Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How not to run a marketing campaign on Facebook....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I think it's very clever! great way to get people talking! There will always be a few complainers who will give out, but I do think it's a genius idea to stand out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Should of waited for April fools day

FAIL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Well did u comment, unlike page or report. Def bad move,I wonder how many "like this page & share competitions" are really legit on facebook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Well did u comment, unlike page or report. Def bad move,I wonder how many "like this page & share competitions" are really legit on facebook?

I'd say a lot of them are scams, or the people that "win" in the end are mates of the people running the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

To make fools of people is not the way to drum up business.

They will suffer for this idiocy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

It really is amazing how stupid and gullible a large proportion of Irish people are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

People are actually getting very angry about it, posting abusive messages:eek:
    Boys and their paitence though, would have been so much better to wait til 1st:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Arciphel wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/XILdm

Denis Mahony Motors off the M50 had a competition on facebook today, like a picture of a Mercedes 4x4 and you could win it. However it's all gone pear shaped. The angry mob have gathered on Facebook and are setting fire to their torches as we speak :pac::pac::pac::pac:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=199265473516996&set=a.169748589802018.32777.141993002577577&type=1&theater

I'd reckon it's PR gold. Everyone's talking about it, they got the name out there. That's the point if it really! And the people talking about 'itz a dizgrace Joe', they don't look the Mercedes buying type! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

or the people that "win" in the end are mates of the people running the competition.

Ha, Father Ted won a car in his own raffle as I remember :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It makes them look cheap and tricky. It was a dumbass move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

It really is amazing how stupid and gullible a large proportion of Irish people are

How I love watching people look back in hindsight from atop their high horses.

It's just appeared on http://www.broadsheet.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Wow...talk about not understanding your customers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

People seem to be miles up their own asses, judging by the comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

token101 wrote: »
    I'd reckon it's PR gold. Everyone's talking about it, they got the name out there. That's the point if it really!

Yes, they have the name out there. I will avoid this place when looking for a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Mother of suffering jesus look at the comments, you would think they paid 50 quid a head into a competition for the thing, all you did was click a ****ing button on the internet you absolute circus clowns. Btw i'll take the toy jeep if nobody else wants it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

whirlpool wrote: »
    How I love watching people look back in hindsight from atop their high horses.

Actually I commented on their original post that is was an April fools joke gone bad as they had it running past mid day and had started it too early. Actually the vast majority of people were saying the same thing but a lot of people ignored this and now making fools of themselves on the thread complaining about it.

I'd say a lot of these people are waiting on their €20 tables from little woods as well

I think some of the comments are comedy gold... this is my fave
    "Must be Thumbs up if Your a Ballbag day?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

It's been a tough week for some people. no cheap table and chairs from Littlewoods, and no free BMW.

I hope there are Counsellors available to get them through this difficult time :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

No such thing as bad publicity, Denis Mahony Motors must have gotten hundreds if not thousands of likes today and now all the dopes that thought they were going to win a free Mercedes are going mad.

Have to laugh at how stupid most Irish people are. They feel like they've been "cheated" and "scammed" judging from the comments on the fan page. Idiots, good enough for them, now all of their Facebook friends can see how truly stupid and gullible they are.

Did anyone win the toy? I really want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    No such thing as bad publicity,

So you reckon the Mahon tribunal report has increased support for Fianna Fail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Can you take them to court over false advertising?

No way is that toy jeep top of the range

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

haha people are such moaners, some of the comments are comical though!

Some guy protecting them saying he runs a successful business, drives a 2009 mercedes slk and "will be in for an upgrade soon" and he's also a personal trainer would ya believe!

What the hell is he doing on facebook???

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

The comments are hilarious under the photo.

The only thing not funny about the picture is the shocking suit that the bloke is wearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

What a shower of mongs getting all worked up. They clicked like, it cost them nothing, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I think some of the comments are comedy gold... this is my fave
    "Must be Thumbs up if YOU'RE a Ballbag day?"

If that's the calibre of the insults, then you can't really take them seriously. But yeah, boohoo it's like the toy Yoda email that went around years ago.

http://www.snopes.com/business/deals/hummer.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

April the first is Aprils fool day.
    Just an attempt of getting out of being fools themselves.

They are the fools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

People seem to be miles up their own asses, judging by the comments

Orla Hearne "Really bad taste... this marketing strategy has now back fired and won't do ur business any favours what so ever. Some comments say people need to lighten up but in these really ****ty times all people want is the chance of a better life and not getting hard done by over and over again in this country. Shame on u"

Sales of BMW in the Hearne household will no doubt plummet dramatically for the rest of 2012. The sad freakshow :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Most people that liked it would never be buying a car off this company anyway.
    They are giving away years road tax though and if you liked it get your car washed and hoovered for free :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'd say a lot of them are scams, or the people that "win" in the end are mates of the people running the competition.
    This isn't. Some guys I know run a facebook account and I only won one of the ten prizes, so it can't be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

darlett wrote: »
    Orla Hearne "Really bad taste... this marketing strategy has now back fired and won't do ur business any favours what so ever. Some comments say people need to lighten up but in these really ****ty times all people want is the chance of a better life and not getting hard done by over and over again in this country. Shame on u"

Sales of BMW in the Hearne household will no doubt plummet dramatically for the rest of 2012. The sad freakshow :pac:

So because she didn't get a free BMW she's getting hard done by? Self entitled moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Lol, I just had a read and it seems a private war has broken out between a guy called Joe and two women.

Honestly, my 7 yro wouldn't behave like that. Weirdos.

**Lisa Blake Come bk to me wen u can speak english, **

WTF...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

There's nothing quite like Facebook for bringing out the stupidity of some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

*Waits for someone to complain on consumer issues forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

So this is what that thread in the legal forum was about. Makes sense now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I haven't laughed so much in ages. Liked it just for the comedy factor.

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

I read through a few of the comments from that link, and it sounded like each person complaining actually thought they had a chance of winning the car..? Foools....!

I for one support this PR act as it shows they will go to any lenght to drum up some business.. GENIUS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

EGAR wrote: »
    Lol, I just had a read and it seems a private war has broken out between a guy called Joe and two women.

Honestly, my 7 yro wouldn't behave like that. Weirdos.

**Lisa Blake Come bk to me wen u can speak english, **

WTF...?

Yer man John is a traveller from Finglas :eek: And Lisa has closed her account because of the abuse she got:eek: What a flippin mess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Funny ****e tho... Its a great laugh, and the garage isnt gonna lose any business anyway, as most ppl were giving out that it would have been nice to win a free car as they cant afford to buy a new one. So really they wouldn of gone to his garage anyways..

Also many of the ppl *unliking* his page only liked it so they could share the link, hes back to square one now really.. But the upside is , now his garage is pretty well known about..

*Thumbs Up*

jay-me wrote: »
    Yer man John is a traveller from Finglas :eek: And Lisa has closed her account because of the abuse she got:eek: What a flippin mess!

you mean john gerard joyce? I dont think lisa closed her account though?

booboo88 wrote: »
    you mean john gerard joyce? I dont think lisa closed her account though?

Yeah that lad! And someone said she had!

Yeah that lad! And someone said she had!

Not from I can see, and that guy is a pillock, a child could come out with better than the insults he was coming out with.:rolleyes:

Yeah the comments are gone :confused: Maybe I am seeing things from lack of sleep lol Had a look at Mr. Joyces wall and he is a barrel of fun! "Just done sparring.. feel good now to go out and smash a few heads in" :rolleyes:

Yeah the comments are gone :confused: Maybe I am seeing things from lack of sleep lol Had a look at Mr. Joyces wall and he is a barrel of fun! "Just done sparring.. feel good now to go out and smash a few heads in" :rolleyes:

I saw that too....and "da new wheels"
    what a muppet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Troll-tastic.

the comments are still there though?
    I wonder will someone get a p45 after the amount of abuse on there:pac:

the comments are still there though?
    I wonder will someone get a p45 after the amount of abuse on there:pac:

Someone with a weird name said Lisa had deleted her account but their comments have since disappeared.

Yeah well either that or a pay rise for having so many people talking about it.. I for one had never heard of them before this so it works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Scummers are actually getting very angry about it, posting abusive messages:eek:
    FYP ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement