Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help choosing a foundation for previously oily now dry skin

• 31-03-2012 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies, ok I am really struggling to get the right foundation.
    So I like foundation that looks like second skin - but with a bit of coverage for night time. God I want it all eh. lol.
    Anyway the problem is that while I use to have combination skin, I then was on a 3 month course of antibiotics for acne and so now I have very dry skin.
    The acne has improved but now I have very dry skin (and scars).

So I use to wear Lancome teint miracle but now its not enough. I can see the scars and its a little oily on me.

I got a sample of the new Estee Lauder invisible fluid and while it is a beautiful foundation it is not enough coverage at all for me.

I also tried Lancome teint idole and its too heavy for me.

Maybe I should ignore the dryness issue as it will be resolved soon? (not taking anymore antibiotics) So I guess I need a foundation for combination skin, that will look natural but give good coverage too, or a little at least.

So what do you recommend?

PS it does not have to be an expensive?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Heya!

I am a big advocate of Estee Lauder Double Wear but really wouldnt recommend for skin that is in anyway dry...I have combination skin with some red, darker skin from scarring around my chin and I find Vichy Dermablend great, its not at all cakey and doesnt dry out the skin and it definitely covers any scarring. Make sure you use a brush, foundation or stipple when applying it and a little goes a very long way. best of luck!

Forgot to say, its €21 so not too steep and like I said will last

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

I am a Makeup Artist and in my Makeup Kit I use for weddings Photoshoots, I have to have Foundation for all kinds of skin..... The best thing for Dry skin is a Cream Foundation. Not liquid.

I would HIGHLY Recommend Mehron HD Foundation. It is not expensive at all and a little goes a looong way. You can only get it online from Makeup Artist suppliers, but anyone can buy it, if you want the website, let me know and I will PM it to you!

P.S. On dryer days than normal, mix any foundation with some facial moisturizer and it will help, just layer it until you get the coverage you want!

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭sporina

I am a Makeup Artist and in my Makeup Kit I use for weddings Photoshoots, I have to have Foundation for all kinds of skin..... The best thing for Dry skin is a Cream Foundation. Not liquid.

I would HIGHLY Recommend Mehron HD Foundation. It is not expensive at all and a little goes a looong way. You can only get it online from Makeup Artist suppliers, but anyone can buy it, if you want the website, let me know and I will PM it to you!

P.S. On dryer days than normal, mix any foundation with some facial moisturizer and it will help, just layer it until you get the coverage you want!

Hope this helps!

hi thanks for that - yes do PM me the website if you don't mind.. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spacecookie555

Hey Op a friend of mine has very dry skin and previously had eczema(which has since calmed down) but she has scars from it. She had the same problem and what she does is she gets that cien day cream from lidl and then uses a concealor over her scars, then puts either dream matte mousse by maybeline or rimmel 25hour lasting foundation and she always looks flawless in my opinion, its a very even finish.
    The very good news aswel is the cien cream is only €2.19 but was number 1 for skincare product in a recent survey by a topmagazine. The mousse is only like €7.95 and the rimmel is also under a tenner. So even if youd like to try those things they wont break the bank!! Hope this helps!

Hey Op a friend of mine has very dry skin and previously had eczema(which has since calmed down) but she has scars from it. She had the same problem and what she does is she gets that cien day cream from lidl and then uses a concealor over her scars, then puts either dream matte mousse by maybeline or rimmel 25hour lasting foundation and she always looks flawless in my opinion, its a very even finish.
    The very good news aswel is the cien cream is only €2.19 but was number 1 for skincare product in a recent survey by a topmagazine. The mousse is only like €7.95 and the rimmel is also under a tenner. So even if youd like to try those things they wont break the bank!! Hope this helps!

wow thanks for that - you know I have actually been using Ovelle Aqueous cream and so now my dry skin is really not such an issue. I must sample the maybeline mousse. Sounds good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jen84

Try jojoba oil for the dryness! About €7 in health shop. Its non comedogenic so wont give acne problems. I get acne & really dry skin so its pretty tough as you have to use all oil free products for the acne. I've been using cliniques even better foundation(€28.50, I bought it based on reading alot of good internet reviews) the last couple years which I love and just got the tinted moisturiser which is good too for summer. Definately work on getting the skin moisturised well ( massage well into face and add jojoba oil to dry patches) before applying foundation.Foundation looks awful on dry patches. I actually put jojoba oil on my patches even when I'm in the bath cos the heat really dries out my skin

my skin in improved ten fold.. but i am not sure what it is down to.

I have been using jojoba oil to take make up off, but I have also started using rosehip oil as a moisturiser at night time. I think it is brilliant.

My skin has changed big time in the past few weeks. No more acne or dryness. I am still looking into foundations and mositurisers.. I have loads of samples of foundation.

I think I will try some clinique foundations as I haven not done so yet.

Thanks for the tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jen84

sporina wrote: »
    my skin in improved ten fold.. but i am not sure what it is down to.

I have been using jojoba oil to take make up off, but I have also started using rosehip oil as a moisturiser at night time. I think it is brilliant.

My skin has changed big time in the past few weeks. No more acne or dryness. I am still looking into foundations and mositurisers.. I have loads of samples of foundation.

I think I will try some clinique foundations as I haven not done so yet.

Thanks for the tip

I might give the rosehip oil a go myself!! :) Yeah I like clinique as its hypoallergenic and I have really sensitive skin. I find alot of the oil free foundations can be very drying so not great for people with acne that get dry patches too but I find clinique have a nice bit of moisture as well as being oil free. So deffo pick up some samples of it!

Advertisement