Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frank Ocean touring with Odd Future?

• 30-03-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Frank Ocean will be at the Odd Future gig on Monday? I'm thinking about going but if he's not there I won't bother..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I don't think so. I read a few reviews of their gigs in Birmingham and London last night and there was no mention of him.

I think he's performing on his own these days. He's down for some festival in Belgium on his own and OF are playing there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Too bad, best of the lot imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Not surprised really, imagine all of OF up on stage breaking mics and kicking speakers over with Frank Ocean over in the corner crooning "So I've been thinking of youuuuu." Really don't know why he's with them, he's so different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I never really took to OF. I like Ocean however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Novacane, novacane, novacane, novacane, novacane. Uh-huh.

• Advertisement

You forgot a few 'baby, baby's in there. And then '**** me good, **** me hard, **** me numb'.

Can't wait for his album. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed. Wouldn't mind a tour on the back of it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

He's a good artist in his own right. I'd go to see him on his own. Any word on Earl with regards to Odd Future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

He is apparently good, and completely the opposite of this utterly useless rap group, so good for him for going his separate way.

Any word on Earl with regards to Odd Future?

He's back with them. I think he might be on this tour as well.

He is apparently good, and completely the opposite of this utterly useless rap group, so good for him for going his separate way.

Utterly useless is a bit much.

Good to hear that Earl is back. I think he could be a very good artist too.

• Advertisement

Utterly useless is a bit much.

It was the nicest way I could put it, bottom line I wish I never hear anything about them ever again.

It was the nicest way I could put it, bottom line I wish I never hear anything about them ever again.

Why do you hate them so much?

Why do you hate them so much?

I don't hate them, I just really do not like their music or how they act.

I don't hate them, I just really do not like their music or how they act.

I dunno, I think they're grand. Like, they seem to have gotten a lot of people excited about hip hop. I know some people who wouldn't have taken an interest in hop hop before suddenly seeming much more interested since they came along. That can only be a good thing. Their live shows are great too. Loads of energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 airgilbert

Earl and Domo>>>>>

lol at useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Well that was awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Well that was awesome...

Go on..

Wanna hear about it

I didn't bother going. The United match was too big to miss out on. I've seen them before anyway.

What was it like Pudsy? What songs were played? Any sign of Earl?

Ah twas just a brilliant gig, I cant believe the energy they put into it every time. Crowd was immense, was a brilliant atmosphere. They played a pretty wide variety of stuff, a fair few from the new record but also stuff from radical, bastard etc. Mike G's "Everything thats yours" was unexpected, and it was one of my highlights. They probably played 20 odd songs in the end. Lucas, the white guy on the album cover, jumped out of the private balcony onto the crowd, it was fcuking insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Ah twas just a brilliant gig, I cant believe the energy they put into it every time. Crowd was immense, was a brilliant atmosphere. They played a pretty wide variety of stuff, a fair few from the new record but also stuff from radical, bastard etc. Mike G's "Everything thats yours" was unexpected, and it was one of my highlights. They probably played 20 odd songs in the end. Lucas, the white guy on the album cover, jumped out of the private balcony onto the crowd, it was fcuking insane!

Was the whole group there.?

• Advertisement

Any sign of Earl?

Oh whoops, nah no sign of Earl. It was Tyler, Hodgy, Left brain, Mike G and Domo with Taco as the dj.

Oh whoops, nah no sign of Earl. It was Tyler, Hodgy, Left brain, Mike G and Domo with Taco as the dj.

Tyler jumped on top of me and nearly killed me when I saw them. It was savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Tyler jumped on top of me and nearly killed me when I saw them. It was savage.

You know it's a good gig when the front man nearly kills you :D:D

Lucas, the white guy on the album cover, jumped out of the private balcony onto the crowd, it was fcuking insane!

Heard he landed on top of three birds and they didn't catch him haha just picturing him doing it is too funny :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

it was more like the mellowhype and mike q show!!! , rest of them wernt arsed, tyler didnt give a sh*T , well compared to the academy show , they werent as good as the first time!! that thick that jumped down was an idiot thinkin he could get their attention , muppet!!!!

A V A wrote: »
    it was more like the mellowhype and mike q show!!! , rest of them wernt arsed, tyler didnt give a sh*T , well compared to the academy show , they werent as good as the first time!! that thick that jumped down was an idiot thinkin he could get their attention , muppet!!!!

I disagree, only Domo looked disinterested some of the time. The only criticism I have is that the sound was far better in the Academy. Also "that thick" is Lucas, one of their crew. Actually it was his face on the stage backdrop if you didn't notice. And he was given the go ahead by security to jump.

no the other guy over the other side , another las jump before lucas did near around the start!!! girl got busted open !!!!
    they were much better the first time, many many people have said they looked un interested

A V A wrote: »
    no the other guy over the other side , another las jump before lucas did near around the start!!! girl got busted open !!!!
    they were much better the first time, many many people have said they looked un interested

Oh my apologies, wasn't aware of that. That is a bit retarded. I agree that the academy gig was better overall but I dont think they looked particularly disinterested, so we'll just agree to disagree :)

• Advertisement

yeah this one was only little aswell, what a tool !!! i was talking to a mate today and he was sitting ,he just said some guy just flew past him and then hung out of the balcony and then jump into the crowd, i would have gave him a dig for hwat he did, n from what i saw he didnt seem to give a sh*T

And he was given the go ahead by security to jump.
    Security gave him the go ahead?? Doubt it was that straightforward.

Then again, who would have the balls to say no to this guy?

lucas.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They probably thought it was Fernando Torres' younger brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Reminds me somewhat of modric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They probably thought it was Fernando Torres' younger brother

Great shout!

Advertisement