Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Limerick

Options
  • 30-03-2012 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Well lads, Im looking to do some fishing in limerick near castletroy. Where would you recommend the best course fishing waterway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Pumphouse near Annacotty, Castleconnell, and O'Briens Bridge are all good coarse fishing spots on the Shannon near Limerick .

Of the three mentioned, I would suggest the latter, as there are some nice easy to fish beats there, and a good head of fish (Bream, Tench, Pike, Perch, Roach, Rudd)

Granted each spot is a bit away from Castletroy ( In order, roughly 4 miles, 8 miles and 11 miles) but I would prefer them to fishing the Shannon near Castletroy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

Hi,

I'm completely new to course fishing. What spots at O'Brien's Bridge would you recommend and what bait/methods/time of day do you recommend?

It would be a shame to not sit by the river on such a beautiful weekend!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joeyturbo

do you need a permit or license to fish these places?? if so where would i get them from?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

Plassey near Castletroy is famous for its course fishing,below whats known as the black bridge where the student village is,you can walk from the back of U.L. all the way downstream,many tourists usedto fish along that stretch for bream,pike,roach etc etc.
    lovely walk also.

Advertisement