Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line physically down in garden

Options
  • 31-03-2012 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭

There is a telephone wire down across our back garden.
    It's also all across the neighbour's garden.

I have called Eircom several times and nothing has been done. There seems to be a general unwillingness to do anything because our house does not have an Eircom landline and phone number. Every time I call, I am put through to the repair team who say "Yeah, we'll sort that' and then nothing happens.

We'd love to be able to use our garden during the summer. At the moment it's difficult because there is a telephone wire in the way.

Is there any chance something could be done about it? It's been there since before Christmas. It's really infuriating.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Take photos and then you and the neighbour can remove it yourselves with a pliers. After 3 months it is a nuisance and you gave eircom every chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AlcatrazLogan

Have you tried contacting your local Council? They might be more inclined to do something.

Nothing to do with the council unless it is down on a road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

reallyrose wrote: »

I have called Eircom several times and nothing has been done. There seems to be a general unwillingness to do anything because our house does not have an Eircom landline and phone number. Every time I call, I am put through to the repair team who say "Yeah, we'll sort that' and then nothing happens.

We'd love to be able to use our garden during the summer. At the moment it's difficult because there is a telephone wire in the way.

Is there any chance something could be done about it? It's been there since before Christmas. It's really infuriating.

Hi reallyrose,

Can you PM me with your name and address and eircom account number if you are an eircom customer.

Also a mobile contact number please.

Thanks, Mark

She has no account number Mark...and she said so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    She has no account number Mark...and she said so.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
    she did indeed Sponge Bob. slipped up there, this is an automatic question for us I suppose..
    Tony

Hi reallyrose
    Not having an eircom line would not be the reason here. There may have been access problems or insufficient information captured to allow tech locate this issue. A photograph would certainly demonstrate the issue there if you included one in post, however what we really need is your exact address. As this is on private property, both your own and your neighbor's, we would need a mobile number as requested by Mark. If you think that the technician is likely to need to access neighbor's garden we may need permission from them also. Once I receive these details, I will contact line technician in your area and we will get this resolved. If no problem with access this should be done within 5 working days. If you can me PM this information I will arrange for you. If you were provided with a fault reference number previously and still have this I can see what happened last time you reported this.
    Tony

As far as I know a non customer will get nowhere logging a fault Tony which is why nobody came out since December. I reported a split pole about to fall on my road as a line fault once, no other way to do it.

40% of households are NOT eircom customers nowadays...up from a low of 10% at privatisation!

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    As far as I know a non customer will get nowhere logging a fault Tony which is why nobody came out since December. I reported a split pole about to fall on my road as a line fault once, no other way to do it.

40% of households are NOT eircom customers nowadays...up from a low of 10% at privatisation!

Hi Sponge Bob
    I used to work in the faults section when I started at eircom and there is a procedure for logging reported faults not associated to an account. The diligent agent that I was, I logged many such requests. The split pole you mention should certainly have been addressed as that would constitute a safety matter. For this too there is a procedure and certainly should have ben seen too. Probably a bit late now but if you did get a ref no.. I can chase this for you to see why not dealt with.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi reallyrose,

I got your details thanks, I will check it out with our faults team and get back to you in a few days.

Thnaks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement