Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Bressie over-rated?

• 30-03-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

What has he actually achieved apart from a few hits in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

What has he actually achieved apart from a few hits in Ireland?

Were you just watching the late late? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I actually feel quite proud to say that I don't know a thing about 'Bressie' :P

What kind of a fecking name is that anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Totally.

I liked him in The Blizzards, other than that I don't see the attraction :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I actually feel quite proud to say that I don't know a thing about 'Bressie' :P

What kind of a fecking name is that anyway?

His last name is Breslin, it's a nickname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

He is an absolute ride!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

His music is woeful. Music for the mainstream public who don't know anything outside of Nikki Minaj and Drake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Never even heard of him until now, so never rated him good or bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I have heard him joked about, but thought he was a TV presenter or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

He's on that woeful Voice of Ireland show, that's all I can tell you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

over-rated to be judge on the voice of ireland? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

I never heard of him until he was on the Irish voice or whatever it's called and girls started having orgasms all over their Facebook walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

He should have never left The Blizzards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

He isn't overrated, in fact he isn't rated at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

He's a good lookin' guy but nothing to get overly excited about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I liked him in The Blizzards

I never realised who he was for the past couple of months until I read this.

I literally heard about him for the first time this morning via women I'm friends with complementing photos that were put up in his Facebook page, they haven't posted any of his music though so I've no idea if he's any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Terrible music from the blizzards, but RTÉ needs some sort of pinup hunk to attract that fanny market too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The guy is hardly rated as it is so how could he be possibly be over rated. He gets the women moist.

These threads read like the Georgia Shelpa ones where you have women having a go at her because she is probably more beautiful and successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Was he on the LLS? He's defintely not rated so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

How can somebody I've never heard of be overrated?

Irish celebrities don't really count as celebrities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Meh, I remember when he was just in another teen band then they had a bit of radio play and he turned into a knob other than that what has he done well got the attention of the festival goers and pop fans.. ahem teen girlos who usually only listen to English and American pop, made contacts, has a job he can always go back to when he becomes passe and that's about it, as far as musicians go he's not someone who will go down in the history books but as far as Irish musicians go he seems to be hardworking but the rest is down to taste with that kind of music aimed at young audiences, compared to other musicians I have encountered he's not stuck in some rut of a pub every night talking about his next EP that will never come out, and then there are the folk who had top selling singles, headline gigs and now don't and those who are trying to produce/write/anything and failing so compared to them he's done alright and I respect that and I have heard a lot worse and I wouldn't say over rated as its pop its a bit of fun, its meant to be naff, cheesy, booby and not over analysed or put up against really well respected bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

WHO?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

He's the Craig Doyle of the Irish music scene.

Good looking and a decent bloke. Not exceptionally talented in their lines of work but will get work nonetheless.

Still I'd say he pulls whatever he likes.

Fair play to the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He's a filthy roide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I wouldn't say he's overrated, he wouldn't have needed the Voice of Ireland to become popular if he was. In defence of the man, it takes a ballsy chap to give up a more than promising career in Irish rugby to follow aspirations of being a singer in a band. The Blizzards were good fun, saw them live a couple of times, always a good show and the lyrics might have been a bit throwaway but it takes talent to write a catchy tune, which they had more than one of.

The modern day Bressie seems a sound lad, despite the fact he's good looking and mega popular at the mo. He could be an awful pr!ck but always comes across well in interviews, very humble. Don't watch the Voice but find his new solo stuff ok. A lot better than some of the ghostwritten, auto tuned shyte in the charts today.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

who is bressie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I listened to a song by The Blizzards once. My ears bled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Apologies for my lack of knowledge on z-list celebs but is this bressie guy the goofy guy that was in the irish Apprentice show a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Nodin wrote: »
    I have heard him joked about, but thought he was a TV presenter or something.

Yeah thought he was the one who made it BIG as a RTE 'personality' from the travel show a few years back with three student **** acting the maggot on a shoestring (The shoestring liberally supplied by RTE and us,... I do bitter)

Evidently Im wrong as he wasnt musical. Anyhows!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I've never heard of him so I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭_petulia_

All I know Bressie from is The Voice so he can't have done that much before. Yes, he is way overrated, in all respects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Celebrity forum please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement