Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business in Poland

Options
  • 31-03-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi All,

A friend and I are looking for info on starting up a business in Poland. We have found a niche in the market and would like to take advantage of this. We already know that in Poland there are no big problems or procedures in starting uup a business unlike here. We have a good business plan in place but require any further info we can get. I.e would it be an option to be an internet based business and recruit Polish nationals as we do not have an immediate need for a "HQ".

Any further info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Chelsea1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

We already know that in Poland there are no big problems or procedures in starting uup a business unlike here.

W

Are you sure?

Its harder here than in Ireland, particularly for non nationals. You should double check your facts before you begin to spend cash. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chelsea1

Yes very sure. We have been working this out for quite a while now but just looking for some more feedback regarding this matter. Pro's Conn's Etc.

Thanks for your reply

Yes very sure. We have been working this out for quite a while now but just looking for some more feedback regarding this matter. Pro's Conn's Etc.

Thanks for your reply

Can you elaborate more, maybe I can offer some help. I started my business in Warsaw almost 1.5 years ago now.

Are either of you NIP registered?
    What type of business?
    Do you understand Labour Laws in Poland?
    Do you plan a LTD company?

There is very little opportunity in Poland to find a gap in the market as they are pretty advanced in closing all gaps. Better to find something and do it better than the rest, imo.

To be honest i would prefer not to divulge too much info regarding the type of business other than it is a service. Yes we have received detailed info regarding Labour Laws in Poland and have good links with Polish friends. And no we are not NIP registered yet because we havent attempted to start the business yet before we have ample info.

Cheers

W

To be honest i would prefer not to divulge too much info regarding the type of business other than it is a service. Yes we have received detailed info regarding Labour Laws in Poland and have good links with Polish friends. And no we are not NIP registered yet because we havent attempted to start the business yet before we have ample info.

Cheers

W

You may find it hard to get any advice then :-)

FYI it can take you up to 3 -4 months to register the business in Poland, but only after you register your self for tax. Maybe you are better register as a business in Ireland and simply hire self employed staff in Poland to contract the work to your irish registered business. It will save you going through the slow process of dealing with a very old Polish system. Your employees will be better off too.

The problem you will find in Poland (or anywhere I guess) is that unless you start something new and unique in a big enough way to stop a copycat with a lot more cash taking advantage of your "secret idea" you will ultimatly fail to win ground.

People think Poland is the land of opportunity because it might be a little less advanced than Ireland. I can assure you that while infrastructure and government processes are a lot behind, business is very much more advanced over here.

You gotta move fast over here, there is still a lot of money to be made but usually only by the people with a lot of money :-)

Good luck though!

• Advertisement

I am married to a Polish national so I am well aware of Poland's currently economic situation etc. You hit the nail on the head by mentioning to start up a business over here and hiring Polish workers. Our business however requires an specific expertise which i am sure some Polish have acquired through Military or Police training. We just want to see how the Polish in general feel about "foreigners" starting up a business, although we plan to hire Poles. What is your background? Are you Polish?

W

No Im a Paddy!

Multinational businesses are the norm in places like Warsaw so workers are used to working for and with expats.

I have had bad experience with a Polish Management team, they argue about everything and your business can very quickly become a political battle field. Thats just my experience.

The best way to hire the best workers are to hire self employed, these people usually work harder and longer than regular employees, they are financially better off as is your business.

I do not have any snr Polish managers anymore, I have Irish, English and German and the business is finally going in the right direction.

PM me if you need any advice, but without specifics I can not really offer much input.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

in Poland there are no big problems or procedures in starting uup a business unlike here.
    OP this is not really for you but I wanted to just pick up on this, in case people read this and believe it.

There are no big 'problems or produres' in starting up a business in Ireland. It's very straightforward.

@OP: Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Chonker wrote: »

The best way to hire the best workers are to hire self employed, these people usually work harder and longer than regular employees, they are financially better off as is your business.

Chr1st No! self-employed people have their own mindsets about how a business should be run...that's why they are self-employed!

Advertisement