Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

just wondering if anyone will be affected for repeats if dublin bus continue their strike? thanfully my dad has business out in lucan so he will be able to drop me that way but im sure others may be in trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Toshi101 wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone will be affected for repeats if dublin bus continue their strike? thanfully my dad has business out in lucan so he will be able to drop me that way but im sure others may be in trouble?

I'd imagine quite a few would be to be fair! Most people do rely on Dublin Bus for a way into college so I feel awful for those who are stuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

There always seems to be some sort of public transport disruption around exam time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

This is a ridiculous hour of the morning to be on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Seren_ wrote: »
    This is a ridiculous hour of the morning to be on the train.

5.57... AM?

I didn't know there was a 5.57AM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

5.57... AM?

I didn't know there was a 5.57AM

Normally still in work at 5.57AM :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Damn grant forms are going to give me a breakdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

How are people on the bus line getting to Maynooth this week? Like Leixlip, Lucan, Palmerstown etc.?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Fbjm wrote: »
    How are people on the bus line getting to Maynooth this week? Like Leixlip, Lucan, Palmerstown etc.?

Apparently the strike might be off tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Apparently the strike might be off tomorrow?

Haha I hope so. Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Buses running as normal tomorrow :)

954718_438114376286637_465651223_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Quick Question:
    How long do you get to keep you NUIM email account for after you graduate?*

*Not that I've to worry about that for another few years.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Quick Question:

2 or 3 years I think. You can ask for an alumni address once you graduate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Quick Question:

I'm not sure but I know someone who graduated nearly five years ago, and he still has his so I think you might be allowed to keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Coincidentally if you drop out you can keep it for 3-4 years too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

People who finished in 2011 seemed to lose access a while back (at least a lot of people I know did).

I don't even know when I logged into webmail last; have it set up to forward to gmail for yeeeeeeears.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AndyPipkin

Hello folks. Just wondering what the story is re getting a student card after you register in early September as a continuing student. Does the student contribution have to be paid in full or can you show them an evidence letter from your county council that you are approved and the charge will be paid in full. Desperately need a valid student card to get discount on car insurance asap so was hoping I could get one the day I register!

AndyPipkin wrote: »
    Hello folks. Just wondering what the story is re getting a student card after you register in early September as a continuing student. Does the student contribution have to be paid in full or can you show them an evidence letter from your county council that you are approved and the charge will be paid in full. Desperately need a valid student card to get discount on car insurance asap so was hoping I could get one the day I register!

I didn't know you can get cheaper insurance as a student!! Who with?

TheBody wrote: »
    I didn't know you can get cheaper insurance as a student!! Who with?

Axa student first! google it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

AndyPipkin wrote: »
    If you're a continuing student, what's wrong with your existing student card? Mine says valid till mid-October.

mickstupp wrote: »
    If you're a continuing student, what's wrong with your existing student card? Mine says valid till mid-October.

Mine is expired because I took a year out to go travelling!

Aha. I have no idea then. Sorry.
    Someone is bound to know and have an answer for you soon though. I know people who had to wait for their student cards but I don't think they had letters or anything saying they were approved yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mickstupp wrote: »
    Aha. I have no idea then. Sorry.
    Someone is bound to know and have an answer for you soon though. I know people who had to wait for their student cards but I don't think they had letters or anything saying they were approved yet.

Letters are useless...if you ring up enquiring about the grant the person will tell you they will send it out just to get you off the phone but the records office will tell you that it's pointless (guy didn't even look at mine).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Few of my friends got a house in Old Greenfield, anyone know what it's like?

marko93 wrote: »
    Few of my friends got a house in Old Greenfield, anyone know what it's like?

The end of the estate near the Straffen road is fine. Further in is not so good.

I have to be in Maynooth tomorrow to talk about stuff with people. Are there working mid-summer things on campus to sell coffee to me? And from what ungodly hour of the morning do they function?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I presume Starbucks is open. It is normally open early, same time as the library is open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Starbucks and Chill are both open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Starbucks and Chill are both open

Course you'd know.... :p

Advertisement