Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 DLC game

Options
  • 31-03-2012 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

Saw today online in an article that the euro 12 game is going to be dlc. Personally I think this is good news, 3 fifa's in one year would have been too much all to be disc games, imo... A definite buy for me, should be good craic playing as Ireland in the group of death. Its only 1800 ms, which is about 20 euro, so the price is sweet too. April 36 cant come soon enough!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will it be available for vita too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭choobles

buyer95 wrote: »
    Saw today online in an article that the euro 12 game is going to be dlc. Personally I think this is good news, 3 fifa's in one year would have been too much all to be disc games, imo... A definite buy for me, should be good craic playing as Ireland in the group of death. Its only 1800 ms, which is about 20 euro, so the price is sweet too. April 36 cant come soon enough!

Thats a great idea. Previous Euro games have always felt a bit like overkill to me personally. DLC is a great way of doing it. I'm more inclined to get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Its only 1800 ms, which is about 20 euro, so the price is sweet too. April 36 cant come soon enough!

Might be waiting a while :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

deise_boi wrote: »
    Might be waiting a while :eek::D

Lol, sorry, I guess one of the side effects of staying up till half 4 is retarded typing. If anyone got confused by this I meant 24 of April!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Been trying to summarize this expansion pack in order to assess whether it'd be worth getting, thought it share what I know (please add if you know more):
    • All 53 UEFA member national teams (28 new, 25 we already have on the disc)
    • all eight official stadiums in the tournament
    • "pageantry and atmosphere"
    • UEFA EURO 2012™ tournament
    • a live service will drive real-life storylines into the game (similar to the Coke Zero Story of Qualifying & Story of Finals in the WC2010 game... basically new updates of scenarios that happen during the tournament for you to play and recreate eg. ireland just gone 2 nil down against Spain with 60 mins gone, you take over and the aim is to either draw or win or whatever)
    • Expedition mode - choose your favourite European player or FIFA 12 Virtual Pro to captain their customised team, win matches to earn better players from defeated nations, and then defeat the best nations to earn the best players in a campaign quest to defeat all 53 countries and complete the journey to conquer Europe. (cool, beat a team and steal their players.. RPG-lite?!)
    • The players database in Euro is separate from the players database in FIFA.
    • Unique Euro commentary
    • the latest squads

Bad points:
    • Unfortunately online team play is not available in Euro.
    • uses same engine, so the same gameplay/style

20 euro.

EDIT: Here are the new teams we will be getting:
    Albania
    Andorra
    Armenia
    Azerbaijan
    Belarus
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Estonia
    Faroe Islands
    Georgia
    Iceland
    Israel
    Kazakhstan
    Latvia
    Liechtenstein
    Lithuania
    Luxembourg
    Macedonia
    Malta
    Moldova
    Montenegro
    Romania
    San Marino
    Serbia
    Slovakia
    Ukraine
    Wales

Here are the teams we already have on the disc (be it maybe older jerseys/squads/ratings):
    Austria
    Belgium
    Bulgaria
    Croatia
    Denmark
    England
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Hungary
    Republic of Ireland
    Italy
    Netherlands
    Northern Ireland
    Norway
    Poland
    Portugal
    Russia
    Scotland
    Slovenia
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Turkey

• Advertisement

In expedition mode, as mentioned earlier, you choose one player to captain your team. The rest of your team will be made up of reserves randomly selected from all the European teams. When you beat a country more countries are unlocked to play against. The interface is a map of Europe and when you win a game you can build a 'road' between two countries you have already unlocked... to unlock and play against another country that country must be somewhere along the 'road' on the map that you created (muddled enough?).
    When you beat a country once you get to have a player from their reserves (ffs), twice and you get one from their subs and a third time and you get one from the starting 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

From thegamershub.net:

Fifa 12 released last year to a warm reception from both fans and critics alike; since it’s release EA haven’t supported it with DLC, but due to the upcoming Euro 2012 tournament in June, EA have decided to make a add-on for Fifa 12 with all the Euro 2012 content. This is different to how EA usually work as they usually release a full game at retail based on the tournament. Perhaps the change of tact comes from just how fantastic an engine and user base Fifa 12 has.

