Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teaching Irish to beginners

• 31-03-2012 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,
    A friend of mine needs to do a ten minute Irish lesson for an interview. It needs to be suitable for adults who are beginners learning Irish. I've found some ideas but most seem to be aimed more for young children, using games like pin the tail on the donkey etc and they might be a bit childish for an interview. I would really appreciate any ideas or websites that would be suitable.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

maybe pick a topic and see can the teacher draw on the knowledge of Irish that the adult learners have already e.g. maybe write their facebook page into irish which gives opportunity to teach ainm, aois, dáta breithe, stadas, caitheamh aimsire, cairde, is maith liom, ní maith liom srl...it would be a good icebreaker aswell for an adult class...they could write it in class and then actually set up their page as homework and communicate with the teacher or eachother, become "cairde" etc. ....

Try and teach one little piece of grammer aswell e.g Sean is ainm dom, duit dó, sile is ainm di, an rang gaeilge is ainm dúinn....you get the idea.....but don't spend ages on grammer....

i hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

http://www.teg.ie/gaeilge/teagasc.htm Use cúrsa A1. Designed for adults learning Irish. Based on the European Framework for Language Learning. Includes resources and lesson plans. You can't beat it!

Advertisement