Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meeting girls

Options
  • 30-03-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Where in cork city is a good place to meet some girls, around 21-27 ish age.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Are you Dexter or the Yorkshire ripper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,

It's no easier in Dublin. I wouldn't mind meeting a nice guy in the same age group but it's actually so hard to meet someone! Anyone you come across in a pub/club is just locked and after one thing..... If you find a good place to meet people let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It's no easier in Dublin. I wouldn't mind meeting a nice guy in the same age group but it's actually so hard to meet someone! Anyone you come across in a pub/club is just locked and after one thing..... If you find a good place to meet people let me know!

A good place would be to meet me at my house :cool:

I actually don't know anywhere either, I would say college but girls tend not to do computer science.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,

congratulations jogdish, there is a girl right there!

press the PM button, two of ye chat back and forth a little and if ye like what ye hear, go for a walk tomorrow evening while its nice out. maybe around the lough? feed the birds.

its only a 15 minute walk so if there aint no spark its not a mad commitment like dinner and if things work out, there is a nice pub there that does both good hot chocolate and cold booze.

Pm me next week and let me know you two get on.

syd; sorry if he's mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭happyman81

Are there amateur drama groups in Cork? Great place to meet girls... and savage looking ones, at that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

mawk wrote: »
    congratulations jogdish, there is a girl right there!

press the PM button, two of ye chat back and forth a little and if ye like what ye hear, go for a walk tomorrow evening while its nice out. maybe around the lough? feed the birds.

its only a 15 minute walk so if there aint no spark its not a mad commitment like dinner and if things work out, there is a nice pub there that does both good hot chocolate and cold booze.

Pm me next week and let me know you two get on.

syd; sorry if he's mental.

Small problem, Hes looking for calinis in cork, not dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

booboo88 wrote: »
    Small problem, Hes looking for calinis in cork, not dublin?

fair enough point.

alright jogy, looks like you're going to have to substitute booboo88 for sydneylover. but thats ok. she seems like a catch too.

jesus, you're fairly beating them off with a stick now for someone claiming trouble finding girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

mawk wrote: »
    fair enough point.

alright jogy, looks like you're going to have to substitute booboo88 for sydneylover. but thats ok. she seems like a catch too.

jesus, you're fairly beating them off with a stick now for someone claiming trouble finding girls

oh cheers, way to make a girl feel special:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

A few of these threads have popped up lately, perhaps boards.ie could set up a 'Boardsies Dating' section. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

make you way to funderland on Centre Park Road. Just saw a bus of ladies being dropped off down there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rawz

Jogdish,

It really depends on what you're looking for. It may be difficult to form anything like a friendship with a girl at the club, simply because 75% of the venue is so loud or crowded that having a meaningful conversation would be just too uncomfortable or labored. Some girls go to the club simply to dance with their "girlies", and some are there with friends with the possibility of going home with a guy. This is definitely not to say that I haven't met cool girls at the club before, but people are different and you'll have to just test the waters a bit.

I definitely would not recommend going to Cubin's Nightclub to meet girls you'd like to be friends with, and the age requirement is 18's around the week. My favorite club I'd say is Havana-Browns, and the age requirement there is 18 only on Tuesdays, and 21's and 23's on other party nights of the week. Connected to Havana's and underneath it actually is a bar/pub called Rearden's, where you will typically see groups of people (varied age) drinking and theres a dance floor and whatnot. Some groups of younger-ish people drink a few down below and then go upstairs to get their dance on, so this could be pursuitworthy.

Across the street is the Washington Inn, where I personally have seen varied ages and have met some very interesting people, and many people go to "the Wash" as a stop before they go to the club, and it's usually fairly easy to identify the girls who are on that train, so to speak. Would recommend, but it also tends to get so crowded on main party nights that it would be uncomfortable/too loud to have a meaningful conversation but worth a shot.

On the other side of the courthouse on the same side of the street lies The Bailey, where I'd say is the best option to meet a variety of people. The music played there is far from top-charts which is nice but can be also sort of wtf? As the night progresses it usually becomes quite crowded inside and the entire first floor is usually dancing about, but it really just depends when you go. The Bailey usually discontinues accepting new customers at 12:30-1am on a more crowded night so have that in mind.

If you're a college student, I've had good experiences at UCC's New Bar, since I go to UCC as well its fairly easy to strike up a conversation beyond "who are you and what do you do," but it can be a bit empty at times.

All of these descriptions are based on my stay in Cork that began roughly 3 months ago (study abroad@UCC), so I am probably not the best judge but I've gone out on the town looking to meet people every chance I get, which amounts to about twice a week on average. I would choose the environment that suits what you're trying to accomplish by meeting a girl and decide from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

The Bailey and Havanas have a very similar crowd if you don't like them try the Bowery near Hillbillys, The Bodega across from TK Maxx or the Crane Lane near the post office. All spots that would be good for meeting girls in their twenties at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Try mangans

Advertisement