Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

kellief wrote: »
    Greene's is gone. A new restaurant is going in there called Tannseys.

Oh well, that deli was awful,
    A never changing menu which for some reason needed to be displayed on 5 computer monitors, never any seating and that terrible wooden cutlery. (you know the ones that you can barely use).

Also the service was hit and miss, 4 times I was with a group of friends, we'd order our food and they'd forget my order and after waiting 20 minutes looking at them longingly would have to ask where the heck is my food?

Let it be known that after my first visit I was never a willing visitor.
    Everyone else liked the crepes. :rolleyes:

I've lived here for over 15 years and I have never once seen this happen.

I've lived here 5 and I've had a few experiences like this.
    Being bothered at the ATM, having someone walk up to me in the middle of the day and ask me for money as well as finding somebody out cold in our drive.

Maynooth isn't all sun shine and roses. All towns in Ireland have some antisocial behaviour. Maynooth isn't the worst.

Alt_Grrr wrote: »

Maynooth isn't all sun shine and roses. All towns in Ireland have some antisocial behaviour. Maynooth isn't the worst.

Have to say coming from Blanch that Maynooth is lovely. In a comparison with most of the areas I live near it beats them by a mile.
    People complaining have a lot of sightseeing to do if they think Maynooth is bad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

No one ever said Maynooth is perfect. You will have the same experiences with people begging in pretty much every single town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Have to say coming from Blanch that Maynooth is lovely. In a comparison with most of the areas I live near it beats them by a mile.
    People complaining have a lot of sightseeing to do if they think Maynooth is bad :p

I feel your pain. I feel safe walking around Maynooth at night, Blanch, not so much...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Breakfast crepes.

*wistful*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Not crepes, but the pancakes in twist are excellent for breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

All this talk of crepes and stuff is making me even hungrier. Hurry up takeaway!!

Also, I slept from 11 last night until 4 today all the way through O.O

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Allow me to taunt you further - Chicken Tendercrisp from Burger King. *drools*

:(

• Advertisement

I spent most of today trying to figure out how to do my assignment (I was in a painkiller induced haze from Wednesday to Saturday) . Someone in my class spent almost an hour explaining it, step by step. Panic is easing a lot now!
    PLUS! I had a yummy dinner followed by rhubarb and custard! YUM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Oreo and ice-cream crepe in Chill cannot be beaten :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Second coat applied to bookcases. Now the wait begins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

So heading into my 9th month of work experience, I am counting down the time until I'm back at Maynooth. I don't like growing up and having responsibilty. Can I just stay in college for the rest of my life please?

jubella wrote: »
    So heading into my 9th month of work experience, I am counting down the time until I'm back at Maynooth. I don't like growing up and having responsibilty. Can I just stay in college for the rest of my life please?

If you become a career academic, then yes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Fogman wrote: »
    Hi :) anyone know of any job vacancies around the area for summer?is there normally a demand for people for jobs around summer?moving up full time and need to get meself set up,any help appreciated :)

Saw that Greene's replacement, Tansey's or something, are looking for a commis chef and waiting staff, they want each to have experience though...

I've lived in Naas for a long time, let it be said that Maynooth doesn't have gangs of 12 year old kids hanging outside shops asking people going in to buy them cigarettes.

Maynooth ++

Anyone here able to help with SPSS? In a total panic and would really appreciate some help!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

I tutor SPSS for Psych... so depending on what the problem is I might be able to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

kisaragi wrote: »
    I tutor SPSS for Psych... so depending on what the problem is I might be able to help?

Completely off topic but i'm in 1st year MH106 (Psychology) and i'm just wondering what 2nd year is like in terms of hours/workload?

• Advertisement

kisaragi wrote: »

Thanks for the offer but a friend helped out before I saw this. Thanks.

No worries!! :)

Completely off topic but i'm in 1st year MH106 (Psychology) and i'm just wondering what 2nd year is like in terms of hours/workload?

Hmm, well it's a bit different now from when I did it. But basically you have either a practical or an essay due every two weeks as well as some smaller spss assignments every week. It's definitely more intense than first year - but not unmanageable if you keep on top of the work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Lads/Ladies, if anyone is selling a Summer Ball Ticket, drop me a PM! Need one for a friend!

You know it's nearly "summer" when the beach party rolls around!!!!

Why does facebook not allow pages to invite people to events? >.< it's so annoying!

Just for the lulz

Edit: Goddammit, that was supposed to be a link!

There are not enough toilets in this library. It's madness!

There are not enough toilets in this library. It's madness!

Whaaaaaaa'?

Whaaaaaaa'?

There are only about 6/7 female toilets in the library (combining old and new). How in the hell did that happen???

• Advertisement

There are only about 6/7 female toilets in the library (combining old and new). How in the hell did that happen???

I still say it's worse for the lads, considering the state the toilets do be in sometimes :mad:

Advertisement