Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Electrician

Options
  • 31-03-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭

Right so here's the story, I had Vodafone installed a while back on an old Eircom line, it turns turns out there is a fault in the line (the LAN keeps flicking on and off), this fault occurs most when the computer and xbox live are being used simultaneously, I've been told that an electrician is needed to install a new line.

Im just wondering does anybody have a rough idea of how much that would cost? Im completely in the blue as to how much a job like that would be so some kind of idea would be helpful.

Also if anybody has any suggestions as to the name of a reliable and not very costly local electrician then that would be appreciated too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I can't see why you would need to get a new line installed, unless they've tested it from their outlet on the wall (which was installed by Eircom) and it works fine from there. Did they get you to try that first?

Granted, the internal wiring to have multiple outlets is something you would have to fix, but if you still get the same issues when the router is connected to the main outlet i'd be thinking it's an Eircom issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

When it was installed by Vodafone an Eircom came out but he didn't mention any kind of problem with the line, it is only when we started having internet connection problems that a second Eircom technician was sent out and he said that there was a fault in the line and that the problem would only get worse unless we got an electrician in to rewire it from the outside of the house to the inside.

tbh Im not sure about the technicalities of it all but basically what we got from the second technician was that we need an electrician to rewire it if we want our broadband to work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

http://www.dhe.ie/

David Herne 086-3229842

a good young local electrician who is very reasonable.. and will give you a quote before he starts..

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mefynn

Colin Barry electrical,highly recommend him,087 6226559

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

get upc broadband problem solved :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I had UPC Broadband, got rid of it when I got Sky in as my tv provider. Im gonna stick with Vodafone, I think their broadband should be pretty good once I can sort out this fault in the line.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, Im just wondering does anybody have any kind of rough estimate as to what kind or price range this kind of job might cost?

Advertisement