Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Original Radio Toyota Landcruiser 05

Options
  • 30-03-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi does anyone out there know how to remove this radio, its dead and i want to install a new one,
    Below is the Pic of the Radio,, Any Help Greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You need to pull off the silver trim on either side of the gear lever, then the higher ones Including the air vents,

You'll have to disconnect the hazard switch and the passenger seat belt light if it's a later one.

You'll then see 4 10mm bolts
    Top ones are in line with the top of the stereo, bottom ones are in line with the heater knobs,mthey the whole lot (radio, clock and heater panel) comes out.

Radio is bolted in from the side.

Don't forget to reconnect the hazard sitch and seatbelt light.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 db91

Thanks for quick reply, seems like a bit of a mission, i'll give it a go though when you say pull off silver trim though, i presume it's just clicked in right ?

It's a piece of cake, don't worry. It's all just clipped in, you could talk most of it into coming off.

Ha ha thanks hope so I'm a total cabbage when it comes to this stuff.. God only knows what trouble I'll get into when I see all the wires !! I'll give it a go tomorrow in daylight..

Cruisers aren't like cars with tiny panel gaps and soft easily marked rubbery plastic. It's all just hard plastic that doesn't break and its all just clipped in the simplest way possible.

• Advertisement

you were right the silver panels did just clip off however i have unearthed a small factory worth of screws and bolts that ive had to remove also in the most awkward places, and now i am stuck because the last 2 screws are impossible to get to unless i remove this white vent and wiring as seen below,, and im not sure i want to pull this apart and basically break it,, can u offer anymore advice

You take them off after the whole lot pulls out.

Advertisement