Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband

Options
  • 31-03-2012 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Anyone in the east of the city having problem with the speed of UPC's broadband. I'm down to less than 1Mb down on an advertised 25Mb package on a saturday morning ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Not here (east side too), 24.6 download and 2.5 upload, that's normal speeds...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you didn't try this already, switch it off for 2 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Very poor in both the city centre and west of the city too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

No issues on the Dublin road anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭primrose_lily

It went down during the week all throughout salthill, no internet and i heard others had no tv (we dont have a tv in the house so it didnt bother us in that way). Even last night it went down so i turned the box off for a few mins and turned it back on. Seemed to do the job. The speed is fine for me.
    Vodafone is way worse!! Had it in the family home up dangan and it is a nightmare, i dont know how it hasnt been thrown against a wall yet. UPC is way faster tho thats the upside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Im having nightmares with mine (mervue) im paying for a 30 mb and 12 is the highest i get. Those of you with good speeds are you using an ethernet or wireless connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

East side here, never goes over 7mb when its supposed be 25mb. It was down for an hour on wednesday evening. Occasional drops in connection

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Asmodean wrote: »
    Im having nightmares with mine (mervue) im paying for a 30 mb and 12 is the highest i get. Those of you with good speeds are you using an ethernet or wireless connection?

Wireless, using the Thomson router supplied by UPC. Paying for 25mb and getting over 24mb almost without exception. No complaints here thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Asmodean wrote: »

I wouldn't bother measuring the speed on a wireless connection. If you want to know the real speed, plug it in. I doubt UPC would listen to you otherwise.

Advertisement