Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattery in Westmeath?

Options
  • 30-03-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all, having real problems finding a cattery in Westmeath (preferably the Mullingar area).

Can anyone reccommend one for me? It seems no-one likes to advertise these businesses, will call round to the vets locally next week to see if they have any numbers, but personal reccommendations would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

As far as I know there is a cattery in Mullingar called "A Cry For Help", I don't know anything about it or where about's it is located though, sorry.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

The Cry for Help Cattery is in Mullingar. I'll PM you the ladies number if you like. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

Thanks for the replies - but isn't the cry for help place for cats and kittens looking for a home? I might be wrong, though. Please PM me the number if you have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thanks for the replies - but isn't the cry for help place for cats and kittens looking for a home? I might be wrong, though. Please PM me the number if you have it :)

It might help other posters if you specified exactly what service you're looking for. Is a cattery the equivalent of dog kennels i.e. are you looking for short stay accomodation for your cat?

coylemj wrote: »
    It might help other posters if you specified exactly what service you're looking for. Is a cattery the equivalent of dog kennels i.e. are you looking for short stay accomodation for your cat?

Yes, I am looking for somewhere to board my cat while I am on holiday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

sent pm for a nice cattery. Out box is saying nothing sent so pm me if nothing arrives.:)

time lord wrote: »
    sent pm for a nice cattery. Out box is saying nothing sent so pm me if nothing arrives.:)

Thanks - message received :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Hi all, having real problems finding a cattery in Westmeath (preferably the Mullingar area).

Can anyone reccommend one for me? It seems no-one likes to advertise these businesses, will call round to the vets locally next week to see if they have any numbers, but personal reccommendations would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Try 'Pawprints', Killucan, Co. Westmeath. It's run by Michelle Boyle. She has a small dog boarding kennels and cattery. I had my dogs with her for few days recently and she looked after them really well. She is a nice lady and a real animal lover.

The first time I got in touch with Michelle was before Xmas. She toke in a cat I helped to get fostered. She kept the cat for 2 months for free until the cat got neutered and could be passed over to a fosterer in Dublin.

Michelle's place is about a 10 minutes drive from Mullingar - N4 to Dublin road, turn left at the Downes junction, continue along this road till you see a quarry on the right, then a sharp bend, turn left at a white cottage, go up a hilly country lane, at the top turn right and its the third house on left - you'll see a high fenced gate.

I'll PM you Michelle's mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 siobherz

hey i used this fella a few weeks, he's lovely and it's about 8euro a night, his name's Joe Ennis and it's in killucan so it's not too much of a drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shells1979

Hi can anyone pm me details for a cattety in kinnegad area ? Need space for 2 indoor cats for first 2 weeks in July :-) thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just as another option. I used a cattery near Mullingar before. I don't recall which one. Needless to say I would never leave my cats in one again. It depends on the cat I suppose but mine were clearly not happy and I suspect spent 3 weeks hiding from sight and barely eating. They barely knew us and took days to get back to normal.

Last year I used a pet sitter.
    http://www.junespetsitting.com/
    I had June come out every 2 days to spend time with the cats, clean up and feed them etc.
    When we got back it was like we had never left, Everything was normal and they were happy cats. June emailed or texted each day to let me know all was well and if there were any funny stories.

I will be using her services again this summer.
    The cost is more per day but since cats can be left longer than dogs, having a pet sitter every 2 days is fine for a cat and that reduces the cost to the same and more than likely less than a cattery, especially if it is 2 or more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 126

Like Saruman I used June's Petsitting. http://junespetsitting.com we have three dogs and two cats. Our dogs just have not liked boarding and to be honest it ends up being expensive for all five. June first made an appointment to meet everyone with no obligation and got on well with them all. June charges the same for the first three pets and i think it's only 2euro for every extra pet so it worked out much cheaper for us. When we returned after three weeks away, it was like we never went. Our pets were not stressed like after boarding and clearly were happier at home. Disappointed to say I don't think they missed us! June also kept an eye on the house, cleaned up after the pets and exercised them every day.I would definitely recommend June to anyone and will certainly be using her again.

Advertisement