Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB

Options
  • 30-03-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I'm a new customer signed up to the 8mb NGB deal, i'd been with Vodafone before which was a basic 2mb package (i got speeds of close to 2mb download any time i checked)

I've checked a few times this week and the speed has consistently been around 1.26mb download and about .42mb upload

Today though the service has gotten worse..

Just a few minutes ago I checked again and this is the latest result

1865769759.png

Next Generation my ****!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

you knew well what to expect

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

So far WiMax has been more impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Faustino wrote: »
    I'm a new customer signed up to the 8mb NGB deal, i'd been with Vodafone before which was a basic 2mb package (i got speeds of close to 2mb download any time i checked)

I've checked a few times this week and the speed has consistently been around 1.26mb download and about .42mb upload

Today though the service has gotten worse..

Just a few minutes ago I checked again and this is the latest result

1865769759.png

Next Generation my ****!

Hi Faustino
    If you PM your telephone number to either Mark or myself we can test this connection for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

My eircom broadband seems very slow today too, really struggling, almost like dial-up at times. Might send my number to agent to have it checked.
    It seems to have improved in the past hour or so??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

chinwag wrote: »
    My eircom broadband seems very slow today too, really struggling, almost like dial-up at times. Might send my number to agent to have it checked.
    It seems to have improved in the past hour or so??

Hi chinwag,

Thanks for post. Try the following quick broadband checks from our Forum and if still having a problem DM me with your phone number.

http://bit.ly/BBChecks

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Advertisement

The latest speed test..

1872897166.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Faustino wrote: »
    The latest speed test..

1872897166.png

Thank you Faustino,

I have replied to your PM.

Take a careful look at this and it should hopefully resolve your broadband issue.

Best wishes,
    Ant

So the issue is explained, basically living in the Cherrywood area but our NGB is hooked up to an exchange in Sandyford which is miles away. So where we're paying for "up to" 8mb, the reality is that we can only get speeds of around 1.6mb (officially 3mb) because the signal weakens over such a distance.

There is actually an exchange in Cherrywood which would solve the problem, but there is no guarantee that Eircom will swap the lines to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭arctan

there is no exchange in cherrywood

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There is an exchange called Cherrywood, CWD.

Located here.

• Advertisement

thats a business only RSU, no residential

be a bit like people in Cherry Orchard wanting to work off Parkwest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No technical reason it cannot serve nearby residential users. :)

arctan wrote: »
    thats a business only RSU, no residential

be a bit like people in Cherry Orchard wanting to work off Parkwest

I would wager that Cherry Orchard has a better service than what we are getting.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    No technical reason it cannot serve nearby residential users. :)

no cable paths to residential areas ...
    dont think it has the capacity either, it's tiny and basically used for leased lines into Dell and having a DDF for all the wireless links on the roofs in the area

Parkwest was a poor example, because it's actually quite big :pac: ... Deerpark in Bray would be more like it (small cab used to provide leased lines to the Boghall road) ... all residential customers in the area still work off Bray exchange and have crap broadband ... although there were plans to change that, especially with UPC coming into the area

I stand corrected, residents in Tullyvale apartments & Glen na rí are fed from Cherrywood, replacement for SKL feed

Advertisement