Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This was my youth !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 31-03-2012 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

1995 Volkswagen Jetta III GT

Engine Type: SOHC four cylinder

Displacement: 2.0L

Engine Mods: ABD 260-degree cam with euro sport adjustable cam gear; custom Eurospeed intake manifold; Top Gun 150-horsepower direct port nitrous system; K&N air filter; Nology 10mm spark plug wires; Bosal Brospeed header; Sebring Tuning cat-back stainless exhaust system with dual carbon fiber DTM tips; Optima battery, Hose Techniques red silicone hoses; Weapon R - battery cover and radiator cover; DC Sports oil filler cap

Engine Management: AMS chip

Drivetrain: four-speed automatic

Suspension: H&R coilovers; Eibach upper strut tower brace and front and rear anti-swaybars

Brakes: Brembo Brakes - four piston front calipers with 13.5-inch rotors and two piston rear calipers with 12.5-inch rotors and stainless steel brake lines

Wheels: Konig Tantrum 19x8 (color-matched)

Tires: Pirelli P7000 SuperSport 215/35ZR19

Exterior Mods: Wings West RS Racing Series four-piece body kit, Commando style trunk wing with CHMSL, custom "blade" carbon fiber front splitter; Vento European-spec fender flares; Hagus Sport mirrors; custom Modern Image The Fast and the Furious graphics; Hella dual round head light conversion with tinted lenses; Catz FET XLO driving lights with hyper white bulbs

Interior Mods: Sparco steering wheel and Supersport seats; RCI four-point cam lock shoulder harnesses; AutoPower rollcage and video camera mount; Stitchcraft Interiors custom leather door panels and rear back seat; Razo Titanium pedal set and carbon fiber shift knob; ABD dead pedal; Gauge Works dual A-pillar pod with Auto Meter oil pressure and fuel pressure (for nitrous system) gauges; NR Auto white gauge faces; Sherwood Dash carbon fiber dash kit and custom carbon fiber trim pieces

Mobiletronics: Alpine Electronics CVA-1000 head unit, CHA-5604 6 disc changer, CHA-1214 12 disc changer, SWR-304E 12-inch subwoofers (2), MRV-1502 amplifier (2), MRV-F505 amplifier, ERA-G320 audio processor, SEC-8205 alarm system, NVA-N751AS navigation system and sub woofer controller; Clarion VCR; Sony PlayStation; Cascade Audio power supply

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Wow you had a car. I'm impressed.

EDIT: What colour was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Eh... well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Wow.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

most important question - did you have jiggy jiggy in the back seat??

Yes that definitely makes up for your penis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

everybody look at me i had a car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

I'm pumped just from reading that.

Amazing OP, you're an inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

and now some skanger has wrecked it with a mank paint job and an engine that sounds like a bronchitis patient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

SCCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sacramento wrote: »
    Yes that definitely makes up for your penis.

Not big enough to draw the attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

I had a deadly red one, but it always hurt my nails trying to get the bonnet open.. And if you turned the steering wheel, the front wheels moved.. But that was hard, cause you couldnt get two fingers in the door to turn it..

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Nice one OP you from Donegal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tebowfan

spam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

and now some skanger has wrecked it with a mank paint job and an engine that sounds like a bronchitis patient

It was already wrecked when he stuck all the shyte plastic 'mods' on.

I don't understand Irelands fascination with modded cars. I cycled from London to Wales last summer and saw maybe 5 'boy racer' cars the entire time, got off the ferry in Rosslare and saw 5 shyte heaps with stupid spoilers and oversized exhausts in the first 10 minutes on the road... They look and sound sooo stupid I can't understand why you'd want to be seen behind the wheel unless giving spotty 17 year old lads a hard on is something you aspire to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Did you wear a baseball cap at a rakish angle while driving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Buy a **** car and spend a fortune putting tacky mods onto it, or buy a car that is good to begin with..... tough choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Wrong section of boards OP. Try over in Motors.

This is the thanks whore section of boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

kincsem wrote: »
    Did you wear a baseball cap at a rakish angle while driving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I had Pokemon. I win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OP, sounds like you need to take a vagina to the cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

It was already wrecked when he stuck all the shyte plastic 'mods' on.

I don't understand Irelands fascination with modded cars. I cycled from London to Wales last summer and saw maybe 5 'boy racer' cars the entire time, got off the ferry in Rosslare and saw 5 shyte heaps with stupid spoilers and oversized exhausts in the first 10 minutes on the road... They look and sound sooo stupid I can't understand why you'd want to be seen behind the wheel unless giving spotty 17 year old lads a hard on is something you aspire to...

it's not an irish thing. every half arsed town in england has it's bunch of boy racers that'll drive around the b&q car park on friday nights.
    there was a load of them in the local tesco about an hour ago doing their little bit of panic petrol buying.

by the way OP. a DC sports oil filler cap?? WWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWW

voz es wrote: »
    1995 Volkswagen Jetta III GT.........

they were called Vento' here in 1995, Jetta were before 1991 iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 bundyboy

SAD SAD id say you went down to killarney for the rally of the lakes driving round the town in circles. was it worth getting the nct for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

voz es wrote: »
    1995 Volkswagen Jetta III GT

Engine Type: SOHC four cylinder

Displacement: 2.0L

Engine Mods: ABD 260-degree cam with euro sport adjustable cam gear; custom Eurospeed intake manifold; Top Gun 150-horsepower direct port nitrous system; K&N air filter; Nology 10mm spark plug wires; Bosal Brospeed header; Sebring Tuning cat-back stainless exhaust system with dual carbon fiber DTM tips; Optima battery, Hose Techniques red silicone hoses; Weapon R - battery cover and radiator cover; DC Sports oil filler cap

Engine Management: AMS chip

Drivetrain: four-speed automatic

Suspension: H&R coilovers; Eibach upper strut tower brace and front and rear anti-swaybars

Brakes: Brembo Brakes - four piston front calipers with 13.5-inch rotors and two piston rear calipers with 12.5-inch rotors and stainless steel brake lines

Wheels: Konig Tantrum 19x8 (color-matched)

Tires: Pirelli P7000 SuperSport 215/35ZR19

Exterior Mods: Wings West RS Racing Series four-piece body kit, Commando style trunk wing with CHMSL, custom "blade" carbon fiber front splitter; Vento European-spec fender flares; Hagus Sport mirrors; custom Modern Image The Fast and the Furious graphics; Hella dual round head light conversion with tinted lenses; Catz FET XLO driving lights with hyper white bulbs

Interior Mods: Sparco steering wheel and Supersport seats; RCI four-point cam lock shoulder harnesses; AutoPower rollcage and video camera mount; Stitchcraft Interiors custom leather door panels and rear back seat; Razo Titanium pedal set and carbon fiber shift knob; ABD dead pedal; Gauge Works dual A-pillar pod with Auto Meter oil pressure and fuel pressure (for nitrous system) gauges; NR Auto white gauge faces; Sherwood Dash carbon fiber dash kit and custom carbon fiber trim pieces

Mobiletronics: Alpine Electronics CVA-1000 head unit, CHA-5604 6 disc changer, CHA-1214 12 disc changer, SWR-304E 12-inch subwoofers (2), MRV-1502 amplifier (2), MRV-F505 amplifier, ERA-G320 audio processor, SEC-8205 alarm system, NVA-N751AS navigation system and sub woofer controller; Clarion VCR; Sony PlayStation; Cascade Audio power supply

What colour was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

150bhp with a nitrous shot? That's not a whole lot, I got 165bhp out of one of those 8v engines without nitrous, revved like a bastard, awesome little car.

It was grey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Let me guess OP. And this is a complete shot in the dark mind you.

Did you grow up in a rural Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

EDIT: What colour was it?
    What colour was it?

been done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Think you need to visit the motors forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement