Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

looking at what i have to study...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

kellief wrote: »
    Well! What were you doing at 5am?
    Skyping friends in America :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Is clamping finished can somebody please tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Yep! Term time only! And it's not term time any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pleb41

Does anyone know if the gym is open during the summer? Also when is generally a quiet time to go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

pleb41 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the gym is open during the summer? Also when is generally a quiet time to go?

Yep its open and usually dead. Theres never been a soul in there anytime I've ventured in during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

That MT102S exam was a bitch. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Yep its open and usually dead. Theres never been a soul in there anytime I've ventured in during the summer.

I kinda prefer it that way. What will I work on next? My arms? My legs? Cardio? Look at the choice!

That MT102S exam was a bitch. :(

It's like that every year. The whole three times I did it 2011,2011r,2012. Actually got a lower mark in the repeat because it's a good bit harder.
    I was just third time lucky :P

aaabbbb wrote: »

Thanks. Is it busy much during semesters? Are there any quieter times then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I'd like winter to go away now please. I shouldn't be wearing this many clothes in the middle of may.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

missed my SG108 exam because for some stupid reason i thought it was on at 1 30 instead of 12 30. feck my life :(

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Toshi101 wrote: »
    missed my SG108 exam because for some stupid reason i thought it was on at 1 30 instead of 12 30. feck my life :(
    Just contact your department asap. I knew someone last year who missed their exam just because they mixed up the times and was allowed to sit it at the later stage (during the exam period not in August). I think it was Sociology department but it might work in your case as well.

Paczini wrote: »
    Just contact your department asap. I knew someone last year who missed their exam just because they mixed up the times and was allowed to sit it at the later stage (during the exam period not in August). I think it was Sociology department but it might work in your case as well.
    That happened a couple of years ago in the Classics department too. Definitely call the department Toshi101! Hopefully they'll sort you out. They'll probably give you the alternate exam, though, the one done up for the repeats.

mickstupp wrote: »
    That happened a couple of years ago in the Classics department too. Definitely call the department Toshi101! Hopefully they'll sort you out. They'll probably give you the alternate exam, though, the one done up for the repeats.

Hardly give you the repeat exam that other people have to do? Intentionally leaking the exam to students...

Hardly give you the repeat exam that other people have to do? Intentionally leaking the exam to students...

Well they can't give you the one you missed because you can just ask someone who did it what's on it... but there's plenty of time to do up another repeat exam for August.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Is off campus login not working for anybody else?
    Getting the error message : File missing: docs/other.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Is off campus login not working for anybody else?
    Getting the error message : File missing: docs/other.html

Network is supposedly down on campus, so would that have a knock on effect for local files?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Network is supposedly down on campus, so would that have a knock on effect for local files?

Arsebiscuits. Was trying to read something on Jstor, ah well!

SHUT UP, BIRDS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

mickstupp wrote: »
    SHUT UP, BIRDS!
    The office where I work is next door to a school so every day at 10 and 12 all I hear is screaming kids :P at least I'm not trying to study though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Apparently (according to the spotted page) a mature student was caught cheating in a frist year geography exam with a bunch of a4 pages that she brought in . . .

DylanII wrote: »
    Apparently (according to the spotted page) a mature student was caught cheating in a frist year geography exam with a bunch of a4 pages that she brought in . . .

Was it the exam today? I was in there and didn't notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think I did alright in my MP112 exam, I finished with 45 minutes to spare. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Unrelated to the exams:
    Is anyone on here currently in 2nd CSSE (i.e. will be going into 3rd CSSE next year)?
    Just as I've had to defer part of the year I'm heading back into 3rd year and don't know a soul! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Unrelated to the exams:
    Is anyone on here currently in 2nd CSSE (i.e. will be going into 3rd CSSE next year)?
    Just as I've had to defer part of the year I'm heading back into 3rd year and don't know a soul! :pac:

I won't be in that class but I'm gonna be in a similar situation after I was on placement last year and then I deferred this year so when I (hopefully) return next year I'm gonna be in a class with students who were still in sixth year when I was last a proper student in Maynooth! So any future 3rd year law students please make yourself known to me! :-)

I'm also going to have to graduate with my brother...

I won't be in that class but I'm gonna be in a similar situation after I was on placement last year and then I deferred this year so when I (hopefully) return next year I'm gonna be in a class with students who were still in sixth year when I was last a proper student in Maynooth! So any future 3rd year law students please make yourself known to me! :-)

I'm also going to have to graduate with my brother...
    I thought you came back this year :o Well you'll know me!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Paczini wrote: »
    I thought you came back this year :o Well you'll know me!

I did and then deferred for various reasons. I forgot that you'd be in my class! Yay, I know someone! :-)

I did and then deferred for various reasons. I forgot that you'd be in my class! Yay, I know someone! :-)
    Well I didn't know that. So yea, we'll be in law together. Its gonna be a hard and productive year I guess :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Theoretically if I had above a 60% average in my business modules from last semester & didn't do too well in this semesters exams due to illness & had to repeat my Management exam in August am I still eligible to switch to Business & Management in 2nd year if I had to repeat the exam? (It would be capped at 40% but I've already passed both my modules through CA but need to get 60% average).

Advertisement