Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evergreen ground cover

Options
  • 30-03-2012 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi folks
    Looking for suggestions for a low growing evergreen that grows and spreads rapidly, I will be planting it on a steep bank in about 8-10 inches of soil with shale underneath , flower would be a preference but not a necessity...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Zelkova

Depends on whether its a sunny or shady location to what will suit best. Also is it a large area. In meters pls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

rooster79 wrote: »
    Hi folks
    Looking for suggestions for a low growing evergreen that grows and spreads rapidly, I will be planting it on a steep bank in about 8-10 inches of soil with shale underneath , flower would be a preference but not a necessity...

Pachysandra (Japanese Spurge) is everygreen and has nice white flowers too.

Grows about 6-8 inches tall and spreads out fast too.

Nice in my opinion.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Zelkova

paddy147 wrote: »
    rooster79 wrote: »
    Hi folks

Pachysandra (Japanese Spurge) is everygreen and has nice white flowers too.

Grows about 6-8 inches tall and spreads out fast too.

Nice in my opinion.:)

That's a great plant but requires a degree of shade. It won't appreciate too much sun

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Zelkova wrote: »
    That's a great plant but requires a degree of shade. It won't appreciate too much sun

This is Ireland remember :D, another sugestion would be bugle a good spreader and comes in a variety of leaf colours from green to deep purple, flowers in blue and looks great covered on frost, full sun is no problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rooster79

Thanks for the reply , pics look good any idea on price and also spacing and how quickly it will spread thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 rooster79

Thanks for reply, it would be on a East facing bank roughly 30m
    by 4m in area

Advertisement