Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Purchasing question

• 30-03-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Having spent years with a certain optician i went today to get my annual eye test along with an aftercare appointment and also to purchase my 6month contacts. The 6 month contacts came to €130. However another company sells the exact same product in a years supply for €120 . When ringing the company to ask about cancelling my order (its fully paid but takes 3days to come into shop) they say it is too late to cancel as they have ordered and thats that. Was just wondering is there anyway i can go about cancelling my order? it would save me €10 and give me 6months more contact lenses. Is the company in the right?

i apologise if this is in the wrong section

thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You'd leave a business you've placed an order with, spent time with you, you trust and a relationship with for the sake of €10, tbh I hope both of them ride you for any aftercae service as you deserve it.
    No offence but thats a ****ty thing to do for €10 especially as its business A who advised you what you need.
    My da was right the general public are a pack of .....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

You'd leave a business you've placed an order with, spent time with you, you trust and a relationship with for the sake of €10, tbh I hope both of them ride you for any aftercae service as you deserve it.
    No offence but thats a ****ty thing to do for €10 especially as its business A who advised you what you need.

An extra six months for €10 cheaper. I'd do everything I can to cancel my order.

The opticians are still a business. If I can get my contacts elsewhere for cheap, then I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭affroman69

Drunkmonkey! name says it all i think you might of had one too many :D.. if you re-read my original post i bought 6months contacts for €130. 12month contacts are €120 with a different company but same brand product. thats a total saving of €140 per year.
    please re-read!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Lol sorry op, had a bottle of wine just before that, oh wasn't drinking at dinner.

Dont know any opticians do what you think is best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

affroman69 wrote: »
    Having spent years with a certain optician i went today to get my annual eye test along with an aftercare appointment and also to purchase my 6month contacts. The 6 month contacts came to €130. However another company sells the exact same product in a years supply for €120 . When ringing the company to ask about cancelling my order (its fully paid but takes 3days to come into shop) they say it is too late to cancel as they have ordered and thats that. Was just wondering is there anyway i can go about cancelling my order? it would save me €10 and give me 6months more contact lenses. Is the company in the right?

i apologise if this is in the wrong section

thanks for the help

The only thing to do is go into the shop when there are other customers there and point out in a loud voice that the exact same product is available elsewhere at a much lower price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭affroman69

thanks for the replys,

having rang them a few times this morning they agreed to do a price match this time. will definitely change opticians after this! massive saving for me. over 150euro per year. big saving if your only ever in their shop once a year anyways!

moral of the story,

Shop around! (my bad!):D

Advertisement