Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I still say it's worse for the lads, considering the state the toilets do be in sometimes :mad:

There isn't always a queue for the mens!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Are some decommissioned because of the construction work? Specifically the ground floor ones?

banquo wrote: »
    Are some decommissioned because of the construction work? Specifically the ground floor ones?

yep! There are two female cubicles on the ground floor beside starbucks, not sure about the mens. Second floor ladies have 5 toilets and sin é. There are probably 4,000 ladies in the college.
    I'm sure the mens issue is as bad, I just don't know how many there are. But there should always be more ladies loos, there is always a queue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

kellief wrote: »
    yep! There are two female cubicles on the ground floor beside starbucks, not sure about the mens. Second floor ladies have 5 toilets and sin é. There are probably 4,000 ladies in the college.
    I'm sure the mens issue is as bad, I just don't know how many there are. But there should always be more ladies loos, there is always a queue!

1 cubicle and 1 urinal in the new part, 3 of each in the old part.

1! 1!!! Good lordy!

Still...not enough toilets in the most stressful building on campus.

HOW ARE WE MEANT TO GO AND CRY IF THERE ARE NO CUBICLES???

• Advertisement

1! 1!!! Good lordy!

I'm starting to think there wasn't a tremendous amount of planning involved in this library.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

It says on the signs where the ground floor of the old library is that there is going to be me more toilets in that area when opened.

heffo500 wrote: »
    It says on the signs where the ground floor of the old library is that there is going to be me more toilets in that area when opened.

Yes, but I need to cry NOW!

*I'm very stressed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Lack of toilets never seemed to be an issue in the old library, I never once had to queue for more than maybe 30 seconds. Is it because more people go to the library now?

Seren_ wrote: »
    Lack of toilets never seemed to be an issue in the old library, I never once had to queue for more than maybe 30 seconds. Is it because more people go to the library now?

I would imagine so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

heffo500 wrote: »
    Yes but there's also a 'No Cycling' sign on one of the pillar to the right of the stairs. I presume it was put up when it was being built, but nobody thought to take it down once it became part of the interior :D

Daemos wrote: »
    Yes but there's also a 'No Cycling' sign on one of the pillar to the right of the stairs. I presume it was put up when it was being built, but nobody thought to take it down once it became part of the interior :D

Is there??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

^^ That sign is from the footbridge, just in remembrance I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

1! 1!!! Good lordy!

Bathrooms in this place are an afterthought.
    I mean I could design better bathrooms and I'm an idiot.

For example having even numbers of urinals without little dividing walls between them means that only half of them are usable at once. (Some people here may not be familiar with this social convention, the International Choice of Urinal Protocol is explained here )

Not asking potential students if they know how to use a toilet (from my observations, they don't) combined with suboptimal bathroom facilities results in utter chaos in the lavatories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

There are only about 6/7 female toilets in the library (combining old and new). How in the hell did that happen???

Thought something might have happened that you were like "what is this i don't even" like someone getting their jollies on in there or something (not completely unheard of) and you were like this library is far too ill equipped with toilets for that kind of going on...

Or something.

Thought something might have happened that you were like "what is this i don't even" like someone getting their jollies on in there or something (not completely unheard of) and you were like this library is far too ill equipped with toilets for that kind of going on...

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

f_113a9bea55.jpg

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Bathrooms in this place are an afterthought.
    I mean I could design better bathrooms and I'm an idiot.

For example having even numbers of urinals without little dividing walls between them means that only half of them are usable at once. (Some people here may not be familiar with this social convention, the International Choice of Urinal Protocol is explained here )

Not asking potential students if they know how to use a toilet (from my observations, they don't) combined with suboptimal bathroom facilities results in utter chaos in the lavatories.
    The one urinal in the new library genuinely looks like it was added as an afterthought. 'Oh we need to put a urinal in, sure here will do'

And having the hand dryers directly behind it! You can't look right because you'd be staring at the guy at the urinal, and you can't look left because of the massive mirror where you can see the guy at the urinal in the reflection! Stare right ahead, pretend to be interested in this amazing hand-drying machine, and don't make eye contact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

few typo's there.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I swear the Phoenix Restaurant's sound system plays the same 10-20 songs over and over again.

• Advertisement

I swear the Phoenix Restaurant's sound system plays the same 10-20 songs over and over again.

It does. They used to have Today FM on, but changed it for some reason. They're good songs for the most part, but I'm fairly sure I can predict the order now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

In fairness, if you're familiar with the reference, this is *very* funny.

Ohhhh, does that mean that I was completely incoherent?

Ohhhh, does that mean that I was completely incoherent?

Yup :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Good Will Hunting is a good film. I think I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Daemos wrote: »
    The one urinal in the new library genuinely looks like it was added as an afterthought. 'Oh we need to put a urinal in, sure here will do'

And having the hand dryers directly behind it! You can't look right because you'd be staring at the guy at the urinal, and you can't look left because of the massive mirror where you can see the guy at the urinal in the reflection! Stare right ahead, pretend to be interested in this amazing hand-drying machine, and don't make eye contact

There's one on the top floor of JH where they were stuck for space I guess as the door to one of the two stalls is partially blocked by two urinals. which means if you come out of it and somebody is using the urinal closest to the door, you have to ether politely try to nudge past him or wait till he's finished and try not to look.

You'd think that since its the closest bathroom to the universities very fancy boardroom they'd have made a bit more effort then "hey lads lets just throw it up any old which way".

As you can no doubt tell, I have a hard enough time using public bathrooms without all the extra awkwardness that comes with cheap and poorly thought out facilities.
    Also not helped by them being destroyed casually by idiots.

Yup :pac:

Fiddlesticks.

In other news, May the fourth be with you.

Or something.

haha!

Also...I did miss the reference, I have no idea what just went on. I just don't think there are enough bathrooms!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The mens toilet downstairs is always busy and pretty uncomfortable. At least the toilets in the library are not in as bad a condition as the ones in the Arts Block and JH, those toilets can not be used for most of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

can anyome login through the portal on th nuim wireless? when I try to login it just takes me to the old login page that doesn't work

Advertisement