While downloading the add-on, we noticed that it features a trial version, and once bought you’ll get a key to unlock the full title. Whilst this is commonplace for many games on PSN, it seems odd for a piece of DLC to contain such a distribution method. We don’t know exactly what is in the trial, as we currently have the full version, but we can assume it’s gives you a chance to try out some features of the full add-on. It’s quite odd for an add-on to get a demo but it’s nice that people can give it a go before downloading.

The add-on weighs in at 672mb, and it will release April 24th worldwide on PSN, XBL, and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Anyone planning on getting euro2012 tomorrow?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm half tempted too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have to say, it's a much better system, but the price of FIFA has been kept higher as a result! FIFA is normally never this expensive 6+ months after launch!

• Advertisement

I got the free trial, looks good so far. How long will the trial last I don't want to go to far in it then lose what Ive done because I have to buy the game proper then?

For people debating wether to get euro 2012, Id say get it, just for the expidition mode its worth the money.

For people debating wether to get euro 2012, Id say get it, just for the expidition mode its worth the money.

do you not think the gameplay feels very chunky and slow??

How big is the free trial?

same as full version!

about 650mb give or take up to 50mb

657mb. GIve it go I think its worth the few quid.

mystic86 wrote: »

do you not think the gameplay feels very chunky and slow??

No can't say I do. Have you played much of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Read a review saying that many of the new teams are unlicenced, even Ukraine which seems very unusual.

Read a review saying that many of the new teams are unlicenced, even Ukraine which seems very unusual.

ya all the players have different names ;s seems like a bit of a half assed joke of dlc tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

think ill give this a miss but i do like that its dlc and not a disc release !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its a shame because euro 2008 was a good game

think ill give this a miss but i do like that its dlc and not a disc release !

Why? :confused:

Before we would get a new game for E50 with a different engine to the previous FIFA.

Now we get DLC for E20 using the same engine making it completely pointless since you have to own FIFA 12 anyway.

I'd rather have paid E50 for a new game, then E20 for a different feel to something I already own.

First time they won't get money out of me, so I'm hoping this fails and we get a new game from WC 14 on as before this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Say what you will about it being just a few new menu graphics and updated kits, the online tournament is very addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I got it yesterday, its enjoyable enough, and realistically it could be a while before ireland qualifies for a major tournament again, its great craic going into battle at the euros with Ireland. I got out of the group, with a 2-1 win over Croatia, 0-1 loss to Spain(played 5 in midfield, they stole it at the death). I drew with Italy 1-1, which sent me through because of my superior goal difference over Italy! England up next in the quarters.

Havnt tried the expedition mode yet, but I hear good things. Some people wont get this game because of the price, and thats fair enough, but for me, it has added months more of replay value to fifa 12!

Excuse why I try to crush Rooney and co!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

I've bought it now so too late to take that back/consider the purchase and such, but to my mind it's very like FIFA 10 in it's gameplay. There's a smidgen of the tactical defending at play but it doesn't feel anywhere near as deliberate, and to a degree, precise, as this year's iteration. There's a much higher tempo, and collisions and tackles are a lot more fluid. It doesn't benefit from this fluidity when you're trying to sort out possession. I really like the Expedition mode and it's nice to change it up a bit online with a faster speed of play, but purely judged on quality, I'd hesitate to recommend it. If you've got the cash and Expedition mode appeals to you, fire away. If not, it's no great loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Does anyone know if there's a free trial for this on PC? I can't seem to be able to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Why? :confused:

Before we would get a new game for E50 with a different engine to the previous FIFA.

It's a bit of a joke releasing two different versions of Fifa within the same year. Having to shell out €50 on a game that only contains the international competitions and challenges? No thanks. I much prefer the DLC route.

Has anyone played much of this lately?

I love the expidition mode, I've 100 of the 180 mosaic pieces collected. It's really addictive.

I love the expidition mode, I've 100 of the 180 mosaic pieces collected. It's really addictive.

I'm confused,can you play the group stage matches?as ireland?

• Advertisement

I'm confused,can you play the group stage matches?as ireland?

Yeah of course you can, you having problems with it?

Advertisement