Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Paczini wrote: »
    What does it say beside it? Fail or Pass by Comp? I got 26% in one of my Law exams in first semester but by Passed by Compensation

It says fail beside it, but I don't understand how I couldn't pass it by compensation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Not every module can be passed by compensation, it depends on the department. I would go to the consultation day or contact your lecturer to discuss the result.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Did you pass the other modules well? Maybe you didn't have enough to put towards compensation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Was the module you failed beginning Spanish/review of Spanish? Generally with languages, the core modules must be passed without compensation.
    This link says that beginning Spanish 2 (spa 102) must be passed without compensation. Perhaps the same applies to the module you failed?
    Edit: I see you've mentioned that it's not a core module. Is it possible that it's mismarked and it should be core? Passing by compensation is automatically applied, so if you haven't gotten it, there's probably a reason behind it.

In any case, your best bet is to talk to your department on consultation day. You could well be able to appeal, given that your failure margin is 1%, which is pretty small.

How so Joe wrote: »
    Was the module you failed beginning Spanish/review of Spanish? Generally with languages, the core modules must be passed without compensation.
    This link says that beginning Spanish 2 (spa 102) must be passed without compensation. Perhaps the same applies to the module you failed?
    Edit: I see you've mentioned that it's not a core module. Is it possible that it's mismarked and it should be core? Passing by compensation is automatically applied, so if you haven't gotten it, there's probably a reason behind it.

In any case, your best bet is to talk to your department on consultation day. You could well be able to appeal, given that your failure margin is 1%, which is pretty small.

Hi Joe, thanks for the response. It was a first semester module (SPA201), which was not compulsory. I e-mailed my tutor with the same inquiry and he simply told me that if it is not a required module then it can be passed by compensation.With regard to my other first semester Spanish modules ,I passed them both. However, as it stands the online results have deemed first semester a fail.

Is it possible to make consultations by phone, as I am unable to travel to Maynooth on Tuesday ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Hey guys you know the 67 bus route
    From Maynooth? Where exactly does that leave from? And how much would it be for a day return ticket? Thanks!

Zipp101 wrote: »
    Hi Joe, thanks for the response. It was a first semester module (SPA201), which was not compulsory. I e-mailed my tutor with the same inquiry and he simply told me that if it is not a required module then it can be passed by compensation.With regard to my other first semester Spanish modules ,I passed them both. However, as it stands the online results have deemed first semester a fail.

Is it possible to make consultations by phone, as I am unable to travel to Maynooth on Tuesday ?

Not sure about making consultations by phone. Certainly worth a try. Talk to your department secretary on Monday if you can - department secretaries know everything, and should be treated with the greatest respect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

From Maynooth? Where exactly does that leave from? And how much would it be for a day return ticket? Thanks!

67 leaves from the stop opposite the glenroyal just down from the train station, where the bus eireann buses stop.

Its €2.85 each way to town, but could be cheaper if you're not going the full way Dublin bus have a fare calculator on their site and that should tell you exactly in that case.

Also, unless you're going to celbridge, don't get the 67. It takes flipping ages to get through celbo, goes on a whistle-stop tour of the entire bloody town.
    Try getting a 66 from the stop nearest the train station (it's just a yellow pole, no shelter or anything) or outside the pharmacy on Main Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Also, unless you're going to celbridge, don't get the 67. It takes flipping ages to get through celbo, goes on a whistle-stop tour of the entire bloody town.
    Try getting a 66 from the stop nearest the train station (it's just a yellow pole, no shelter or anything) or outside the pharmacy on Main Street.

I'm just trying to get to the Liffey valley shopping centre! Any recommendations of which route to take?

• Advertisement

Not sure about making consultations by phone. Certainly worth a try. Talk to your department secretary on Monday if you can - department secretaries know everything, and should be treated with the greatest respect!

Thanks Joe, I'll give her a shout Monday.

I'm just trying to get to the Liffey valley shopping centre! Any recommendations of which route to take?

Either will get you there, but the 66 would be faster. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Agreed , though it can vary depending on the time of day. Also its €2.85 to Liffey Valley :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Don't be dissing the 67!!! My daddy drives the 67!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

kellief wrote: »

The 67 has made me late more times than it's had me on time

Well I'm sure that's lovely for him. He's seen every part of celbridge. Ever.
    I detest 67s because when I'm in town they always show up, and they won't bring me home to Leixlip.
    I swear, I always manage to arrive at the stop in time to see THREE 67s (which isn't even possible, they only go once an hour) and no 66s, 66as, or 66bs. That's not even how life is supposed to work.

... I hate buses.

Well I'm sure that's lovely for him. He's seen every part of celbridge. Ever.
    I detest 67s because when I'm in town they always show up, and they won't bring me home to Leixlip.
    I swear, I always manage to arrive at the stop in time to see THREE 67s (which isn't even possible, they only go once an hour) and no 66s, 66as, or 66bs. That's not even how life is supposed to work.

... I hate buses.

He used to drive the 66s, but he wanted a change! I would imagine if you were waiting on a 67 you would see lots of 66s!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

66/67 is 2.80 not 2.85? I actually don't find that the 67 takes longer than the 66, but I rather it cause it stops closer to my house :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Got the 66 for the first senester back in 1st year before switching to the 67 after they changed the timetable. Never really noticed any difference between time wise and most nights they would meet each other at Lucan, the exception was Tuesdays when Celbridge was packed for some reason. Always preffered the 67 though cos it meant you avoided the wild animal stampede on the main street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I've found the 66 to be faster than the 67 but I've been charged three different prices for the same destination in the space of a week on the 66

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I was charged 4.40 from Westmoreland St -> Maynooth on the 66 a few months back.

Still reeling from it.

When did they launch the new SU website (http://maynoothsu.ie/). Not a lot on it yet, so will wait to judge it.

New logo as well, at least it is different.

msulogosmall.jpg

That main page photo makes them look like they're all possessed. Some sterling camerawork there.
    Also from reading three lines of that first Tubridy article, they've missed an apostrophe already. Bodes well for the editorial integrity of the website.

As an aside, the new logo is, well, eh, something, I dunno.
    And comments on the website are disabled. =(

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    New logo as well, at least it is different.

msulogosmall.jpg

Still looks like a circlejerk, even more so actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Comments are likely disabled until they move to better hosting.

It's Wordpress, whose comments sections are a massive target for spammers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭dublinstevie

banquo wrote: »
    I was charged 4.40 from Westmoreland St -> Maynooth on the 66 a few months back.

Still reeling from it.

Impossible so stop talking ****e you bell end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The 66x/67x is 4.40.

That colourful SU logo is pretty awful tbh. Also, Tubs must be finding it hard to get guests on his show if the Maynooth SU president was on it :P

I really wish the student body had been informed of the protest and the interview on RTE. It seems like there is a lot going on but the student's are not needed/cared about. Also, why are the incoming sabbats doing the work? Handover is not meant to be until July I thought?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I really wish the student body had been informed of the protest and the interview on RTE. It seems like there is a lot going on but the student's are not needed/cared about. Also, why are the incoming sabbats doing the work? Handover is not meant to be until July I thought?

I was thinking the same. What's the point of doing this stuff if the students aren't told anything. Isn't that the union's first job? To keep the students informed?

• Advertisement

I believe they are in the middle of cross over training, so that is why they are there. Agree about everything else though, I do not see why the SU sabbats did not go into the library to get a few more students to join in their protest. Not really a great start to their year when they can not communicate with the student body. Hopefully things improve from here, and students are not left in the dark again this year.

Advertisement