Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house break in dublin north and dublin 9

Options
  • 31-03-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

People just to make you aware there is a new scam in town seem to be in the beaumont area this week ,traveller kid looks for sponsorship beware this is a scam and they kill 2 birds with the one stone hence getting your cash for free and seeing if your home is a easy target for a break in
    By sending there kids most would never think anything of it if a house gets broke into the next day as there kids calling not adults,I have heard some people say when they go in to get the money the kid comes in the door and stands in the hall looking around also they change what they want from area to area and tell people they live on the road next to them,this is all lies and part of the scam and makes the poeple feel safe as its a local kid just wanting sponsorship if they come to your door ask them questions you will soon notice they wont wanna stay around and answer .another front seems to be a dropping ads in doors one day i had a guy putting a add in my postbox only to find after he comes and looks in my front window funny thing was he them was greeted with my face looking at him, he gave me a big fake wave and was on his way what gave the scam away was he did not put any more adds in the rest of the houses as he new his game was up ,also the add he put in he had picked up at the local tesco and prob got maybe 50 to make it look like it was just putting adds in when that was just a front

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

tbh i wouldn't call it a new scam.

but i nice to know they are around again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Any further description of them kids? Which part of Beaumont? North or South of Beaumont Road? Just wondering, I'm living in the area. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Why anyone would let them stand into the hall is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Did they rob your punctuation and Shift keys too?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Esel wrote: »
    Did they rob your punctuation and Shift keys too?

You're here long enough to know better than that.. Warning issued.

Advertisement