Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CONTACT LENSE PRICING

Options
  • 30-03-2012 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Having spent years with Vision express i went today to get my annual eye test along with an aftercare appointment and also to purchase my 6month contacts. The 6 month contacts came to €130. However specsavers sells the exact same product in a years supply for €120 . When ringing the company to ask about cancelling my order (its fully paid but takes 3days to come into shop) they say it is too late to cancel as they have ordered and thats that. Was just wondering is there anyway i can go about cancelling my order? it would save me €10 and give me 6months more contact lenses. Is the company in the right?

i apologise if this is in the wrong section

thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I thought this would have been covered under the seven day cooling off period, but according to this link "Goods made to order" is not covered by the cooling off period.

http://www.freemancontingent.ie/archives/958

Presumably your contact lenses are made to order so therefore they wouldn't be covered by the cooling off period.

I'm not sure if there is anything you can do now, maybe call into the branch tomorrow and speak to the manager/supervisor if you can and speak to them and see what they say and if they will be helpful at all.

Be nice though, if you go in all guns blazing or with a bad attitude, you won't get far.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭affroman69

thanks for your reply,

i was very calm on phone to them but the girl just said sorry order has been made! Although they are made to order they are just ordered from a holding company which i am sure can be returned/cancelled i wouldnt say this is the first time to cancel an order. Hopefully they do cancel it for me as i feel robbed.

Thanks for the reply and hopefully i can get a refund and go elsewhere!!

should of gone to specsavers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

lenstore is place for branded lenses....don't even need to supply prescription. Always doing discount deals on delivery or del to people you know in NI

For non branded lenses daysoft

What did VE say when you said they were twice the price? Do they have a price promise or anything?

I left VE about a year ago due to their prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I thought this would have been covered under the seven day cooling off period,

That's for on line and telephone selling. The OP called into a shop and paid the shop.

The OP has "changed his mind" - sorry nothing can be done.

Are you sure they are Identical - identical brand, identical type etc etc. - I can't see there being so much of a difference between 2 high street chains, so there has to be something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I thought this would have been covered under the seven day cooling off period, but according to this link "Goods made to order" is not covered by the cooling off period.

http://www.freemancontingent.ie/archives/958

The cooling off period is for online purchases. It says that in the first line of your linked article too.

From what I understand from the OP, they purchased in-store, not online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

sandin wrote: »

+1, sorry OP. You agreed to and paid the price with the first retailer, there is no reason for them to issue a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭affroman69

sandin wrote: »
    That's for on line and telephone selling. The OP called into a shop and paid the shop.

Are you sure they are Identical - identical brand, identical type etc etc. - I can't see there being so much of a difference between 2 high street chains, so there has to be something different.

yes i just changed my mind after paying in full but on their website they have a section for their customers rights: and under that is i can change my mind!

anyways they are 100% identical. same brand same strength everything is the exact same. i went into the store today and spoke to the manager. she was really understanding and said for this time she would match the price of specsavers. she refunded me 10euro and gave me 6months extra contacts!! delighted with the outcome.

You say "there has to be something different", why? , they are exactly the same. neither specsavers or vision express make these. They are not their own brand they are air optics aqua. which can be bought from many opticians. 140euro a year difference is quite a lot if you ask me!.

anyways got the refund and price change! delighted with how they dealt with problem in the end but shall be changing opticians from now on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I recommend daysoft, very comfy lenses and great service.

Advertisement