Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 31 Match Day thread....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

the funny thing is I think a ppi system can work. it's just whatever weight they're putting on the different statistics that is wrong. how Bale got not a single BP is beyond me. He was all over the park, whipped in a whole load of great crosses, had a good few shots on target, and had his assist of course. Whatever way they're calculating it is wrong

BP rant and a cuppa. can't beat it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Absolute joke. Bonus points also a joke. This game is going down the toilet. Just wrote to support@fantasypremierleague.com regarding that assist. The inconsistency is destroying this game.

Just emailed them there FG. Hope they give it back to him again considering they already gave it to him earlier but took it away. So that shows they dont have a clue:rolleyes: Could do with those points:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Just emailed them there FG. Hope they give it back to him again considering they already gave it to him earlier but took it away. So that shows they dont have a clue:rolleyes: Could do with those points:o

It's odd...the assist has changed player 4 times. I have a feeling it's going to stay on Barfa because it's the easy/lazy thing for them to do. that's why I wrote to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Just emailed them there. It's a bit of a joke tbh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guys, I urge ye to write to support@fantasypremierleague.com regardless of who you have on your team. We need to let them know this this sort of ****ty decision making is not tolerated.

I sent a one liner mail for you but I doubt it will do anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

MOTHERF*CK*R!!!!!!! I never complain about BP's but this week is taking the absolute piss. 1 for captain Dempsey. Duff did absolutely nothing bar score that goal. Ruiz was decent enough but definitely did not deserve more than Demps. Dempsey easily had 3 shots on target, he hit the bar too. To add salt to the wound, Siggy and Walcott both get none. They should have got at least something between them given the inconsistencies of the BP system. But no, inconsistent BP's aren't given to players that I have, are they? :rolleyes:

The only annoying thing about all this is that here was I thinking I made the right captain choice and that I'd pull away with that decision alone but now since he only got 1 BP, Rooney will probably end up getting more points than him this week.

I said never to complain about this BP's system but god am I angry today after seeing them. Not the end of the world I suppose but I am very annoyed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Trilla wrote: »
    I sent a one liner mail for you but I doubt it will do anything

Thanks. It's not for the want of trying anyways. It just galls me that a game I love is being poisoned by inconsistencies and poor bonus point allocation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

58 points with Yakubu and Evans still to play :)

I put Larsson on the bench though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Jebus Christ, you lot are like a crowd from South Park.

*Rabble rabble rabble they took our BPs rabble rabble*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Do we really need to have the same conversation practically every week about the bonus points? Yes, they're hopelessly inconsistent. Yes, they're baffling at times. But its been this way since the start of the season and its not going to change now. Get over it FFS. Its the same for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

hang your head in shame fantasyfootball. if b arfa had of got touch the ball would have changed direction

ok no idea what i just said there. meant to say ba should of got the assist

Now I'm going back on topic...

I was meaning to bring this up earlier... the Valenica -v- Young debate again.

I need Young to significantly out-score Val tonight to justify the extra cash spent on him.

Not sure what a "significant amount" is exactly, but I'm thinking along the lines of an extra goal or assist. Somewhere in the 3-5 points range.

I see Young as a much more likely goal-scorer, so he really needs to bag one tonight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Why are people having a Barney in this forum? Surely we should stick to FPL banter and such? There are plenty of threads to have a rant in:rolleyes: (im in plenty of them)

Wheres the Mods when you need them!;)

carlcon wrote: »

I need Young to significantly out-score Val tonight to justify the extra cash spent on him.

Not sure what a "significant amount" is exactly, but I'm thinking along the lines of an extra goal or assist. Somewhere in the 3-5 points range.

I see Young as a much more likely goal-scorer, so he really needs to bag one tonight for me.

The only thing with young is he doesnt always start and at his price its taking a gamble having him in your team but if he plays he expect he would get more points than valencia

Rastapitts wrote: »
    The only thing with young is he doesnt always start and at his price its taking a gamble having him in your team but if he plays he expect he would get more points than valencia

Well that's the thing... when all 3 (Nani/Young/Valencia) have been fit and available this season, it was Valencia who was benched or dropped to play in the League Cup every single time. It's only happened about 7 or 8 times, but that was enough for me to make the decision to pick Young.

I still believe a fit Young and a fit squad will result in him playing. The game he was dropped in recently against Wolves was simply to get some match-fitness and game-time for a number of players who needed it. In the previous 2 games, he was United's best player, so there's no way he was dropped in my mind... just not required for the "easy" game.

