Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What tattoos do you have/would like to get?

• 30-03-2012 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

I wonder sometimes when I see unusual tattoos on people what the story is behind them. I'd like to get one myself but I have never been able to think of something I'd love! If I did get one I'd probably end up despising it after a few weeks. :rolleyes:

Do you have any? Why did you get them?

Or do you hate tattoos and don't see the point in them?

We did a whole module on tattoos in college and where they originated from it turned out to be really interesting!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I do. Got it about a million years ago, well 14 I think. It's in a non-display area. I really have no idea why I got it.

I saw a girl during the week and her two arms and her chest were completely covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Have three. Want a lot more. Don't have the money..... :(

Also. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=358

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Horrible looking yokes on just about everybody.

Older you get worse looking they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

I think they can look really good if you have the right body for them. Nothing worse than a really fat girl with a massive tat across the end of her back and her arse crack poking out of a pair of jeans thats a few siZes too small!
    I'd love to get one done but I'm not brave enough. I'd be afraid that I'd regret it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

I remember a girl in my school got one on her foot. It was a quote about reaching for the moon etc etc and two of the words were spelled wrong. Kinda put me off them for a while!

• Advertisement

When I went to the states last summer, some girl had the Transformers symbol tattooed on her arm.

Not for me thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Ms. Pingui wrote: »
    Nothing worse than a really fat girl with a massive tat across the end of her back and her arse crack poking out of a pair of jeans thats a few siZes too small!
    Ah, the infamous Tramp Stamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I have two, XIII across the side of my calf (13 is my lucky number!) and my family motto in gothic writing on the inside of my forearm. I waited until I was 25 to get them and had thought about them for years, had to make sure I wasn't going to regret them! The only issue I have is the XIII is fairly small, wish I had got it bigger! But they are two things I would never get sick of.

My gf has a lil' devil on her back, she (and I) hate it! She got it done when she was on holidays at 16 and has regretted it. If you're in anyway unsure I'd wait a while. I'd love to get more done but they are so expensive and haven't found the right one to get done in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tebowfan

I'll never get a tattoo, there's nothing out there that I feel I need to imprint on my body for whatever reason.

I recently read a book by mma fighter Forrest Griffin who believes tattoos are bs and have to say I share his sentiments.

I'm gonna try emulate him as much as possible by hitting the gym for a start!

http://www.mmalinker.com/wiki/images/6/63/FG.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

tebowfan wrote: »
    I'll never get a tattoo, there's nothing out there that I feel I need to imprint on my body for whatever reason.

I recently read a book by mma fighter Forrest Griffin who believes tattoos are bs and have to say I share his sentiments.

I'm gonna try emulate him as much as possible by hitting the gym for a start!

http://www.mmalinker.com/wiki/images/6/63/FG.jpg

he looks like a dried out roast chicken :eek:

• Advertisement

tebowfan wrote: »

Hahahah love the face of the lady in the background. "Dat a$$" :pac:

I don't really judge anyone who has a tattoo. People get them for a reason so it's personal to them and if they like it who am I to judge. But gotta admit, there are some stinkers out there! The trick is research. A lot of it. The art/size, even the artist.
    efb wrote: »
    he looks like a dried out roast chicken :eek:

Do you know of any dried out roast chickens who could kick our a$$es? :pac:

It's probably dehydration before the weigh in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

chin_grin wrote: »

I don't really judge anyone who has a tattoo. People get them for a reason so it's personal to them and if they like it who am I to judge. But gotta admit, there are some stinkers out there! The trick is research. A lot of it. The art/size, even the artist.

Nice post, that's how it should be. Always get the feeling that people who don't like tattoos get fairly snotty about people who do. It's a choice. A lot of people see a body as a blank canvas. Not saying I do, but can understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

OP, send me a piture of yor Ma. I'll get it tatooed around me ringer. Evertime I sit down I'll be sitting on yor Ma's face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

every time i see someone with a tatoo i wonder what that person is gonna think about it when they're 40+. they are so ****in stupid.

OP, send me a piture of yor Ma. I'll get it tatooed around me ringer. Evertime I sit down I'll be sitting on yor Ma's face.

Just get an "L" on both cheeks. "W" works too.

Horrible looking yokes on just about everybody.

Older you get worse looking they get.

Meh. Life's short. Could get hit by a bus tomorrow!

Got five. Hate one cos it's pretty badly done but it's tinch so **** it. Realy I love love love tattoos.

Do you know of any dried out roast chickens who could kick our a$$es? :pac:

It's probably dehydration before the weigh in.

still looks uggy

still looks uggy

You're entitled to your opinion. Just as I know now you judge books by covers. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Three tattoos all very personal to me. Each one is a symbol which signifies a different milestone in my life. I may get more depending on the life goals I attain.

You're entitled to your opinion. Just as I know now you judge books by covers. :pac:

wizen leathery covers

• Advertisement

wizen leathery covers

Eugh. You've just reminded me of being on a beach (can't remember where) and seeing some leathery oul wan. She didn't have any tattoos but she looked like a prune modelled out of leather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Got two, love one, think I may edit the other. Each to their own but I like them for what they are, they don't have stories. I've watched LA Ink etc and the reasons some people give for getting a tattoo is just cringeworthy... I had a dog and one day she got covered in petrol and went near an open flame and exploded into a fireball, tripped and rolled down a hill. That's why I want a phoenix covering my entire back.

Tattoos that annoy me: Tiger/panther heads on men, dolphins/unicorns on women. Anyone with their kids names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Spiders web on the neck would be kinda cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Schwiiing wrote: »
    every time i see someone with a tatoo i wonder what that person is gonna think about it when they're 40+. ........

'Damn, thats good' and 'I wish I knew someone working in Dublin so I could get more'.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Have one on my shoulder... it was cool when i was 18... now at the tender age of 26 i'm looking at laser treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

I've got 3. Each one I planned for months. Years in the case of the last 2. They each mean something to me.
    2 are easily covered as theyre on my back/shoulder blade the one on my inner wrist is a daisy and I can't imagine covering it anyway.
    When I'm 40 I won't be thinking about crinkly ink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I was thinking of having my arm chromed but I'm worried that chrome is a bit 'noughties'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I got a redback spider and web on my shoulder. :p

It will be coming off when I get the chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement