Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Kennels shut down for 12 months in UK over death.

• 31-03-2012 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

"The owners of a luxury canine hotel were banned from keeping animals today after a dog died from being neglected and starved while in their care. Collie-cross Izzie died 11 days after checking into Burlington Green Acres in Somerset - described as a 'loving home from home' run by Bernadette and Nicholas Fitzgerald-Roberts. The nine-year-old pet collapsed with convulsions and suffered from an open wound infested with maggots".

I would think 12 months wasn't enough, but I guess the bad publicity would make up for it. I wouldn't leave any dog with these places unless I personally knew the owners or had references from others that had left dogs there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2122986/Owners-luxury-canine-hotel-banned-keeping-animals-starving-neglecting-animal-died-care.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

i believe public naming and shaming of those guilty of mistreating animals is the best form of punishment. they should have their mugshots with the article though

Advertisement