Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks on the Dock Rd - Sat and Sunday

• 30-03-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭

A Heads Up on this.

Just seen there are planned works on the dock road tomorrow and Sunday.

They seem to be around the junction to the Clarion Hotel to the roundabout at Shannon Bridge.

Some more details here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

nice shout....this would have caught me in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Thanks OP, would have been coming back that way at about 7am tomorrow so now I know to avoid it.

Going to be some on Childers Road on Monday as well as far as I know. Think the road will be closed at the railway gates near Rathbane from 10am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i never understood why they put four sets of traffic lights there in the first place and then four zebra crossings when only two would've done, and even at that i noticed this morning that the beep for the hard of hearing isnt working, not to mention that unless you're a sprinter, you wont make it safely in a right angle movement from steamboat quay car park to the james casey walk sign and then across to curry street.

by the time you make it across james casey walk, you only have four seconds and are dependent on the courtesy of drivers on the dock road to cross safely to the curry street side.

tl;dr: they'd want to revise the timings, and dont even get me started on cars waiting in the yellow box to cross lanes into steamboat quay car park in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Kess73 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, would have been coming back that way at about 7am tomorrow so now I know to avoid it.

Going to be some on Childers Road on Monday as well as far as I know. Think the road will be closed at the railway gates near Rathbane from 10am.

What are they doing over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What are they doing over there?

Guessing that they will be doing some work on the rail crossing there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

As usual their timing is atrocious, esp with all the cars coming in the Dock Road today to get to the match (wonder will they actively divert the cars down the tunnel and pay the fees for them?)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Just drove past there an hour ago. It looks like they are power-hosing the buildings at the back of Steamboat Quay, so the inbound lane on the Dock Road is being used by the machinery, so they pushed inbound traffic into middle lane, so there is one lane for outbound traffic (instead of the usual two), and one for inbound.

I don't know why the couldn't have done this any other weekend, but I suppose if they finish up early enough, hopefully it won't cause too much congestion. It's not like they have a stop-go system in place or anything.

Flincher wrote: »
    Just drove past there an hour ago. It looks like they are power-hosing the buildings at the back of Steamboat Quay, so the inbound lane on the Dock Road is being used by the machinery, so they pushed inbound traffic into middle lane, so there is one lane for outbound traffic (instead of the usual two), and one for inbound.

I don't know why the couldn't have done this any other weekend, but I suppose if they finish up early enough, hopefully it won't cause too much congestion. It's not like they have a stop-go system in place or anything.

yep, they're washing the windows! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Flincher wrote: »

I don't know why the couldn't have done this any other weekend, but I suppose if they finish up early enough, hopefully it won't cause too much congestion.

What's going on this weekend that's so special?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

What's going on this weekend that's so special?

There's a Munster Match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

On the news - this stop/go system is supposed to be finished up @ 3pm today for the match

There's a Munster Match.

Oh right, no idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Oh right, no idea

Amazing since I thought you supported Leinster?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Oh right, no idea

would that be the same leinster that beat munster today in the rugby? :p

why yes, yes, i think it would! :pac: ;)

Mc Love wrote: »

From Leinster, no interest in Rugby. Had no clue there was a game on tbh. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

xsiborg wrote: »
    would that be the same leinster that beat munster today in the rugby? :p

why yes, yes, i think it would! :pac: ;)

yes and they deserved it to be perfectly honest.
    From Leinster, no interest in Rugby. Had no clue there was a game on tbh. :)

Oh I thought you had supported them previously, never knew you stopped. My apologies :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know why the area around the level crossing on Childers Road is closed for two days?

Removing the level crossing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭manna452121

Advertisement