Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red hair going ginger

• 31-03-2012 11:32am

Hoping for some ideas here. I've been dying my hair red for a few years now, and without fail, it looks lovely for the first few days and then goes a horrible brassy ginger colour. I've tried highlights, all over permanent and now henna and the same thing always happens. I used the Lush henna, Caca Marron last week and got a lovely reddy-brown colour but now in the sunlight, it just looks orange. I don't understand why this is?? I constantly see other girls with the perfect shade of red but my hair can't seem to keep it. Indoors, in natural light, the colour is nice but in the sun it's horrible. My natural hair colour is medium to dark brown and fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Red hair is one of the trickiest colours to keep looking nice, I'd recommend using a non sulfate shampoo so some of the Bed Head line might be of interest. You can get Bed Head in TK Maxx for cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I used to use the caca marron and would always use the entire bar, cut really finely - grated if possible - and keep it in my hair overnight for at least 12 hours. The colour stayed lovely and rich for a good 3 weeks this way. My natural colour sounds similar to yours; are you using the henna in the same way?

A gentle shampoo might help as well, maybe johnsons baby shampoo or something similar which won't strip away any colour.

i think it's the l'oreal feria i use, scarlet
    comes out a lovely deep rich red and stays that way

i use the john frieda shampoo, the red one

i had the problem of going slightly ginger with the hairdresser doing it red and another red dye i tried, but that one stays red
    in the sunlight it's still really strong lovely red

you do need to be careful of what shampoo you use also

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Elle179

I use schwarzkopf Live colour XXL in the shade real red, comes out a real bright vibrant read and stays the same untill i have to dye the roots again! Its only €5.99 in boots

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

Don't use baby shampoo-it will help strip the hair of colour rather than protecting it. As another poster said, try a sulfate free shampoo to help keep your hair colour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement