Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower Belt

Options
  • 30-03-2012 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

I've a Jonsered ride-on and have broken a couple of drive belts ...... expensive buggers.
    Can anyone recommend a very good brand of belt?
    I've just got a mitsuboshi branded belt - anyone know if it's good quality?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well i find that the belts from a motor factors do the job fine, and much cheaper than an original mower belt

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Got a replacement and now check it every time I'm cutting the lawns.
    The guy in the shop said he'd a lot of breaks in the past month - says that the grass has been growing since January and is a lot thicker than people think due to the warmer than normal weather.
    Not sure how much of that to swallow, but I'll be far more vigilant regarding looking after the belts ............. €50 a pop isn't funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 progarden

the guy in the shop is right, higher moister level and temperature makes lawnmowers eat belts. the mitsuboshi belts are excellent. belt vary form 20 to about 100 depending on the machines etc. there are a few website that have the cheapest around

Advertisement