when I was learning to drive, I used to go into first when I was trying to go into third.
    Luckily, I no longer do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

How so Joe wrote: »
    Oh, I know. It was when I was learning to drive, I used to go into first when I was trying to go into third.
    Luckily, I no longer do that.

Oh I still do that occasionally , worryingly I just recently passed my test which adds to my suspicion that the tester was just feeling tremendously nice that day ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

spent so much money in Penneys this weekend rarrrrrrr! *shakes fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Quick questions:
    Can you run for a committee position if you can't attend the AGM. If so, how?
    Also, if there's a chance you could be repeating can you still run or would that even affect you?

:)

I think you can ask someone who will be at the meeting to nominate you in absentia. As long as your nomination is seconded, you should be golden to continue.
    Different clubs and socs might have different policies though. It's worth asking whoever is running the agm.

As to repeating, you're entitled to run for and hold a committee position regardless of whether you're a first time or a repeat student, and equally an internal or an external student. No worries there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

You can send a speech for someone to read out on your behalf at a Clubs and Socs AGM. As long as you indicate what position or positions you are running for you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Does anybody know where I could get rooftop access in Maynooth?

JayEnnis wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I could get rooftop access in Maynooth?

I know a guy that somehow got up on to the roof of the John Hume building but I know it involved climbing, risk to life and a questionable mental state. He also demonstrated his cornering skills p on a severe bend with me in the car in very icy conditions and subsequently crashed it. Mental but very sound lad.

So, to answe your question, no.

I have a friend who climbed on top of the arts block. And there are constantly builders up there, so there must be a relatively easy way to get up. Other than that, ask an astro student - I think they have a telescope on the roof of the science building.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I don't mean the actual college but anywhere around the town. It's for a photoshoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

JayEnnis wrote: »
    I don't mean the actual college but anywhere around the town. It's for a photoshoot.

If you know someone that lives in the apts above manor mills maybe ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

aaabbbb wrote: »
    If you know someone that lives in the apts above manor mills maybe ?

The balcony off the postgrad tea room in JH could work nicely, unless it's for a panoramic shot. For a panoramic you're talking about roof of arts block, the entrance to which I'm sworn to secrecy on!

Iontas also a possibility, but it's swipe card access.

Advertisement