Tonight will tell a lot. If he doesn't play, I'll have to accept defeat and worry about elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

What will probably happen though is he'll stub his toe in the warm up and you'll have Siggy to come in for 7 points, coupled with Valencia getting sent off...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Meanwhile in the GW 32 thread.... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

kennyb3 wrote: »
    God didnt mean to turn this into a battle. I didnt like carlcons post but i reckon he has explained it was being silly rather than acting the maggot which is fair enough.

I think it time to move on.

Anyway i ll also be watching tonights match with interest have young - but may free up funds by moving to valencia. Seems like a waste of a transfer but will make sure i can fulfil all my planned transfers for the DGW.

The interesting bit will be when nani comes back.

A lot will depend on how young performs tonight.

I wouldn't swap Young for Valencia, either could outperform the other over a week. Your transfers should be used shrewdly to cover the next few weeks, with an eye on the finish line.

I've already picked out numerous players which I'll be keeping to the end, namely all my United and Arsenal players, Siggy and Caulker etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

roryc wrote: »
    I wouldn't swap Young for Valencia, either could outperform the other over a week. Your transfers should be used shrewdly to cover the next few weeks, with an eye on the finish line.

I've already picked out numerous players which I'll be keeping to the end, namely all my United and Arsenal players, Siggy and Caulker etc.
    I dont really want to because as you say there wont be much between them but the extra cash will allow me get an extra top quality player for the week before the DGW till week 38, so on that basis I can justify it. Im happy enough with the rest of my team anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Well that's the thing... when all 3 (Nani/Young/Valencia) have been fit and available this season, it was Valencia who was benched or dropped to play in the League Cup every single time. It's only happened about 7 or 8 times, but that was enough for me to make the decision to pick Young.

I still believe a fit Young and a fit squad will result in him playing. The game he was dropped in recently against Wolves was simply to get some match-fitness and game-time for a number of players who needed it. In the previous 2 games, he was United's best player, so there's no way he was dropped in my mind... just not required for the "easy" game.

Tonight will tell a lot. If he doesn't play, I'll have to accept defeat and worry about elsewhere.

I believe when all three are fit, Valencia will be the first name he puts on the team sheet, and unless he gets injured that's the way it will be till the end of the season!

Valencia is far too important and playing immense that he can't be dropped. Young and Nani can be rotated, all three can be played with young sitting behind the striker if he wanted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Enough with the bitching at each other, anymore of this and I will be dishing out bans/infractions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Looks like no Young tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Oh god there are some scary United teams going around. Young is up front in one and not playing another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

De Gea, Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Valencia, Rooney, Hernandez. Subs: Amos, Welbeck, Giggs, Smalling, Pogba, Park, Young

Deffo

• Advertisement

I think I'll have to get rid of Young. Waste of money to be having him sitting on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Fingers crossed for a two minute Young cameo

Some young owners might get Siggy in off their bench if he doesn't play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

midfielders did the job for me with Sess, Ben and Dempsey all performing. 48 points with Evans and Yakubu to play. Worse case for me is a Blackburn goal with no Yak involvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Evra on the wing? :eek: Huh???? His 7.2 million price-tag may finally pay off! Unless Jones is in centre mid and Evra is not on the wing and i am over-reacting :o

Well that's me done. G'night folks!

OROZo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Great use of that gif!

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Great use of that gif!

Look at yer one in the bottom right she looks like she's gonna kill someone lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Last week took Jones out for Evans, first time I've taken him out this year. And since Jones seems to be playing in midfield tonight, cue a Jones goal. :(:)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Dear Wayne,

I you could stay quiet tonight that would be brilliant.

Yours sincerely,
    A non-Rooney FPL owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If Young doesnt play any part, I've Sessegnon coming off the bench for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Wayne Wooney hattrick all assisted by Valencia would do the job for me tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Valencia will cause damage tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Wayne Wooney hattrick all assisted by Valencia would do the job for me tonight.

All assited by Evans you mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

JPA wrote: »
    Valencia will cause damage tonight.

I don't think a yellow card is what you meant but you're right anyway

woah. what a save by de gea. and another good one. he's a bit on fire that lad

• Advertisement

Young will surely come on in the second half imo. The game is crying out for his width down the left. Everything is going down the right atm.

That goal should have stood imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Now, if Evans could get an assist or a goal, and Ba his assist points back, that would be amazing.

Thank you.

Young on

Ugh, Young has come on, he better score a hattrick or something!

Valencia goal ;)

What a goal by Valencia. Think its time to take a 4 point hit...

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Brilliant goal by Tony. Currently set up perfect for me as I have just him and evans with no rooney. Would be fantastic if it stays like this and Rooney does nothing.

Young, nice one!!

• Advertisement

o/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement