Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Anyone?

• 31-03-2012 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm going to try get a game of football going on a Thursday or Friday evening (whatever day would suit people better). I'm hoping to get it up and running in the next few weeks and I was thinking of the new pitches in UL as a venue. Seen as we are coming into the summer, it will be nice to get a game outside.

I know the last time we had a boards game going, we had trouble getting numbers most weeks but I have a few lads that I play regularly with that are willing to play too. Would ye be interested in getting a game up and running again in the next few weeks? Everyone is welcome, the more names, the better.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Colemania

Definitely be interested for the summer. I won't be free til the middle of May though as I have my final year exams in college. The new UL pitches are kind of expensive i think, in comparison to an indoor court. LIT's astro turf isn't the best but its free, when there's no bookings of course and I've been going there with friends for years and there's never anyone on it at weekends or before 6 on weekdays. It's a bit sandy and the goals are indoor size goals but its free so we can't complain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭d1980

count me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Hi lads, just bumping this thread. We are playing in UL for the summer months. There are places for Tuesdays game 29/05/12 if anyone is interested? I'm changing the Tuesday game to Friday from next week on so if anyone is interested, let me know. It's from 8-9. Just a heads up on the game, it's a good game, there are no superstars playing, there is people of all fitness levels so there is a good mix. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ya i'd be up for it. Indoor courts or the new astro turf and how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Colemania wrote: »
    Ya i'd be up for it. Indoor courts or the new astro turf and how much?

Sent you a PM Colemania.

If anyone else is interested, send me a PM.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement